Debate Mansion

Who do (most) Tamils hate Hindi? (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 52

souro

souro

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 10:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SolidSnake

There is a subtle difference to what I am saying though. I am saying use Hindi + local language in India. Use English (or any other Foreign language) while dealing internationally.

A person who studied in an Indian language medium school is at a huge disadvantage compared to a person who is from an English medium public school, which logically shouldn't have been the case had our previous Govts acted sensibly. Why should our govt service exams be conducted in English only (correct me if I am wrong), what benefit does it give to the country? Doesn't that mean only those who are from affluent families stand a chance of making it? An English system makes it virtually impossible for those from poor background to make it big.

That system has been changed now, candidates can write their exam in Hindi also and from last year regional languages have also been included (in civil services exam if I'm not wrong) .Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who do (most) Tamils hate Hindi? (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 10:36am | IP Logged

Originally posted by raksha.l

Deepak- nice points there..I have always wondered why these bollywood sahebs use English all the time..Its so funny that they answer in 'English' even when they were asked questions in 'Hindi'...I agree with you about giving respect to our own language first.. Thumbs Up

It is not funny, it is disgusting actuallyDead, they should be attempting to spead Hindi...they don't understand, agar Hindi nahin rahi to sabse pehle unke hi pet par laat padegi.LOL Mera to mann karta hai ki ek ek ke kaan ke neeche 2-2 haath doon. LOL

I also fail to understand why they all dream of hollywood....I mean in few decades Bollywood might be as big as Hollywood...

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 10:44am | IP Logged

Deepak- nice points there..I have always wondered why these bollywood sahebs use English all the time..Its so funny that they answer in 'English' even when they were asked questions in 'Hindi'...I agree with you about giving respect to our own language first.. Thumbs Up

It is not funny, it is disgusting actuallyDead, they should be attempting to spead Hindi...they don't understand, agar Hindi nahin rahi to sabse pehle unke hi pet par laat padegi.LOLMera to mann karta hai ki ek ek ke kaan ke neeche 2-2 haath doon. LOL

I also fail to understand why they all dream of hollywood....I mean in few decades Bollywood might be as big as Hollywood...

who is thinking of going to hollywood? LOL LOL LOL idhar in bollywood celebrities ko hindi nahi aati aur udhar katrina ko na hindi aati hai aur na english, pura bollywood confused hai LOL LOL LOL

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 10:48am | IP Logged

Originally posted by raunaq

solidji, are hindi medium schools still running in india? i dont think in this era anyone would want to send their kids in hindi medium school becoz of the globalization of english language. but do you think there are still people who are sending kids to hindi medium school?

Running....? Majority of Indians learn in Indian language schools. It is only a few who get to learn in Public (English Medium) schools, but it is this group (which is already resourceful), which grabs most seats in IITs, IIMs, Colleges, Medical Colleges, Engineering Colleges. I myself studied in Hindi medium school till 10th, from 11th it was in English medium and it became a huge problem for me. I used to be fairly good till 10th but after that my performance started dropping.

Gaaon ki baat to chhod hi do, ek gaaon mein padhne waale ko to IITs ke baare mein pataa bhi nahi hoga, compete karna to door ki baat hai...s/he may be 1000 times more intelligent than his English convent educated counterpart...lekin kyonki usko English nahin aati isliye uska koi future nahi hai. I am sure it is the same story everywhere in India.

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 10:55am | IP Logged

solidji, are hindi medium schools still running in india? i dont think in this era anyone would want to send their kids in hindi medium school becoz of the globalization of english language. but do you think there are still people who are sending kids to hindi medium school?

Running....? Majority of Indians learn in Indian language schools. It is only a few who get to learn in Public (English Medium) schools, but it is this group (which is already resourceful), which grabs most seats in IITs, IIMs, Colleges, Medical Colleges, Engineering Colleges. I myself studied in Hindi medium school till 10th, from 11th it was in English medium and it became a huge problem for me. I used to be fairly good till 10th but after that my performance started dropping.

Gaaon ki baat to chhod hi do, ek gaaon mein padhne waale ko to IITs ke baare mein pataa bhi nahi hoga, compete karna to door ki baat hai...s/he may be 1000 times more intelligent than his English convent educated counterpart...lekin kyonki usko English nahin aati isliye uska koi future nahi hai. I am sure it is the same story everywhere in India.

Yes, that is the sad state of affairs even today...I studied in Kendriya Vidyalaya all through, and when I went to college we have had people from the 'telugu medium' schools as well and some of them who were toppers in the board exam, but still ended up struggling atleast for the first 6 months...They even developed a kind of inferiority complex which is so very detrimental to their progress.. Confused

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 10:55am | IP Logged

Deepak- first things first...The 'keeda' in your avi is pretty creepy and its distracting me and hurting my eyes and I actually thought its something thats crawling on my laptop and so tried to get rid of it a couple of times..LOLLOLLOL

Haha...isiliye to maine lagaaya hai...LOL

And coming to your points above- I think I am on fence now...Because even I want 'Hindi' to be the main language and want us to be represented by it in the global forum..However, I also see the hitch when it comes to attracting the 'outsourcing' business...

Arre, I am all for English...English seekho, Angrezo se bhi achhi bolo, unko bhi peechhe chhod do...lekin apne desh mein to apni bhasha ko badhaawa do, English ko official language rakhne ka kya logic hai? Sabko force karne ki kya zaroorat hai, not everyone is going to be in outsourcing business..nor is everyone going to deal with foreigners.

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 10:59am | IP Logged

Originally posted by souro

That system has been changed now, candidates can write their exam in Hindi also and from last year regional languages have also been included (in civil services exam if I'm not wrong) .Smile

Wow, thanks for sharing it. That is a step in right direction.

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 11:04am | IP Logged

Running....? Majority of Indians learn in Indian language schools. It is only a few who get to learn in Public (English Medium) schools, but it is this group (which is already resourceful), which grabs most seats in IITs, IIMs, Colleges, Medical Colleges, Engineering Colleges. I myself studied in Hindi medium school till 10th, from 11th it was in English medium and itbecame a huge problem for me. I used to be fairly good till 10th but after that my performance started dropping.

Gaaon ki baat to chhod hi do, ek gaaon mein padhne waale koto IITs ke baare mein pataa bhi nahi hoga, compete karna to door ki baat hai...s/he may be 1000 timesmore intelligent than his English convent educated counterpart...lekin kyonki usko English nahin aati isliye uska koi future nahi hai. I am sure it is the same story everywhere inIndia.

thats interesting! and majority of people think india is all about IT and english speaking people Confused

Post Reply New Post

Go to top