Pakistan's coach hunt about to stop....

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

farisss4

IF-Dazzler

farisss4

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 3:50am | IP Logged
Pakistan's coach hunt about to stop

Lawson likely to be appointed Pakistan's coach.

July 14, 2007

Geoff Lawson has said to have impressed PCB the most Getty Images

Barring any late glitches, Geoff Lawson, the former Australian Test fast bowler, is likely to be appointed as the new Pakistan coach on Monday.

A board official close to the coaching selection process told Cricinfo that final negotiations with Lawson, who had impressed them the most, were underway. "It is heading Lawson's way definitely. There are still a couple of things to be sorted out but it is looking like he is the man for us," said the official.

Lawson was one of three Australians shortlisted and interviewed for the position by the Pakistan board, Dav Whatmore and Richard Done the other two, after the position was let vacant following the death of Bob Woolmer.

Whatmore was the early favourite for the position but it is now understood that a number of players, as well as key members of team management, were keener on Lawson than Whatmore and have passed on their preference to the board. Whatmore's cause was not helped by former Sri Lanka captain, Arjuna Ranataunga, who is alleged to have advised Pakistan against Whatmore during a chance meeting in Glasgow.

Lawson played 46 Tests for Australia and though he hasn't got international coaching experience, he has coached New South Wales. Pakistan will be eager to make sure that Lawson agrees to the offer before they make a formal announcement, taking care to avoid the fate that befell their Indian counterparts, who announced Graham Ford as their next coach only for Ford to turn the offer down.

The PCB's ad-hoc committee is in Karachi for a two-day meeting starting Sunday and the board is expected to name the coach officially on Monday. They are also expected to announce new central contracts for players

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Pakistan's coach hunt about to stop...." in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

farisss4

IF-Dazzler

farisss4

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 3:51am | IP Logged
i knew dats he will be the 1 selected cze he has played international matches..remember fiza i told u he will be d 1 selected???...also i think a coach shud be the 1 who have international experience..what say fiza???

*Fiza*

IF-Rockerz

*Fiza*

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 11:11am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing the news fariss!!!!! Big smile
     Finally now we have a coach...uhmm yeah, i remember u were telling me... are u a psychic? LOL ...and yeah i agree with u...lets see how he pulls up this team

farisss4

IF-Dazzler

farisss4

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
a psychic... ROFL ...ure kidding me... LOL LOL LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top