Debate Mansion

Socialized Health Care..? Good or Bad..? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 7

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 7
Page 6 Page 7

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 02 August 2007 at 3:57pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Socialized Health Care..? Good or Bad..? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 02 August 2007 at 4:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tisha_g

Qt, no offense taken. I couldn't lose the opportunity of pulling your fin LOL
How would the equality factor be promoted without a structure?
We can agree to disagree on the quality and prefernce of healthcare as we speak fron our personal experience. If my dad went to a hospital with his situation in India last year, he would not be alive today.

LOLLOL.. nope.. it can't be promoted even with a structure and constitution..
i was talking more about social structure that promises healthcare to all, not quality healthcare to all..
i recently lost mamaji-in-law to a surgical procedure here and another friend's father here as well.. after all, we are all seemingly comparing personal experiences..  mine seem to be far better in india, given everyone in family is a doctor? perhaps..  I'd never want any surgery done here myself if I have the choice to travel to India Smile and money is not the factor here.  I couldn't care if Amgen pays for me / my uncle does it for free LOL

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 02 August 2007 at 8:04pm | IP Logged
bad experiences with healthcare system in India are far too much, misdiagnonsis is very common and unfortuately it leaves permanent damage

America too it happens, but there are recourses

many a times misdiagnosis in India are so expensive(not in money) that I wouldnt mind paying the extra buck here in America

Doctors are just too careful here in America(as compared to India), they scare you more here, but I will take it anyday

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 02 August 2007 at 11:11pm | IP Logged

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 02 August 2007 at 11:16pm | IP Logged
commute has obviously nothing to do with healthcare system and its socialization me thinks Confused

one can talk of advancements in the USA in terms of trying to provide urgent effective air lift and care, but again, in the bigger picture, how many US hospitals have helipads either? Embarrassed
Appearing to look at bigger picture and actually looking at bigger picture ain't one and the same.. There is obviously more to USA and European countries like Switzerland, than FOBs and immigrants can look at.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 02 August 2007 at 11:55pm

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 02 August 2007 at 11:20pm | IP Logged

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 02 August 2007 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
post edited above, instead of making new post regarding commutes. Since personal experiences appear to have become flavor of the thread

1. choppers haven't saved / weren't required by some relatives and friends i lost here..
2. in fact, they were both already in the hospital.. one was given overdose of insulin and another one- we are yet to find out how he died..
3. privatization vs municipal hospitals were discussed in the light of affordable healthcare, provided for free / nominal charges.
4. Oh one can speak of fancy DNA mapping, scanning, breast exams, PAP tests and what not, which may not be a part of screening in some countries over the other. LOL fits right in along with choppers and other fancy stuff from the developed-countries. Tongue

Oh.. the mention of how truckloads of RELATIVES as DOCTORS could be useless Smile, interesting comment.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 03 August 2007 at 12:02am

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 02 August 2007 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sareg

America too it happens, but there are recourses

This is abolutely true!!  a valid point ClapClap

Post Reply New Post

Go to top