Article:sindoor dubbed in China

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

anishma24

IF-Sizzlerz

anishma24

Posted: 22 July 2007 at 3:09pm | IP Logged

Red alert in China

Zee TV's Sindoor will be dubbed in Chinese. Gurdeep and Tanvi Azmi went to China to promote the serial

Back to Section Stories Posted On Monday, July 23, 2007
mumbai news
Mail this Article Mail this Article Print this Article Print this Article Search Search
View Comments View Comments Rate this Article Rate this Article Comments Comments
mumbai news

Kavita Shyam

Gurdeep Kohli
Zee TV's popular daily Sindoor - Tere naam ka went off air about two-and-a-half months back. But it caught the fancy of our Chini Bhais. The show will  now be seen and heard by the Chinese viewers as well. This will be the first Indian show to be dubbed in Chinese and shown in China.

Sindoor was the story of Vedika (played by Gurdeep Kohli) who had the phobia of the traditional symbol of sindoor, besides, it also dealt with her marriage to a sane man.

The actors have already got the required popularity during their recent trip to Changsha (China). Gurdeep Kohli and Tanvi Azmi travelled to China recently for three days to promote their show in a big way. The actors got an opportunity to meet Chinese actors and have online chat with the viewers there.

Tanvi, who played Vedika's mother-in-law Kavita Raizada in Sindoor for one and a half years, says excitedly, "We were told that our show Sindoor will be dubbed in Chinese. This is the first time that Indian actors have been invited to China to promote their show. So Gurdeep and I went there for the promotion. We had web chats, live stage interaction with the audiences and met the Chinese actors.  I had a great time interacting with the audiences there. The Chinese people were kicked about the entire show and this will be quite a break through. We were taken aback with the kind of excitement the show created. We were wondering if the Chinese would be remotely interested in our shows."

Tanvi Azmi
Adds Tanvi, "While walking the streets of China a few Chinese girls were running behind me for autographs and they were click pictures. People are really watching the promos out there and our posters were plastered all over Changsha. It was amazing to see that they identify with our emotions and I'm sure they will be comfortable understanding the family dramas. Sindoor was different from the regular soaps on television and it was very realistic. The mother-son relationship and the family oriented premise appealed to the viewers. It did not sensationalise the saas bahu drama. Besides Zee is now reaching out to the Chinese people. I am really excited about the show gaining popularity with the International audiences."

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

wendyf.shivani003lazy_mariyumjigglypuff726

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Article:sindoor dubbed in China" in Sindoor Tere Naam Ka forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aisha_95

Goldie

aisha_95

Posted: 22 July 2007 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
wow! Tongue Great! Embarrassed .. thanks for sharing.. Clap

Rinkalp90

IF-Rockerz

Rinkalp90

Posted: 23 July 2007 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
wow amazing..

thanksss

Sannu_726

IF-Rockerz

Sannu_726

Posted: 24 July 2007 at 6:20am | IP Logged
wow thats good..
nice article..
tfs

Yasmeen786

IF-Dazzler

Yasmeen786

Posted: 31 July 2007 at 3:28pm | IP Logged
wow dats so cool! Tongue
thanxs Tongue

jigglypuff726

IF-Sizzlerz

jigglypuff726

Posted: 20 August 2007 at 1:43am | IP Logged

wow! is that cool or what? i think it's really amazing that a hindi show has got so much of recognition in a country like china.ClapClap all the best to sindoor, may it do well in china & i hope to see more hindi soaps dubbed for the chinese audience.Tongue

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 22 August 2007 at 4:18pm | IP Logged
wow...that's great!

cheri

IF-Rockerz

cheri

Posted: 24 August 2007 at 7:05am | IP Logged
Kasia ye pyar hai should be dubbed wonder how chinese ppl say 'kaisa ye pyar hai' LOL LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top