*~Ruhee~*
eijaz-anita thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
hey..its a luvly ff..but pllzzz continue soon
Shirley thumbnail

Strange Attractions of Love

Chapter 7

Anjali threw her pen down on the table, as her head fell in her hands. She sniffed, as she reluctantly let the tears fall. A-Levels. They were bound to be hard, but this hard...She sniffed again and wiped away her tears. She could not fall weak like this. It may sound stupid, but she idolised those women on Star Plus. The way they challenged family and society to stand up for the truth. That was how she wanted to fight. And she decided - that no stupid hard A-Levels were going to stop her. She picked up her pen and read through the question carefully. Whispering each word slowly, so it would be embedded into her mind gently. Her hand worked away, as it wrote and wrote and wrote. She brushed her hand through her hair, as it fell in front of her, like a waterfall.

Some time later, not long, Anjali had completed her work. She smiled happily as she tucked her homework back into her folder and turned around to go downstairs. However, she saw her mother standing in the doorway with the phone in her hand. "Ma, is everything alright?" she asked her. Her mother looked down and then back up again. "It was your Uncle Ajay," she whispered. Anjali's heart galloped with anger as she heard that name. Nevertheless, she hid her anger and frustration. "What did they want?" she asked, slowly but inside, seething with anger. "They are coming to visit us all," her mother simply replied and left the room like that. Anjali slowly retreated back to her table and sat down in the chair. She held her head in her hands for as long as possible. Oh great, she thought, Uncle Ajay and his family are coming over....

"Oh great!" shouted Kavya, with annoyance evident in his voice. Nitya turned around and faced her son. "Kavya, please. They are our family friends and you will not let us down in front of them," his mother said firmly. Kavya cupped his chin with his thumb and fingers and pretended to think for a while. "Hmm, no, not in front of them but behind them," he said sarcastically, managing to wear a smirk as well. Nitya playfully shook her head and smiled. "Kavya, tum kabhi bhi nahin badhloge," she said. Kavya smiled, as he satred at his mother. "Hum to bhai jaise hai...waise rahenge," he mockingly sang, knowing that the song did describe him.

"Come downstairs for a while," his mother asked. "You go on, I'm coming," he replied, as his mother agreed and went on ahead downstairs. Kavya sighed and rested on his bed. He let his head sink into the pillows and his arm sat on his head. Truly, he did. He felt guilty for how he behaved with that girl before. He wanted to make it upto her, but obviously, she would consider it as flirting. How. How was he supposed to it? How can I do it? He blinked as a strange thought creeped into his head. He scoffed. Whatever, he thought. Love? With her? Nah, no chance. Kavya got up from the bed and followed the stairs downstairs, unaware that the "creepy thought" stayed in his mind, in his heart, in his soul...

The moon shone high in the sky, as the misty clouds flew past in haste. Slight tapping of the keyboard were heard, as Bhoomi sat on her table, working away on her laptop. She had just e-mailed her parents to explain that she had settled in just fine and things were going great. She sighed, as she turned off her laptop and packed it away. That was a common trait in her. Always organised and taking care of things. After packing her laptop away, she walked towards her wardrobe to sort out clothes for tomorrow's day. Even about that, she was cautious. What to wear and so on. However, her happy expression was pulled off her face, only to be replaced by a confused expression. Nowadays, for some reason, Arjun was always coming into her mind. Just out of nowhere, he would come in her mind and ehart and stay there. Bhoomi shook her head. She had promised her parents that that sort of things will not or cannot ever happen. Or can it......?

Or can it....? Arjun moaned in frustration, as that question still lingered in his mind. Nowadays, he seemed to be drifting away from this world and into a world of his own. Starts to dream about this random girl. Always walking about, with her hair blowing everywhere. Wasn't that always the case? Seemed a bit like Bollywood, he thought and smiled at the silly joke he made up. Nevertheless, his heart has realised the void of love and yearned for that emotion to come and strike it. Arjun put on earphones in his ears and turned on his music player and allowed himself to be pulled away into the world of dreams.

Kashish sat in the sofa for a long, long time.It was less than an hour but it felt like an lifetime. It was only like last week Piyush had called her and told her that he will come home to her. He said the time 7:30pm and now it was nearly 8:30pm. She had often thought of beautiful dreams of love, but now realised that they were not beautiful but trivial dreams of love. Nothing like that in love happens. Even now, she believed that all men were the same. Just users, that use women for their own needs. Kashish let her head fall back on the cushions that were supporting it. Her eyes were left open, as they stared at the clock constantly. Second into minutes and minutes into hours. The clock now said 10:00pm. So much time had gone by. So many tears have fell out. She got up and wiped her tears. The redness in her eyes, evident, because of her anger. She looked on the table and saw the pair of scissors that were there when she was using it to do some textiles work. She picked them up and used the blades to create scratches on her arms. Lines of red formed on her arms and blood began to seep through. Self-harm. Everyone said it was bad, but she could not help herself. Kashish noticed her towel lying on the floor. She picked it up and let the towel soak up her blood. After that was done, She held her arms to see the scars. All of a sudden, she began to hug herself and cry. At first, a whimper, which slowly turned to sobbing and crying. Who was she kidding? Love is only a failure, never a gift or a blessing.

The clock struck 10:00pm as David sat down to dine with his parents, sister, aunt and cousins. He chewed on the food that sat on his plate, and was doing a good job at that. However, he was unable to hide his growing smirk, caused by seeing his Aunt Christina's moody face. He cleared his throat. "Is everything ok, aunty Christina?" he asked inoocently. Christina stared at her handsome nephew and then smiled. "Very fine, thank you," she muttered. "Isn't the food nice?" he asked deliberately. Christina, with great difficulty, swallowed the carrots down. David had intentionally, put pepper all over her food. He knew that his aunt hated pepper. After all, he had to pay her back and this was just the beginning. What she did...all those years ago.

After dinner, Juliet, David's mother, called him to the kitchen to talk in private. "David, may I ask you something?" David nodded. "I saw what you did. You sprinkled pepper all over Christina's food," she said in anger but in a soft tone. David looked down, unable to meet his mother's gaze. "That is your father's sister...do you realise what this means?" David looked up with anger clear in his eyes. "What does it mean then?" he said angrily. "That she will carry out more hard times on us?" Juliet looked away to her left. "When I came in and she hugged me, she deliberately hurt me. Why? Because I'm your son, Mum," he said. "Your son". "How can I forget? What she did with you? With us?" he whispered. "Just forget that. What happened has happened," his mother insisted. "Tell that to the six year-old David, but only, he's gone. Changed into a twenty year-old man in front of you," he breathed. After that, he left. Juliet steadied herself, by placing her hands on the work-tops in the kitchen and breathed deeply. "I'm sorry, David," she whispered. "I'm sorry, my baby".

Edited by Shirley - 15 years ago
Shirley thumbnail
I bet eijaz-anita is happy right now...lol

Sorry if you feel that the story is moving too fast but it has been months since I last updated and I'm dreadfully sorry for that - just pray I can update everyday or every week at least.

Enjoy!
eijaz-anita thumbnail
ofcourse i am 😛 luvvlly part..was waiting for u from a long long time...glllad u continued!amazing//and plllllzzzz continue atlst once a week 👏