Debate Mansion

Do Indian Movies Create Complex (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 19 July 2007 at 4:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cool_pooja

@ Mango.. Exactly my point.. Just bec the middle class girls are soo preety and all the rich duds fall in love wid dem at first seight.. And dey also turn to love dem!! LOL I mean widout knowin each other..Doesnt nature matter? Do only looks count.. Embarrassed

and usually the songs also revolve around beauty, neeli neeli aankhein, sometimes kaali kaali aankhein, gore gore gaal, hirni wali chaal, kya aada kya jalwe tere paro and what not? Dead Dead Dead give me a break!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do Indian Movies Create Complex (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 19 July 2007 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
^^^Hahaha.. LOL Seriously.. The guys want to spend their lives wid dose girls and all they can think abt is beauty.. Embarrassed I mean the beauty will go away na..

mango

IF-Veteran Member

mango

Posted: 19 July 2007 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
hehe...you know what...me just read an essay on this two-three days back...
it was a comparative essay...
about these two protagonists...who falls in love with these girls only because they are pretty (two diff books)...and they are like their beauty is good enough for them..to get married..and all...and later they realize they are off-track and yell at the ladies for that...so you see it doesn't always work out...

hmm..maybe someone should make a movie on that...or maybe i will someday! Tongue

season915

Goldie

season915

Posted: 19 July 2007 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
It's not about what guys think about the girls but about the girls themselves and how they develop a complex.
And I think they do form a complex... Even when I was in school, we could always see that the not-looking-too-good girls always hanged together and the preps hung out separately. I most definitely think that girls who don't have great looks suffer in the long run unless they have oodles of confidence about themselves. I personally feel that this kind of discrimination should be done away with and girls should be more confident about themselves and should know that there are more beautiful things in life other than outer beauty.

Edited by rutumodi915 - 19 July 2007 at 4:43pm

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 19 July 2007 at 5:00pm | IP Logged
I agree dat the average looking girls have to be more confidence and stand up for themselves and realize dat dey are preety from inside also, however its easier said den done. And 2ndly, these movies, they encourage that girls who are preety will be liked more. Dats wat i think is wrong. Smile

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 19 July 2007 at 5:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rutumodi915

I most definitely think that girls who don't have great looks suffer in the long run unless they have oodles of confidence about themselves. I personally feel that this kind of discrimination should be done away with and girls should be more confident about themselves and should know that there are more beautiful things in life other than outer beauty.

how do they suffer in long run? apart from beauty contest? i think even in beauty contest, they dont suffer since they look at other aspects too.

season915

Goldie

season915

Posted: 19 July 2007 at 5:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raunaq

Originally posted by rutumodi915

I most definitely think that girls who don't have great looks suffer in the long run unless they have oodles of confidence about themselves. I personally feel that this kind of discrimination should be done away with and girls should be more confident about themselves and should know that there are more beautiful things in life other than outer beauty.

how do they suffer in long run? apart from beauty contest? i think even in beauty contest, they dont suffer since they look at other aspects too.

Because certain girls feel that they are incapable of various things. Ever since they were young, they were kinda singled out because they were not looking oh-so-pretty. Not all girls are like that, but there are some who develop a complex about themselves because of not looking pretty. Maybe, it is not due to the movies but I do think that some girls consider this aspect very important and allow it to ruin their lives...

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 19 July 2007 at 9:22pm | IP Logged
dunno about what happens to dumb n' pretty ones..

The smart and witty pretty ones realize the difference between love and lust-at-first sight and

1. they steer clear of goofballs falling for them
2. they use handsome guys falling for them
3. they pick the smart and the handsome and see where the friendship goes..

average-looking women should never feel bad.
1. beauty is in the eyes of beholder. there are guys who dont find even madhuri dixit attractive Ouch
2. some simplest average looking gals bag hunks - eg. Denzel Washington

3. who takes masala hindi movies seriously? most are so flaky to begin with!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top