Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rockstallion thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

- M.K. Gandhi

the above quote stands against the saying "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth"

which simply means for every wrong done to you, take revenge for it...

Today , if we disagree to this saying and agree with Gandiji's quote , it would mean closing your eyes and not seeing the real picture.. or turning your back on reality road....

2007 Earth....From small household fights to office quarrels...from political disputes to religion, races fights..... from country controversies to nation wars...

all the above are examples of eye for an eye...

to agree to Gandijis quote i tried to find an example...i seriously did but couldnt find any...

then concluded its just not practical enough!!!!!

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: raksha.l

Oh did we have a debate between Gandhiji and Shaheed Bhagat Singh???Well, even if I knew, I wouldn't have participated because I am a fan of both...😊

And coming to the quote that you have quoted from wikipedia, I can't thank you enough for that...My respect for Gandhiji has increased even more now...Only a person who believes to the core whatever he is saying, can say such words...That is a man who walks the talk πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ ...

I understand what you mean. But for a second just imagine, that you're a mother and someone is trying to kill your child, and someone says you should not only let them but invite them to do so ( Gandhi: If they do not give you free passage out, you will allow yourselves, man, woman, and child, to be slaughtered...), how will you feel about that piece of advice.

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: UDman

Hey guys... we are supposed to be peacefully debating about a quote and sharing our views about it... not fight! πŸ˜›

Ayyo! No non violence in DM UDman ji!πŸ˜›.Raksha ji is a classy debator who comes once in a bluemoon to DM to bring her regularly we need to irritate her and she will post back with a fitting reply and I like this...😊.I do this type of activites with Wonderful debators like Sareg Bhayya,Maya ji,Gauri ji ,Deepak & Kabhijit,Souro ji ,CB and QWERTY and now to Raksha ji! πŸ˜›

So don't worry DM is Public property πŸ˜‰πŸ˜› as long as we don't attack anyone personally😊

Love,

Myth

UDman thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mythili_Kiran

Ayyo! No non violence in DM UDman ji!πŸ˜›.Raksha ji is a classy debator who comes once in a bluemoon to DM to bring her regularly we need to irritate her and she will post back with a fitting reply and I like this...😊.I do this type of activites with Wonderful debators like Sareg Bhayya,Maya ji,Gauri ji ,Deepak & Kabhijit,Souro ji ,CB and QWERTY and now to Raksha ji! πŸ˜›

So don't worry DM is Public property πŸ˜‰πŸ˜› as long as we don't attack anyone personally😊

Love,

Myth

Okay... just wanted to make sure... I really enjoyed this quote, for it is really powerful, although it is very sad that most people don't follow it... they just want revenge...

In a way, serials show the exact opposite of this quote, for they show bad people coming back for revenge just because something bad happened to  them... on the other hand, in the end, the bad guy is always the loser...

Bubbly_Shelly thumbnail
Finally in all the quotes i've given there's been one where people have debated. 😳
syrene thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank u for the lovely siggy....
bit busy now, lovely QOTW btw...needs a lot of pondering upon ...
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: UDman

Okay... just wanted to make sure... I really enjoyed this quote, for it is really powerful, although it is very sad that most people don't follow it... they just want revenge...

In a way, serials show the exact opposite of this quote, for they show bad people coming back for revenge just because something bad happened to  them... on the other hand, in the end, the bad guy is always the loser...

They also show good people seeking revenge and winning in the end, so what does that prove?? That in films and serials the hero always wins or the one who wins is the hero.

Bubbly_Shelly thumbnail
Thanks for participating everyone, new quote of teh week with the winner will be up soon. 😊
Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: syrene

Thank u for the lovely siggy....
bit busy now, lovely QOTW btw...needs a lot of pondering upon ...

Hey Syrene sorry for not congratulating you earlier..It completely missed my mind that this thread is also to congratulate the winner of the previous quote wala post..

Congratulations Syrene... πŸ‘

Cheers,
Raksha
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: souro

I understand what you mean. But for a second just imagine, that you're a mother and someone is trying to kill your child, and someone says you should not only let them but invite them to do so ( Gandhi: If they do not give you free passage out, you will allow yourselves, man, woman, and child, to be slaughtered...), how will you feel about that piece of advice.

Gandhiji's philosophy is extremelly profound not a coffee time discussion stuff. He had a veri strong point in that quote of his as well...what he said in the above statement would make the attacker shudder. I believe despite its oddness in day to day situation I feel fundamentally the philosophy is pofound and will always work... Dont our soldiers put themselves in harms way just to protect you and I.. and  they arent even related to us...!!! So why would they do such a thing....

and yes congrats Syrene, believe and cutes.

Edited by qwertyesque - 16 years ago