Book Talk

Shopaholic

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

anamh

anamh

Posted: 23 July 2007 at 3:58am | IP Logged
Has any1 read 'Shopaholic' books by Sophie Kinsella........I need to know whehter it's good or not.....plz......Big smile

Edited by anamh - 23 July 2007 at 3:59am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shopaholic" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

anamh

anamh

Posted: 23 July 2007 at 4:20am | IP Logged
Plz reply ASAP...... Smile

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 23 July 2007 at 6:25am | IP Logged
Ok i havnt read it but i found a review for u on the net.. Embarrassed

There are four books in the series so far, which are: Confessions of a Shopaholic/The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic, Shopaholic Abroad/Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, Shopaholic Ties the Knot, and Shopaholic & Sister.

All the books star the incredibly funny, every-woman shop girl Becky Bloomwood, who's one addiction and escape from life is shopping--until life comes back to bite her with debt. The stories are wonderfully written, and each is a new chapter in Becky's life detailing the situations she gets herself into ("What's 90 quid really, in the greater scheme of things?"), and her wonderful scrappy nature that always manages to get her out of it safely.

The books are so great simple because the narrative is so open, the main character is a dream to relate to, the humour is witty and fast-paced, and the plotlines are really imaginative. I highly recommend these books for anyone. They really are the primest example of Chick Lit I've come across. For more information, visit the official website of the author.

-----------------

I started it last night and stayed up till 3 a.m. to finish this book! I really enjoyed this book ~~ it was funny, lighthearted and cute! I laughed out loud in some places and found myself shaking my head in other places.
Rebecca is a girl who overdraws her bank account and maxes out her Visa card. I am not a big shopper (unless you call shopping for books a shopping spree ~~ then I am!) of clothes but it was funny just to hear her describe her clothes like she is posing for Vogue or Cosmo or even 17. Her justification for buying things are hilarious and the scene where she was trying to make curry made me laugh so hard! (I'm a cook and that scene just cracks me up because I've done the same thing she did!) Sophie took a character riddled with anxieties and insecurities and made her so likeable ~~ you can't help but laugh at some of her excuses. She has a vivid imagination which really carries the book through.

I can see why some of the critics didn't care for this book ~~ it does sound like something from a fashion magazine, but Sophie is a good, clean writer. I really enjoyed this book and would like to read more of hers. Her sense of humor is a lot like mine and it is a refreshing read! I recommend it for a light, easy reading and if you're looking for humor, this book has it all.

---------------

Hope it helps.. Embarrassed It looks like a good book to me..

anamh

anamh

Posted: 23 July 2007 at 6:27am | IP Logged
Thanks cool_pooja Big smile

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 23 July 2007 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
Do tell us how u like it! Embarrassed

anamh

anamh

Posted: 23 July 2007 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
I will......thanks again Big smile

~Elated Angel~

~Elated Angel~

Posted: 23 July 2007 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
oh...hi ppl! Tongue ..i've read all of dem actually...my friends say tht its jst a load of trash though...but its the type of book u dont have 2 think much abt when reading......its quite funny ,but nothing too different frm the regular....hope it helps. Smile

damilola

IF-Rockerz

damilola

Posted: 27 July 2007 at 5:39am | IP Logged
i havent read it yet but my friend has and she says it good

dammy

Post Reply New Post

Go to top