Debate Mansion

Socialized Health Care..? Good or Bad..? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 3 Page 7

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 02 August 2007 at 11:13am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Socialized Health Care..? Good or Bad..? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Meena1

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 02 August 2007 at 11:12am | IP Logged

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 02 August 2007 at 11:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by sareg

perhaps India/England/France/Canada etc can do a lot of research work(raise their medication costs) and help socialize America's healthcare costs, something that Mr Moore doesnt say in his movie's Wink

Why drag India into this, even after spending peanuts over research work, govt. can't provide quality healthcare services for everyone. Govt. hospitals like AIIMS and such are mostly used by ministers, politicians and bureucrats and in other govt. hospitals two patients share one bed or sleep on the floor with the hospital's pet dogs and cats.Tongue

Anyway, it's not a bad idea to collect tax from the public and give free healthcare benefits in return, that way even the poorest of the poor will be assured of treatment when the need arises.

actually two things, one is medicare cost and other is pharmaceutical costs

pharma costs

other day I was talking to a friend of mine, he had allergy medication

In America, he has to go to a doctor to get authorization of medication, pay co-pay for that($20), go to pharmacy, get the medication($20) for co-pay and that too for a 2 month supply, his insurance pays I think $120 each for the doctor and medication. So total cost $240

His brother called from India said "tu chinta mat kar", he sent him 6 months of supply costing 40 rupeesLOL

medicare costs here are high b'cos there are people always willing to sue(I think Maya posted that link)

Meena1

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 02 August 2007 at 11:36am | IP Logged

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 02 August 2007 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Meena1

Originally posted by souro

perhaps India/England/France/Canada etc can do a lot of research work(raise their medication costs) and help socialize America's healthcare costs, something that Mr Moore doesnt say in his movie's Wink

Why drag India into this, even after spending peanuts over research work, govt. can't provide quality healthcare services for everyone. Govt. hospitals like AIIMS and such are mostly used by ministers, politicians and bureucrats and in other govt. hospitals two patients share one bed or sleep on the floor with the hospital's pet dogs and cats.Tongue

Anyway, it's not a bad idea to collect tax from the public and give free healthcare benefits in return, that way even the poorest of the poor will be assured of treatment when the need arises.

actually two things, one is medicare cost and other is pharmaceutical costs

pharma costs

other day I was talking to a friend of mine, he had allergy medication

In America, he has to go to a doctor to get authorization of medication, pay co-pay for that($20), go to pharmacy, get the medication($20) for co-pay and that too for a 2 month supply, his insurance pays I think $120 each for the doctor and medication. So total cost $240

His brother called from India said "tu chinta mat kar", he sent him 6 months of supply costing 40 rupeesLOL

medicare costs here are high b'cos there are people always willing to sue(I think Maya posted that link)

..Thats when medical mal-practice insurance comes in real handy..LOL india should definitely have something like that but then that would cause a whole wave of patients suing doctors...

actually it is not malpractice, it is OTC in India, it is prescribed in US same medication, same brand

If people start suing in India with the same frequency as in US, Doctors/pharmaceutical companies will close shop in IndiaLOL

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 02 August 2007 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
nice discussion / debate Clap Clap

i prefer Indian healthCARE system over the one available here. It does not surprise me a bit that several surgeries are getting outsourced Smile Clap ..
Insurance costs, doctors' insurance protection against law-suits, salaries of people in the preofession, medicare, FDA politics, pharmaceutical costs, quality of overall healthCARE over here makes me upset. Switzerland / India was far better.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 02 August 2007 at 12:43pm

Meena1

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 02 August 2007 at 12:56pm | IP Logged

wite_rainbow

IF-Rockerz

wite_rainbow

Posted: 02 August 2007 at 1:10pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

nice discussion / debate Clap Clap

i prefer Indian healthCARE system over the one available here. It does not surprise me a bit that several surgeries are getting outsourced Smile Clap ..
Insurance costs, doctors' insurance protection against law-suits, salaries of people in the preofession, medicare, FDA politics, pharmaceutical costs, quality of overall healthCARE over here makes me upset. Switzerland / India was far better.

Clap

I would prefer Saudi Arabian healthcare over Canadian anyday with having no experience if Indian and very little to none of Pakistani healthcare system. Come to think of it...Pakistani health care is also good if you can afford to call a Dr and pay him extra for coming in and fixing a broken bone on a major holiday.LOLThe free healthcare is nothing but a big facade in Canada IMO! Have had many not so good experiences and mostly due to the hospital and dr's carelessness. Who sends a person with brain injury home?! If you dont have a Dr home, you can seriously count on the county hospitals to send you home with a bandaid on your head when you are suffering from brain traumaDead In the end every country has its shortcomings.

Edited by wite_rainbow - 02 August 2007 at 1:17pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top