Debate Mansion

Who do (most) Tamils hate Hindi? (Page 51)

Post Reply New Post

Page 51 of 52

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 March 2010 at 3:24pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who do (most) Tamils hate Hindi? (Page 51)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Posted: 08 March 2010 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cuckoocutter

k this is what i dont get. southies lik assman r so english-bound, but why cant they then make an effort to learn normal english, not tamil english. i can see where they get twisted up with the yums and the yens n the yos, thankfully we dont have those in hindi. so that's anothr reason they shld switch to hindi- not many ways they can screw it up. LOL

make an effort to learn normal engiish? what does that mean? hey there are a lot of indian people but they still speak indian english not normal english. sometimes foreigners can't even understand what they are talking about.

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 08 March 2010 at 4:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rongna

^ i meant used by more population while english is more widely used as in more countries use it.

I seriously don't get the point you are trying to put across. Tamil may be used by a lot (even though I believe a 'lot' is a slight exaggeration) of countries but so what? So is Hindi! Infact I think you will find in countries like UK and USA people who are punjabi, gujju, marathi etc understand and speak hindi pretty well too.

You will find the same in a lot of African countries with Indians like Nigeria, Tanzania, Kenya etc that Hindi is quite common.

I think the proof of how many people understand the language is by the viewings of Indian Serials in so many countries over the world from Malaysia to Indonesia to places like Lagos. Tongue Fair enough, some of them may use subtitles but I think people pretty much understand or pick up the language easily. Smile

Btw, you mentioned english and chinese being the most spoken language in the world but ermm, Chinese isn't a language LOL.

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 08 March 2010 at 4:47pm | IP Logged

k this is what i dont get. southies lik assman r so english-bound, but why cant they then make an effort to learn normal english, not tamil english. i can see where they get twisted up with the yums and the yens n the yos, thankfully we dont have those in hindi. so
that's anothr reason they shld switch to hindi- not many ways they can screw it up. LOL

make an effort to learn normal engiish? what does that mean? hey there are a lot of indian people but they still speak indian english not normal english. sometimes foreigners can't even understand what they are talking about.

But sometimes even two 'normal' english people can't figure out what the other is trying to say. Tongue

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Posted: 08 March 2010 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

^ i meant used by more population while english is more widely used as in more countries use it.

I seriously don't get the point you are trying to put across. Tamil may be used by a lot (even though I believe a 'lot' is a slight exaggeration) of countries but so what? So is Hindi! Infact I think you will find in countries like UK and USA people who are punjabi, gujju, marathi etc understand and speak hindi pretty well too.

You will find the same in a lot of African countries with Indians like Nigeria, Tanzania, Kenya etc that Hindi is quite common.

I think the proof of how many people understand the language is by the viewings of Indian Serials in so many countries over the world from Malaysia to Indonesia to places like Lagos. Tongue Fair enough, some of them may use subtitles but I think people pretty much understand or pick up the language easily. Smile

Btw, you mentioned english and chinese being the most spoken language in the world but ermm, Chinese isn't a language ok dude whatever you want to call it. the chinese said it zhongwen or hanyu, the western people say it chinese language or mandarin or sinitic language. and there are a lot of the several generations chinese who speak the dialect language such as cantonese. well, you can say cantonese is not a language but only a dialect since it is the official language in hongkong and macao. but hey, even though they are under china they still have cantonese as their official language, they even use cantonese more than zhongwen or hanyu or the official chinese language in the mainland china. then again hongkong and macao are not countries they are only SAR or special administrative regions which have seperate government from the central china but still under china.   LOL.

btw, so what if they love their language and do not want to study hindi instead of tamil and do not want to speak hindi instead of tamil. i mean tamils is their first language and it's not like there are a lot of people who speak hindi in south india. and india was is a very diverse country and its beauty lies in its diverse cultures and language.

Edited by rongna - 08 March 2010 at 7:37pm

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 7:28am | IP Logged

k this is what i dont get. southies lik assman r so english-bound, but why cant they then make an effort to learn normal english, not tamil english. i can see where they get twisted up with the yums and the yens n the yos, thankfully we dont have those in hindi. so
that's anothr reason they shld switch to hindi- not many ways they can screw it up. LOL

But sometimes even two 'normal' english people can't figure out what the other is trying to say. Tongue

so true.....LOLLOL
LOL

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

so true.....LOLLOL
LOL

how do you describe normal english. i used to have a friend here who studied english here from korea, and since our english level is different  i couldn't understand her and she couldn't understand me.

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 09 March 2010 at 7:55am | IP Logged

Originally posted by blue-ice

so true.....LOLLOL
LOL

how do you describe normal english. i used to have a friend here who studied english here from korea, and since our english level is different  i couldn't understand her and she couldn't understand me.

baad mein describe karoongi...abhi mood nahin hai describe karne kaWinkLOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top