Debate Mansion

have we lost respect for the old (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 July 2007 at 11:36am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "have we lost respect for the old (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Lovers Ka Love

IF-Rockerz

Lovers Ka Love

Posted: 20 July 2007 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
We still have respect ... but this respect is named as Self-respect... and nOw-a-dayz, peOple prefer self respect in frOnt Of everything... they even lOst their identity toO... Confused

Morning_Dew

Goldie

Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 20 July 2007 at 2:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sangeetarangdal

http://www.hindustantimes.com/storypage/storypage.aspx?id=b7 786bfb-0a75-4aef-9042-a369e3a4e81f&MatchID1=4500&Tea mID1=2&TeamID2=6&MatchType1=1&SeriesID1=1122& ; ;PrimaryID=4500&Headline=Family+throws+granny+on+garbage +heap

Family throws granny on garbage heap

A weak, ill, 75-year-old woman was found lying on a heap of rotting garbage in Erode, Tamil Nadu, on Sunday morning. She told her rescuers she had been thrown there by her daughter and grandsons who wanted to get rid of her.

A local couple, Periaswamy and Mohanasundari, found the semi-paralyzed Chinnammal Palaniappan. She told them she had been living with the family of the youngest of her three daughters, who would quarrel incessantly over who should take care of their infirm mother. On Saturday night, Sarasa, the daughter, allegedly told her two sons to take their grandmother to a spot from where she could never return. The boys bundled Chinnammal into an autorickshaw and threw her on the dump.

"She never complained about her family's behaviour, only rued the fact that she couldn't move without help," Mohanasundari said. The couple took Chinnammal to the office of Jayabharath, a social organization, who on Wednesday informed the government.

Social Welfare Minister Dr Poongothai expressed outrage. "I have asked the collector to take adequate care of the old lady, and take legal action against the children," she said. But the family hasn't been traced. "The lady can't tell us the address," KM Murgesan of Jayabharath said

is this how we treat our elders.. its India..the only place wher elders are like gods..where they are respected rather were respected...

wher are our sanskars?even at list they should have put her in a home but No they had to throw her out like trash..

How could they do that to their motherAngry

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 20 July 2007 at 5:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sangeetarangdal

http://www.hindustantimes.com/storypage/storypage.aspx?id=b7 786bfb-0a75-4aef-9042-a369e3a4e81f&MatchID1=4500&Tea mID1=2&TeamID2=6&MatchType1=1&SeriesID1=1122& ; ; ;PrimaryID=4500&Headline=Family+throws+granny+on+garbage +heap

Family throws granny on garbage heap

A weak, ill, 75-year-old woman was found lying on a heap of rotting garbage in Erode, Tamil Nadu, on Sunday morning. She told her rescuers she had been thrown there by her daughter and grandsons who wanted to get rid of her.

A local couple, Periaswamy and Mohanasundari, found the semi-paralyzed Chinnammal Palaniappan. She told them she had been living with the family of the youngest of her three daughters, who would quarrel incessantly over who should take care of their infirm mother. On Saturday night, Sarasa, the daughter, allegedly told her two sons to take their grandmother to a spot from where she could never return. The boys bundled Chinnammal into an autorickshaw and threw her on the dump.

"She never complained about her family's behaviour, only rued the fact that she couldn't move without help," Mohanasundari said. The couple took Chinnammal to the office of Jayabharath, a social organization, who on Wednesday informed the government.

Social Welfare Minister Dr Poongothai expressed outrage. "I have asked the collector to take adequate care of the old lady, and take legal action against the children," she said. But the family hasn't been traced. "The lady can't tell us the address," KM Murgesan of Jayabharath said

is this how we treat our elders.. its India..the only place wher elders are like gods..where they are respected rather were respected...

wher are our sanskars?even at list they should have put her in a home but No they had to throw her out like trash..

I wont generalize like you did about the respect for elders.. This is so skewed an incident I think it should be treated some kind of criminal offence and forgotten you cant draw conclusions based on this.. Most heinous crimes or incidences happen in most extreme circumstances...

Edited by qwertyesque - 20 July 2007 at 5:07pm

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 20 July 2007 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

I wont generalize like you did about the respect for elders.. This is so skewed an incident I think it should be treated some kind of criminal offence and forgotten you cant draw conclusions based on this.. Most heinous crimes or incidences happen in most extreme circumstances...

quite sadly, in india too.. what say qwerts?

Bhaskar.T

IF-Sizzlerz

Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 20 July 2007 at 5:35pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Please lets keep this India and Non-India part away from the discusion.Smile

Infact what we can generalise is such acts happen everywhere. And it should not be forgotten Qwerty. It should be treated as a criminal offence as you said and showed as an example to others so that they may think twice before doing the same. Don't think if even that will stop the problem 100% but some may atleast think wice before doing such an act.

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 20 July 2007 at 5:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Thakur Saab

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Please lets keep this India and Non-India part away from the discusion.Smile

Infact what we can generalise is such acts happen everywhere. And it should not be forgotten Qwerty. It should be treated as a criminal offence as you said and showed as an example to others so that they may think twice before doing the same. Don't think if even that will stop the problem 100% but some may atleast think wice before doing such an act.

i am seriously sad Bhaskar.  this never happened around me when i was growing up.  Dead wasn't tryng to make it india / non-india. so apologies but explaining misinterpretation anyway .. hope it clears.

Morning_Dew

Goldie

Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 20 July 2007 at 8:33pm | IP Logged

well said ..... yes there should be a criminal charge against them Angry

Post Reply New Post

Go to top