Book Talk

Shakespeare

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 28 July 2007 at 4:02am | IP Logged

Yes, we are talking about the one and only William Shakespeare, the legend in the history of English Litertaure.. He had written many plays now turned into novels also, and poems. Even through many of us cant understand his de das th, we still love dem bec its his language...LOL

What are yours thoughts of Shakespeare? How many of his works have you read? Do you think he deserves to be where he is today and the fact that is claimed to be one of best writers in English Literature? Whats your favourite work of his?Embarrassed

Please share your thoughts...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shakespeare" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

missy6892

Goldie

missy6892

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 28 July 2007 at 4:55am | IP Logged
Ahhhh, what do I say about the countless Shakespeare plays we have studied in English?? Some of them are brilliant but some of the just bore me!!
But when ever we have to act them out, I am always the one who is cracked in the plays LOL ie, Hamlet, Macbeth.

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 28 July 2007 at 6:32am | IP Logged
I feel shakespeare' langauge is what sets him apart.. I have read many of his work, with my favourite being the winter's tale.. It was truly beautifull but sadly its one of his less popular work.. Some of his works have not impressed me much and made me just keep the book down like Othelo, Hamlet etc... Embarrassed And i think he deserves where he is today.. I love the way he writes...

marvelous.malks

IF-Sizzlerz

marvelous.malks

Posted: 29 July 2007 at 3:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cool_pooja

I feel shakespeare' langauge is what sets him apart.. I have read many of his work, with my favourite being the winter's tale.. It was truly beautifull but sadly its one of his less popular work.. Some of his works have not impressed me much and made me just keep the book down like Othelo, Hamlet etc... Embarrassed And i think he deserves where he is today.. I love the way he writes...

I completely agree with you, his style of writing sets him apart. every line in his work appears classic and so deep when u read it! Clap I agree, winters tale was a beautiful peice of work..
I've read his small tales, poetry, and some plays.. he is marvelous! ClapEmbarrassed

diyafah

IF-Rockerz

diyafah

Retro Podcast Team, I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 30 July 2007 at 3:02am | IP Logged
He's the Father of literate and no one can disagree with that!!What's very surprising that at those times our English was so well polished!I mean..itz actually today wht I thought that english has found a new term!Where techincal vocbulary are soaring high!What can we say about him!He rules the literate!My favourite would be Mid Summer's Night dream!it's really an awesome story!I do not really like his tradegy stories :( but the other comedy one's r good,I am looking forward to read more of his stories! Big smile

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 30 July 2007 at 4:23am | IP Logged
^^ I agree.. Even through shakespeare uses no difficult vocablry, his language is impressive... Clap

marvelous.malks

IF-Sizzlerz

marvelous.malks

Posted: 30 July 2007 at 1:14pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by diyafah

He's the Father of literate and no one can disagree with that!!What's very surprising that at those times our English was so well polished!I mean..itz actually today wht I thought that english has found a new term!Where techincal vocbulary are soaring high!What can we say about him!He rules the literate!My favourite would be Mid Summer's Night dream!it's really an awesome story!I do not really like his tradegy stories :( but the other comedy one's r good,I am looking forward to read more of his stories! Big smile

I agree, Mid Summer's Night Dream has to be one of his best stories! Clap I read that one in 7th grade, and it was my first book i read of his, so it look be a while to adapt his style of reading, but it was very good! Smile 

simpleL0VE38

Goldie

simpleL0VE38

Posted: 03 August 2007 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by marvelous.malks

Originally posted by diyafah

I agree, Mid Summer's Night Dream has to be one of his best stories! Clap I read that one in 7th grade, and it was my first book i read of his, so it look be a while to adapt his style of reading, but it was very good! Smile 

yea! i love midsummer night's dream, and twlefth night--our whole class had to act out both the booksDead but it was a nice experienceEmbarrassed..macbeth is just wacko but interesting....and romeo and juliet is amazing!!!LOL

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.