Debate Mansion

Ban on Ragging in Delhi University (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

mittijalebi

IF-Rockerz

mittijalebi

Posted: 19 July 2007 at 3:19pm | IP Logged
well, maybe some ppl don't like to be picked on ppl that they don't know.....doesnt matter whether its all in fun or not. every individual is different and i think all the seniors should respect that.

rag (within limits) those who are willing to be ragged. but the ones (such as the omelette one) shouldnt have been picked on in the first place if she wasnt a willing participant.

something that may not seem to be a big deal to us might be to someone else. who knows, maybe they were bullied as kids and this brought up some bad memories.

raunaq wants to be ragged. LOL   kya IF par bhi ragging banned hai ya nahin? Embarrassed   but wait...i'm the freshy here and your the senior........hows this gonna work. Confused

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ban on Ragging in Delhi University (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 19 July 2007 at 3:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mittijalebi

raunaq wants to be ragged. LOL   kya IF par bhi ragging banned hai ya nahin? Embarrassed   but wait...i'm the freshy here and your the senior........hows this gonna work. Confused

no real mein ragging acha hota hoga Tongue i am not against those senior and freshman mingling but its kind of ok and having activities, aisa lagta hai wapas day care mein chale gaye hain Cry Cry Cry

Edited by raunaq - 19 July 2007 at 3:26pm

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 19 July 2007 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tisha_g

I am all against ragging if it involves obscenities or physical abuse.

i second that. infact when you just mentioned about the boys being beaten up in hostel, it had my heart out Ouch thats not how ragging supposed to be done.

@ mittijalebi - i agree with you on different personalities having different approach. some people dont like to be picked on. its just their temperament.

btw tania how do you lay eggs? Confused i am glad i was not in your common room LOL LOL LOL

mkzara

Goldie

mkzara

Posted: 19 July 2007 at 10:52pm | IP Logged

I am totally against ragging. It almost always gets out of hand because the seniors cannot figure out what the limits of the freshies are and that leads to a disgusting amount of pressure on the freshman which causes them to take drastic measures.

In America the inititaions into frats can be compared to ragging. In these initiations those who want to be part of the fraternity are "encouraged" to consume so much alcohol that many of them end up in hospitals with alcohol poisoning. There was a case a while back when the senior members fired BB guns at the new comers and made them sit in their own urine for hours. Thats simply not acceptable, ever. It probably started out in fun.

And mittijalebi i agree with you about other people's limits and ragging only on those willing to participate. Tisha if it had been me someone had told to do anything with an egg, i wud have laughed in their face and been like, "yeah and u r?" People have their own limits I dont take part in ragging on the poor little kids and i dont allow people to rag on me. People tend to have different limits and that shud be respected and no one should be subjected to dealing with what others consider fun and games but is a big deal for them.

Edited by mkzara - 19 July 2007 at 10:53pm

mittijalebi

IF-Rockerz

mittijalebi

Posted: 19 July 2007 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mkzara

I am totally against ragging. It almost always gets out of hand because the seniors cannot figure out what the limits of the freshies are and that leads to a disgusting amount of pressure on the freshman which causes them to take drastic measures.

In America the inititaions into frats can be compared to ragging. In these initiations those who want to be part of the fraternity are "encouraged" to consume so much alcohol that many of them end up in hospitals with alcohol poisoning. There was a case a while back when the senior members fired BB guns at the new comers and made them sit in their own urine for hours. Thats simply not acceptable, ever. It probably started out in fun.

And mittijalebi i agree with you about other people's limits and ragging only on those willing to participate. Tisha if it had been me someone had told to do anything with an egg, i wud have laughed in their face and been like, "yeah and u r?" People have their own limits I dont take part in ragging on the poor little kids and i dont allow people to rag on me. People tend to have different limits and that shud be respected and no one should be subjected to dealing with what others consider fun and games but is a big deal for them.

very true.  we are all different individuals and have our own set limits.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top