Book Talk
Book Talk

India-Forums

Debate Contest of Book Talk (Page 4)

jasunap IF-Sizzlerz
jasunap
jasunap

Posted: 13 August 2007 at 6:13am | IP Logged
how many people are you looking for in each team??? what are the rules...etc???
cool_pooja IF-Sizzlerz
cool_pooja
cool_pooja

Posted: 13 August 2007 at 6:25am | IP Logged
There are going to be 4 participants in each team. At one time two teams will debate against each other for their respective authors and would try to outdo each other. The judges would award each member points out of 10 so dat would make it 40 points.. And then 10 points would be given to the overall teams. So basically the marking for each team will be out of 50.

For example if it is JK Rowling against Dan Brown, and Meg Cabot against Sidney sheldon, and JK rowling wins against Dan Brown and Meg against Sheldon, so then Jk Rowling and Meg's team will fight for the author of the year competetion.

Other rules will be explained at the time of the first debate and would be pmed to every participant. Any other confusions, please feel free to ask.

Dan Browna and Jk Rowling's team is full. So now no more volunteers would be accepted for either of them. Please volunteer for Meg Cabot and Sidney Sheldon.
jasunap IF-Sizzlerz
jasunap
jasunap

Posted: 13 August 2007 at 7:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cool_pooja

There are going to be 4 participants in each team. At one time two teams will debate against each other for their respective authors and would try to outdo each other. The judges would award each member points out of 10 so dat would make it 40 points.. And then 10 points would be given to the overall teams. So basically the marking for each team will be out of 50.

For example if it is JK Rowling against Dan Brown, and Meg Cabot against Sidney sheldon, and JK rowling wins against Dan Brown and Meg against Sheldon, so then Jk Rowling and Meg's team will fight for the author of the year competetion.

Other rules will be explained at the time of the first debate and would be pmed to every participant. Any other confusions, please feel free to ask.

Dan Browna and Jk Rowling's team is full. So now no more volunteers would be accepted for either of them. Please volunteer for Meg Cabot and Sidney Sheldon.

thank you...shall wait
diyafah IF-Rockerz
diyafah
diyafah

Retro Podcast Team, I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 14 August 2007 at 10:43am | IP Logged
Pooja may I knoe when will the debate contest begin?and put it as a GD's GA and set a time for it! Big smile
shriyaroxxx IF-Dazzler
shriyaroxxx
shriyaroxxx

Posted: 15 August 2007 at 4:49am | IP Logged
oh... i know im late... but can i still sign up?
if i can, i'm in for sidney sheldon Smile
madsoul0226 Senior Member
madsoul0226
madsoul0226

Posted: 15 August 2007 at 7:13am | IP Logged
yes yes yes,
now we need three more bakras and we can get this awesume debate going
Big smile
IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 15 August 2007 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Nice topic!
Hope the debate starts asap Smile
cool_pooja IF-Sizzlerz
cool_pooja
cool_pooja

Posted: 15 August 2007 at 9:41am | IP Logged
@ Anu: We already have putted it once in GD GA and it was dere for more den the week.. However i think we shud put it again if we dont get enough volunteers

The debate contest will began on saturday between JK Rowling and Dan Brown's team. All the participants of all the teams, please read the guidelines for the debate contest posted. Smile

@ Sriya u can defintly sign up! Big smile

@ Mythli_Kiran You have to sign up also di! Embarrassed

Go to top