Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii)

Puraani Kahaani - Relive the magic (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 91

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 30 July 2007 at 7:38am | IP Logged

Originally posted by eklayvafan1

I completely loved the way Paro steadily and mutely walked away from her family, especially from Om and Babuji, when really she wanted to be with them. I loved it how her self-respect which was insulted by everyone was the aspect that made her walk away. And Babuji your Bahu is to big hearted not to forgive you, have to say his apology really mellowed down my anger towards him to say the least. I loved that bit too - she didn't just stand around waiting for them to take her back. She retained her self respect, she did what she said she would and left. She knew that Om would convince her to stay, and she knew that Babuji would too, but in a way, it seemed as if she decided not to go back until someone came and got her. And I don't mean that she was calculating, and waiting for an apology before she deigned to return, simply that she  put her self-respect before her love for her family, and made sure that the "inner Parvati" was satisfied.

How adorable and cute was Om when he says 'Right or wrong, from what I have learnt about my relationship with Paro, I can only conclude by saying I cant live without her', and Paro looks at him tearfully, with so much admiration and love for her beloved, I absolutely adored that scene and Paro conveyed everything just with her eyes. And the scene when Om argues against Babuji on why Paro can't be forgiven, when he says I canchange my mental perspective or outlook, but not the heartbeats that beat for Paro, he was too cute. Loved the little Shruti and Om scenes, and indirectly Om's advice coming from what he learnt from Paro. And was Shruti fierce or what even when she was small, loved the way she is so adamant whilst talking to Om that she wont talk to anyone who is annoyed at her Mom. That scene was so sweet. And Paro's nani, really adore the fact that anything that happens to Paro, the first person she thinks of is Om, she really treated him like her son.    I absolutely loved Om. Especially when he asked Babuji why there was a difference between sons and d-i-l's in their society and house. Its not something you would expect a son to say, you'd expect a woman to come out with that line, but Om was so sensitive towards the feelings of EVERY bahu, not just his own wife. At that point, you could see even Avantika and Shilpa a little shame-faced. Loved the bit when Nani came into the house, and Om sped out of his seat, worried for her, and then immediately agreed to go and find Paro. Not only did Nani treat him as her son, but Om treated Nani like his own mother/nani as well. Loved the actress who played Nani - that character was strong and well-etched, and aside from Narayani Devi now, she was the only character who was a REAL mother-figure to Paro. I don't count Dadi or Krishna-ji, because they kept changing their minds/remaining mute and not offering her their unmitigated support.

About Kamal Vasu, I guess to certain extent Pallavi was right, (though I love how Kamal supports Paro/Om), but from what I have seen Kamal has never done anything on his own merit. She completely hated the fact Kamal did everything blindly for Om/Paro, why he could not take decisions individually. Personally I believe Kamal was prosperous with his family relationships in the sense he had good rapport with his family members, but some way down the line he fell weak as a husband, who was not self-regulative enough, for a person like Pallavi. Just a Q, was there a point in time where Pallavi actually loved Kamal??? There was a point earlier on, before this track happened - when Kamal started to get involved in the business, and smartened up - thanks to Pallavi. When Paro brought Pallavi back home after she was first thrown out, Pallavi and Kamal started getting closer, to the point that Pallavi would support Kamal over Shilpa and Gaurav. Even when Krishna was born, and Pallavi found out, she loved him like her own son (after she got over the shock, of course), and even tried to be involved with Kamal. It was after Khushi's rape track that Pallavi turned evil again, and lost all love for everyone in that family except Krishna (and later Monalika). One question - why haven't they shown baby Krishna yet? He's been born, but he never gets talked about nor do they show him...

Ambika/Mallika she was amazing, it was so funny the way she tried to lure Om, and equally funny was Om's shock and horror style expressions. It was good to see that even after being defeated she didn't let Garauv slap her, and even had the audacity to threaten him. Guys is this the end of her though??? Do we not see Ambika again??? The actress was really good. Definitely not the last of Mallika, she'll be back soon. Rajeshwari was brilliant as Mallika, but Tisca Chopra was wonderful as well. She comes in after the first leap, and its one of those rare occasions when both the original and the replacement actor do justice to their role. The character did not suffer from the replacement.

As for Om, the thing that I loved most about that scene was his absolute disgust at himself. He wasn't like other "faithful" husbands, who succumbed to the charms of another woman simply because she was crying in his arms (here I am thinking of Mihir) - in fact the whole charade backfired on Mallika. Loved how he kept saying - "How could I betray my wife, my Parvati?" It wasn't even simply about being a good husband, it was his utter disbelief - he couldn't even CONTEMPLATE being with someone who wasn't Parvati. That was beautiful. And not once did he lay a hand on her - she touched him, but he didn't push her nor did he touch her in any other way. He simply backed himself up and chastised her. Brilliant!

I was looking through the character list, and I noticed that Kuljeet Randhawa originally played Meeta - I vaguely remembered that another actress had essayed that role before Tanaaz, but had no idea it was Kuljeet. For those who are confused, Kuljeet played Shaina in Special Squad. That was an "OMG, really?" moment for meLOLLOL

Edited by psawyer - 30 July 2007 at 7:43am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Puraani Kahaani - Relive the magic (Page 3)" in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii) forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

eklayvafan1

eklayvafan1

Posted: 30 July 2007 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Thanks Vasu for the clarifications. On Mallika I meant, will we see rajeshwari anymore as Mallika in this leap??? Or does the character of Mallika come back now only after the leap??? Yeah I agree yaar Tisca did a absolutely a wonderful job aswell, really loved her role.

I know yaar Om's character was amazing not only with Paro but every other character. His disgust was clearly evident in the Ambika scene, you could really see he felt sick that Ambika would even think like that. Loved the scene when he tell Ajay/Garauv that above traditions are relationships, be it in the form of brother/sis, mother/son, or husband/wife (him/paro), and he suddenly stops there and remembers her. Om was really amazing how he wanted to be with Paro really badly, but also not to upset his so-called family by this decision. He really played it beautifully.

With Kamal/Pallavi I dont know why but I always tend to be with Pallavi, just in there relationship alone. I think what really made me like Pallavi was when she whole-heartly acceped Krishna as her own son, and gave him all the love and affection. Her accepting Krishna despite what kamal did, was definetly the most defining moment in her character.

Just re-watched the Paro scene when she has told everyone about Amibka and she goes to the mandir. Wow was that a scene or what, Saakshi really protrayed so much hurt, relief, pain, and happiness all in that scene. She was mindblowing.

What is the next big track that's coming up?? Does Ajay die first or is it Babuji???

P.S. Kuljeet from SS that's a shocker yaar, totally loved her in SS as Shaina, she was one fiery, gutsy actress, she really rocked for sure. What role did she play in kahaani???

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 30 July 2007 at 8:54am | IP Logged

Thanks Vasu for the clarifications. On Mallika I meant, will we see rajeshwari anymore as Mallika in this leap??? Or does the character of Mallika come back now only after the leap??? Yeah I agree yaar Tisca did a absolutely a wonderful job aswell, really loved her role. I think we do see Rajeshwari in this gen - in the track when her sister Ashlesha comes by...can't remember though, maybe she changed before the leap itself....in any case, Mallika will be back, in one form or another...

I know yaar Om's character was amazing not only with Paro but every other character. His disgust was clearly evident in the Ambika scene, you could really see he felt sick that Ambika would even think like that. Loved the scene when he tell Ajay/Garauv that above traditions are relationships, be it in the form of brother/sis, mother/son, or husband/wife (him/paro), and he suddenly stops there and remembers her. Om was really amazing how he wanted to be with Paro really badly, but also not to upset his so-called family by this decision. He really played it beautifully.

With Kamal/Pallavi I dont know why but I always tend to be with Pallavi, just in there relationship alone. I think what really made me like Pallavi was when she whole-heartly acceped Krishna as her own son, and gave him all the love and affection. Her accepting Krishna despite what kamal did, was definetly the most defining moment in her character. Absolutely. Any woman who can wholeheartedly accept and love a child who is a constant reminder of her husband's affair with another woman can't be all that bad. That's why, despite my hating Tulsi with a vengeance, I always loved her relationship with Karan (not any more), and that's why, I could never hate Pallavi fully, like I could hate Aparna, or Komolika or Mandira. Pallavi stayed away from Krishna for 20 years, and he wasn't her biological son, yet she still loved him fiercely all her life. Contrast that with Aparna, who raised Prem/UD for 20 years - you'd think she'd have a TINY bit of love for the child she spent the majority of her life with. But she didn't think twice about using him as a tool and then discarding him.

I also couldn't hate Pallavi fully because, on some level, I could understand her. I wouldn't go as far as saying that I supported her actions, but I could understand that the betrayal she faced when she was married to house-servant Kamal instead of hot-shot lawyer Ajay, and I could see her frustration with Kamal always "Yes bhabhi, no bhabhi"-ing and never speaking up for himself or for her, and I could understand her anger in the way the family treated her when reg. Krishna. And no matter how evil she got, no matter what she did, she always referred to Parvati as "bhabhi" and Om as "bhaiya". Even years after she was divorced from Kamal, she retained that respect for Paro, if only in name. Pallavi knew Paro's strength - never did she underestimate her. She truly was a worthy adversary. And unlike Trishna, Pallavi never used Paro's children against her - apart from Monalika, that is - I think Pallavi even loved Shruti to some extent, despite being the one who had her kidnapped. In any case, Pallavi is such a multi-faceted, strong and complex character, that I couldn't help but love her anyway. I can't stand the one-dimensionality of chars like Komo and Aparna (though I love Komo purely for the comic factor with Indro), who want revenge for no reason in particular. But like all the other chars of the first 2 gens, Pallavi was more grey than black or white, and she was lovingly etched and wonderfully essayed.

Just re-watched the Paro scene when she has told everyone about Amibka and she goes to the mandir. Wow was that a scene or what, Saakshi really protrayed so much hurt, relief, pain, and happiness all in that scene. She was mindblowing.

What is the next big track that's coming up?? Does Ajay die first or is it Babuji??? Ajay dies first. Babuji dies sometime after the leap. THe next big track, acc. to my memory, is the crescendo and culmination of Ajay's affair with Meeta, and his death. That should be interesting, though who-dunnit mysteries are always a little boring, especially when you already know "whodunnit"!LOL

P.S. Kuljeet from SS that's a shocker yaar, totally loved her in SS as Shaina, she was one fiery, gutsy actress, she really rocked for sure. What role did she play in kahaani??? I loved the actress, but by God, did that character irritate the hell out of me or what?!Ouch Always shouting for no reason, being so antagonistic towards everyone...Kuljeet was originally Meeta, Ajay's boss and later mistress, though it was Tanaaz playing the role when the affair started.

Edited by psawyer - 30 July 2007 at 8:56am

eklayvafan1

eklayvafan1

Posted: 30 July 2007 at 9:43am | IP Logged
I totally agree, Pallavi had her share of strengths and weaknesses. One strength being her undying love for krishna, and also hated the way the agarwals treated her regarding the whole krishna aspect, and how they never saw the genuine love Pallavi had for krishna.

Yeah the Ajay track should be interesting as long as they dont stretch it too much like always. As long as there is alot of Om/Paro/Shruti scenes in between I am all up for it.

P.S. I know what you mean, Shaina did shout a hell of lot LOL , even when she could clearly put her point across calmly. What I loved about her character was her dont give damn/ dont mess with me attitude, she was definetly a very unique character to ever hit onscreen.

Another Q, who was Sasha and his crew related to from the AG family??? Was it Neeraj???

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 30 July 2007 at 9:52am | IP Logged
No, Sasha was Deven Garg's son and Rohan's nephew. Basically, the Rohan you saw in these last few eps - we are told that during the interim between the first and second gen, Rohan and Deven are freed from jail, and they have their kids. Rohan's kids are Neel and Rob (although he's not with Mallika any longer - Mallika marries Sanjay Doshi. Ironically, Aryan was Mallika's stepkid, but she loved him like her own). Deven's kids are Sasha and Machan - with his first and legal wife Garima. When Rohan and Deven were first introduced, we were told that Anamika was his wife, but turns out she was the other woman. Deven had a daughter with her too, but she was never shown. So Sasha is actually Babuji's brother's grandson, so in a way, Shruti and Krishna's cousin twice-removed, or something ridiculous like that...

luv_sakshi

IF-Rockerz

luv_sakshi

Posted: 30 July 2007 at 2:45pm | IP Logged

I totally agree guys on Babuji; he was acting like a complete fool and rather insensitively towards Paro. I guess they hated Pallavi so much that they couldn't even imagine the sight of Paro linking with her, and also they were practically misled by there own daughter. I loved the dialogue Babuji said 'No matter how much we say, but when it comes to matter of trusting your own daughter or your Bahu, we will always choose our own daughter'. Its reality and it happens again and again. I guess that summed it up all well. Very true..!!

I completely loved the way Paro steadily and mutely walked away from her family, especially from Om and Babuji, when really she wanted to be with them. I loved it how her self-respect which was insulted by everyone was the aspect that made her walk away. And Babuji your Bahu is to big hearted not to forgive you, have to say his apology really mellowed down my anger towards him to say the least.

How adorable and cute was Om when he says 'Right or wrong, from what I have learnt about my relationship with Paro, I can only conclude by saying I cant live without her',Clap and Paro looks at him tearfully, with so much admiration and love for her beloved, I absolutely adored that scene and Paro conveyed everything just with her eyes. ClapAnd the scene when Om argues against Babuji on why Paro can't be forgiven, when he says I can change my mental perspective or outlook, but not the heartbeats that beat for Paro, he was too cute. ClapLoved the little Shruti and Om scenes, and indirectly Om's advice coming from what he learnt from Paro. And was Shruti fierce or what even when she was small, loved the way she is so adamant whilst talking to Om that she wont talk to anyone who is annoyed at her MomClap. That scene was so sweet. And Paro's nani, really adore the fact that anything that happens to Paro, the first person she thinks of is Om, she really treated him like her son.   

About Kamal Vasu, I guess to certain extent Pallavi was right, (though I love how Kamal supports Paro/Om), but from what I have seen Kamal has never done anything on his own merit. She completely hated the fact Kamal did everything blindly for Om/Paro, why he could not take decisions individually. Personally I believe Kamal was prosperous with his family relationships in the sense he had good rapport with his family members, but some way down the line he fell weak as a husband, who was not self-regulative enough, for a person like Pallavi. Just a Q, was there a point in time where Pallavi actually loved Kamal???

Ambika/Mallika she was amazing, it was so funny the way she tried to lure Om, and equally funny was Om's shock and horror style expressions. It was good to see that even after being defeated she didn't let Garauv slap her, and even had the audacity to threaten himLOL. Guys is this the end of her though??? Do we not see Ambika again??? The actress was really good. No not yet...but i guess Rajeshwari goes off after the leap n is repalced by Tisca...believe me, she was equally good as Mallika! Wink

Overall I absolutely loved the eps, every character right or wrong played there part with conviction, and shared equal footage and importance.

I could'nt agree laess on every word you've said! Smile Aaawww...today's epi really got me feeling all mushy inside...Cry Smile Clap

I simply loved the way Parvati silently walked out after the Parivaar finds out about Mallika....she wanted to be with her family n Om so badly, yet she put forth her self-respect n dignity and walked off...Clap It was her good Conscience that made her do so...Loved every bit of that scene! Clap Smile Sakshi is too good at this...Embarrassed

Loved the way Nani was with Parvati all the time, understanding n supporting her Smile Clap Very true...Nani was Parvati's mother-figure n supporting pillar apart from Narayni Devi Embarrassed Loved the way nani took care of every detail of Parvati's life n also the way she loved Om Clap Smile

The scene when Nani asked Parvati why she came back from the AG House inspite of solving the Mallika problem, Parvati tells Nani that her self-respect n dignity have been lost after all that mess up...the trust that prevailed among relationships has been replaced with Doubt....Will that trust ever be restored? Will that old bonding ever be felt?...I don't think so....Clap Clap Clap Wow!! that scene was awesome...Clap Clap Clap Clap

Glad that Babuji realised how wrong he was to have not trustred his Fav bahu n for having blindly trusted his daughter....the scene where he walks up to Parvati's house begging her to forgive him n return home was touching! Cry Cry Parvati... she's got such a big heart n so much love for the family, i'm sure she'll forgive everyone n come back home Embarrassed Clap Smile

Om...words fall short in his praise Clap Clap Loved the way he fought with Babuji for Parvati (loved the way Parvati looked at Om when he told Babuji that his heart beats for Parvati n that he could not imagine a life without her..Embarrassed Cry...Touching!), Loved the way Om kept thinking of Parvati all the time...yearning for her, even as Mallika was trying to approach him, all he could think of was Parvati, his endless love for her n the faith Parvati had placed in him...that made him back off from Mallika. Embarrassed Clap Smile...He was so disgusted with Mallika for having brought such thoughts into her head Clap...God!! I miss Om n Parvati even more now after watching their good ol' days together Cry Cry...Sakshi n Kiran were so good together!!! Embarrassed Clap Clap

And who can forget Parvati's scene at the temple? Clap Clap Clap Sakshi really is the Queen Bee of TV Embarrassed Smile Big smile She potrayed her pain, relief n the restoration of her faith in the Almighty, her gratitude for all the support n help she received from God....so well!! Clap Clap Clap Smile Embarrassed Big smile Clap Clap Clap We could actually feel the emotinal turmoil that the character of Parvati was going thru' at that point of time Clap Only Sakshi could have potrayed that scene so well...Clap Embarrassed Clap

Truly...Om n Parvati really rocked together...no wonder they are still the one n only "perfect Fav jodi" for me Embarrassed Clap n no one can take their place! Smile

All in all... a rocking epi!!Clap Smile Clap

Edited by luv_sakshi - 30 July 2007 at 2:55pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shamma92

Artemisia

Channel Moderator

Artemisia

Posted: 30 July 2007 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
will be watching this weeks videos now and discuss them 2morow might have to bear with me ill be describing some chaarcters a lot since i dont know who they are

looks like this week a lot has been happening

JennyPenny

IF-Addictz

JennyPenny

Posted: 31 July 2007 at 1:44am | IP Logged
Vas, the red stings the eye, can we use some other color pjeee Embarrassed

I remember watching this show before, I watched it especially for the adorable Shweta Prasad that played Shurti in KGGK. Her chemistry with Saakshi was one of a kind and also the chemistry between Saakshi and Shweta was remarkablee Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top