jammy thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Hi,

I watched the movie today 1st day 2nd show.

First a warning. If you are watching this movie then please dont compare it with lagaan. Because it is not lagaan. watch it with fresh mind and I am sure you will enjoy it. Lagaan is a legend as a movie which cannot be repeated.

Ok Now lets come back to Swades.

It's the story of Our Own Mohan bhargav who works in Nasa. He is very much attached to one Kaveriamma, who took good care of him after his parents died. But to pursue a career and because he was very young he had to leave her in india and she moved to vridha ashram. He comes back to india to get her back with him and take her ti USA. On the travel he meets the sweet and very intelligent girl geeta. Who is a teacher of village school. She knows that the government isnt doing much but still she doesnt wants to give up doing stuff from the grass root level. Kaveriamma has since then move to a village and is living with this geeta. 

He goes to the village and sees how the village people are used to give up. They are used to finger pointing at each other for thier problems. But never see the three fingers pointing at themselves. He makes them realise that, he makes them see that they can do stuff for themselves.

There are the funny moments of the movie which I dont want to spoil but dont miss the one where melaram brings the 'Brreakkphast' for Mohan. 'Gatt-it?'

Also there are a few heart wrenching moment's when you realise why farmers of india dont mind giving-up thier life rather than watch thier family suffer and die from hunger.

And lastly there are a few heart warming moments between the lead couple. The actress who plays geeta is simply cute and I really liked her eyes!! They say a million things yet she remains quiet.

The story is diffrent than your conventional love story. But its not a legend like lagaan. It is the story of how Mohan Bhargav changes when he comes face to face with the reality of our country and how he decides to walk the path which he is suggesting others to do i.e Be the first one to do something rather then complain and blame others.

The Background score is decent. Songs to watch out for is the carvaan song that comes in trailer and then ' Yeh taraa Woh taraa' That is very nicely picturised. Rest are ok. 

Its a Simple, Sweet & Decent movie. I would suggest it is worth one watch .  Also those who are not intresed to see the problems of india. the cinematography, the scenery shown & The look inside Nasa is I guess worth it to give the movie a one time dekho.

I would give it a 3 star out of 5.

Jammy.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Thanks Jammy. I was really looking forward to read a review and you got it...It sounds a simple yet a nice story that is lacking in many of the movies these days.

mango thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
who is geeta preity zinta? or rani?
anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Manjot

who is geeta preity zinta? or rani?

She is a new actress and her name is Gayathri patel or something. She looks pretty...very beautiful and has very good features.

-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: smisha

She is a new actress and her name is Gayathri patel or something. She looks pretty...very beautiful and has very good features.

THE ACTRESS'S NAME IS GAYATRI JOSHI NOT PATEL
nishi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

hey guys I heard it is a real life story of some scientist ,but do not know who ?Any guesses ?

ugababe thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Hey guys i wanna see this movie, but can't decide between this or Veer Zaara. HELP!!!
*Anjali* thumbnail
i haven't seen either, but I heard Veer Zaara is really really good. Plus it also has Preity and Rani.  You could always see both movies 😉  btw, welcome to the forum ugababe!
Samona thumbnail
veer zaara and swades are both awesome! go watch both of them 😊
ugababe thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks guys!! I really wanna see both, but i have to see if i have enough time before UNI. thanks again. I love all the songs to Swades, so maybe that one.