CID SB going to be a daily

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 09 August 2005 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
CID Special Bureau daily from Aug 22

The biweekly CID Special Bureau goes daily from August 22. It is slated to have Kashmira Shah and Sachin Sharma (Krishna of Kahaani Ghar Kii) to begin the daily series.

"At the moment, our story unfolds on Monday and is completed on Tuesday. Going daily will involve more drama as we will have a run from Monday to Thursday to solve the crime mystery," informs Yash Patnaik, supervising producer, Fireworks Productions, who created the show.

CID-Special Bureau replaces Rihhaee on Wednesday and Thursday, which goes off the air.

********************************************************** *************************************

Bollywood baddie Sadashiv Amrapurkar, who is barely seen in Hindi films nowadays, makes an entry onto the small screen with CID.

This Sony crime drama has him essay the role of an intriguing character called Subbu that will crossover to the Sony's other detective show, CID-Special Bureau.

Mime time

"What's unique about Subbu is his vocal chords. He can mimic the voice of anyone, leading to disastrous and often hilarious results," says Amrapurkar who began shooting for the serial over the weekend.

"Subbu can dial anyone and say that he is Sonia Gandhi or Manmohan Singh or Vilasrao Deshmukh or any movie star. His phone calls leave a trail of victims. They behave the way Subbu wants them to as they do not doubt the caller's identity at all," adds the character actor.

TV is fast paced: Amrapurkar

Incidentally, Amrapurkar features on television after almost two decades. He featured as Lokmanya Tilak in Shyam Bengal's series Bharat Ek Khoj that aired on Doordarshan in the 1980s. Earlier, he was also seen in another Doordarshan show called Rashtriya Samaj.

"All this was ages ago, so in that sense I am making a beginning anew on television. Everything moves so fast in this world. Television is hectic and we have to say lots of dialogues at one go. In films, the pace is much slower and there are no deadlines to be met," says Amrapurkar.

The wonder villain

According to Yash Patnaik, supervising producer, Fireworks Production, producers of CID, "Sadashiv Amrapurkar makes an entry into CID in the August 12 episode.

He will step into the Special Bureau episodes of August 15 and 16 and will be back in CID in the August 19 show. Viewers will see the actor in a unique role adding to the mystery element in the drama."

The Friday night show of CID has Shivaji Satam play the character of top cop Pradyuman who leads a team to crack the toughest of cases. The entry of Amrapurkar as Subbu provides Pradyuman and his crack force a tough, new assignment.

Amrapurkar, who was last seen on the big screen in Tarzan The Wonder Car, says "I have done negative roles for more than 25 years, now I am selective and keep myself busy with Marathi theatre."

He features in Chandrakant Kulkarni's Marathi play Jai Tajha Vithobha as well as in two Hindi films.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "CID SB going to be a daily" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 09 August 2005 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
Now Ajatshatru 4 times a week Wink Wink Wink

Anastacia

IF-Veteran Member

Anastacia

Posted: 09 August 2005 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the article Big smile

OodlesDoodles

IF-Veteran Member

OodlesDoodles

Posted: 09 August 2005 at 6:44pm | IP Logged
Hey anju I know u are so excited. I am glad that Sachin is doing it as I like him.

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 10 August 2005 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by fortvpur

Hey anju I know u are so excited. I am glad that Sachin is doing it as I like him.

which sachin? is he replacing someone?

kitu

Goldie

kitu

Posted: 11 August 2005 at 2:51am | IP Logged
HEY! ITS TOOO COOL

OodlesDoodles

IF-Veteran Member

OodlesDoodles

Posted: 11 August 2005 at 6:33am | IP Logged
Not sure who he will be replacing as there was an interview where he said he will be joining. If he is replacing it would be someone who is on someother show and cannot do a daily. but I think he may be just be another officer.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top