''Happy Junk Food Day Everyone''

Posted: 16 years ago

Hello  Dear Friends

Happy  Junk Food  Day

How many of us  enjoy pakode, pani puri,  dahi bhale,  samose, barfi. pede. ladoo, bhel puri, Burger, fries, fried chicken, Pizza,cakes, chips, pretezels, icecream. cookies soft drinks instead of  chapati cooked and fresh  vegetables, daal, milk juice and fruits?

The answer will be many of us will prefer the food and drinks listed in red which is called junk food.

What is  the Junk Food?

Junk food is a term describing food that is perceived to be unhealthy or having poor nutritional value,  Fast foods are also considered junk foods. They  add   little or no nutrients to the diet, instead  they provide excess calories and fat. Fast food can be very convinient  but not proper source of  nutrition.  Researchers found that eating fast food meals more than twice a week was associated with double the risk of abnormal glucose  metabolism.  They  cause a great gain in weight and may cause many heart diseases.  Fast foods uses  solid shortening to  fry  so you are getting trans fatty acids, which  increases cholesterol.

Soft drinks, contain a large number of calories, have little nutritional benefit and are known as "empty calories".  A consumption of a large number of soft drinks  increase acid levels throughout the body.  All soft drinks are very acidic, but dark colas such as Coke and Pepsi are much more acidic. A very serious effect  is the correlation between soft drink consumption and the increased risk of bone fractures and osteoporosis. Soft drinks are the most consumed caffeine-containing beverage in America.  Caffeine is a drug that acts as a stimulant to the central nervous system. Large amounts of caffeine consumption can cause diseases and disorders such as insomnia, nervousness, anxiety, irritability, and deviations from the normal heart rate.

.  people need to reduce the number of junk food meals and products to help avoid the epidemic of obesity , disease, and diabetes. 

What makes most of us so attracted or hooked to this so called comfort or junk food?

First of all, these foods taste so good that they are hard to resist, 2ndly many of them are preapckaged and we do not have to work to cook them all we have to do is  open the fridge or open the  pantry or dial the phone to get it delivered. Eventaully our taste buds gets so much used to them  that we cannot resist them.

The only way to avoid junk food is self control. Do not shop for food when you are hungry and do not keep junk food in  your pantry  or freeze and substitute these food with fresh fruits vegetables, smoothies and  whole grain breads.

Guess what!! I just preach here. Please don't ask  me to practice or I shall die. Let me tell you a secret. I am the biggest junk food lover ever.😊

Aur ye self control kis chidiya ka naam hai  bhai aur kahan milta hai?😆😆

Now the Fun part Questions

1. Do you like junk food?

2. Is junk food bad for you? why?

3. Knowing the facts about junk food can you stay away from it?

4. How long can you survive without junk food?

5. If there is  huge buffet line of your favorite items like samose,pakode, bhelpuri. panipuri and sweets, pizza while other line with hardly any ppl  where only fresh fruits and vegetables are served where will you go first and how long will you wait to get them?

6. Suppose your doctor has put you on restricted diet with low calories would you skip meals to get your hands on junk food?

Edited by ramas - 16 years ago
lovely thread and gr8 topic di! 😃😳
i LOVE Junk Food!😛
Happy Junk Food Day, Everyone!!
Edited by .:Ashi:. - 16 years ago
nice day
happy junk food day everyone

i love junk food
i cant stay away without eatin it
Happy Junk food Day! i didn't even know there was such day! Great pos tas usual Raksha!! 👏

WelAddSmileyIcon('😆')
😆l i love Junk Food, but i know it's not good to have to much of that, so yeah i try to avoid as much as possible, but there are days u really can't resist 😆
😆 😆

And Ice cream is Junk?? well i can't live without ice cream 😉

LOve,
Gracella
Happy Junk Food Day Everyone🤗
hey raksha lovely thread jaanu love ur ideas a lot happy junk fuuuuuud day to all junk fud lovers cheers

1. Do you like junk food?
me not a junkie at all

2. Is junk food bad for you? why?
ofcourse its bad d immune system of our body will definately get ruined with regular use of junkers

3. Knowing the facts about junk food can you stay away from it?
ofcourse i can

4. How long can you survive without junk food?
all my life

5. If there is huge buffet line of your favorite items like samose,pakode, bhelpuri. panipuri and sweets, pizza while other line with hardly any ppl where only fresh fruits and vegetables are served where will you go first and how long will you wait to get them?
tho i am not a true junkie that doesnt mean i will have fresh healthy food in a buffet line or in d party hehehe i will stand in d big line with all of u

6. Suppose your doctor has put you on restricted diet with low calories would you skip meals to get your hands on junk food?
no dat i wont do for sure

hope u all have a great junk fud day 👏

Wow happy junk food day!
Will answer the questions later on...😳

Gr8 thread Rakshadi 👏 Junk food is my fav.
Happy Junk food Day everyone 😃

1. Do you like junk food? Yup! 😳 

2. Is junk food bad for you? why? Yeah its bad if you have too much of it coz its greasy 😆

3. Knowing the facts about junk food can you stay away from it?  Nahh 😳

4. How long can you survive without junk food? Dunoooo coz its around me all da time 😆

5. If there is  huge buffet line of your favorite items like samose,pakode, bhelpuri. panipuri and sweets, pizza while other line with hardly any ppl  where only fresh fruits and vegetables are served where will you go first and how long will you wait to get them? go to the line where there is bhel and stuff 😆 

6. Suppose your doctor has put you on restricted diet with low calories would you skip meals to get your hands on junk food?  No

Gr8 Post Raksha Di, I love Junk Food.

Happy Junk Food Day IF 😃