•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

have you guys noticed that old saregama had really stringent standards and in many cases the contestants were given a song to sing on the spot, they either knew how to sing it or not and they had to perform then and there without prior preparation to that song. These days i feel like the competition has become really easy, i was watching some old videos on youtube and they seemed so much more focused on singing. Now it's more about looks and performance as well. I think old saregama rules were much much better it gave a much more true perspective on the contestants' singing.

Originally posted by chocodip

have you guys noticed that old saregama had really stringent standards and in many cases the contestants were given a song to sing on the spot, they either knew how to sing it or not and they had to perform then and there without prior preparation to that song. These days i feel like the competition has become really easy, i was watching some old videos on youtube and they seemed so much more focused on singing. Now it's more about looks and performance as well. I think old saregama rules were much much better it gave a much more true perspective on the contestants' singing.

Thats true but u know, that one had happend, when the final three had selected ..So when this new saregamapa reaches final three, they also do the same thing, the oppsition mentor gives the song and they got sing on the spot.....

oh i see...thats good then but are the contestants given like a list of songs that they'll be asked to sing...so that they have an idea beforehand?
old is always gold- thats why we got people like shreya ghoshal.
the ancient remains a legend darling.
Everything has to change with the times. The organisers need viewership to get more advertising dollars. Apart from this competition the rest of the programmes on "Z" can be missed as some are quite boring. So they should repeat the SRGMP programmes more often and on some days bring the old ones as well.
I belive this is better due to good singer even right now these singers better than sony & starplus shows.