Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raunaq thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: tisha_g

I am all against ragging if it involves obscenities or physical abuse.

i second that. infact when you just mentioned about the boys being beaten up in hostel, it had my heart out thats not how ragging supposed to be done.

@ mittijalebi - i agree with you on different personalities having different approach. some people dont like to be picked on. its just their temperament.

btw tania how do you lay eggs? 😕 i am glad i was not in your common room 😆 😆 😆
mkzara thumbnail

I am totally against ragging. It almost always gets out of hand because the seniors cannot figure out what the limits of the freshies are and that leads to a disgusting amount of pressure on the freshman which causes them to take drastic measures.

In America the inititaions into frats can be compared to ragging. In these initiations those who want to be part of the fraternity are "encouraged" to consume so much alcohol that many of them end up in hospitals with alcohol poisoning. There was a case a while back when the senior members fired BB guns at the new comers and made them sit in their own urine for hours. Thats simply not acceptable, ever. It probably started out in fun.

And mittijalebi i agree with you about other people's limits and ragging only on those willing to participate. Tisha if it had been me someone had told to do anything with an egg, i wud have laughed in their face and been like, "yeah and u r?" People have their own limits I dont take part in ragging on the poor little kids and i dont allow people to rag on me. People tend to have different limits and that shud be respected and no one should be subjected to dealing with what others consider fun and games but is a big deal for them.

Edited by mkzara - 16 years ago
mittijalebi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mkzara

I am totally against ragging. It almost always gets out of hand because the seniors cannot figure out what the limits of the freshies are and that leads to a disgusting amount of pressure on the freshman which causes them to take drastic measures.

In America the inititaions into frats can be compared to ragging. In these initiations those who want to be part of the fraternity are "encouraged" to consume so much alcohol that many of them end up in hospitals with alcohol poisoning. There was a case a while back when the senior members fired BB guns at the new comers and made them sit in their own urine for hours. Thats simply not acceptable, ever. It probably started out in fun.

And mittijalebi i agree with you about other people's limits and ragging only on those willing to participate. Tisha if it had been me someone had told to do anything with an egg, i wud have laughed in their face and been like, "yeah and u r?" People have their own limits I dont take part in ragging on the poor little kids and i dont allow people to rag on me. People tend to have different limits and that shud be respected and no one should be subjected to dealing with what others consider fun and games but is a big deal for them.

very true.  we are all different individuals and have our own set limits.