Debate Mansion

Who do (most) Tamils hate Hindi? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 52

souro

souro

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 9:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by Believe

Actuly we are not hindi speaking people ,but we try to learn/speak hindi, what about hindi speaking people who try to learn our language's???...

Wow... my fav argument whenever people say that the hindi of bengalis sucks, as if they can speak flawless bengali or some other language.LOL They say Hindi is so glorious, glorious because of what, just because so many million people speak it.Wink That's so laughable, they'll fail to name two hindi authors who're really renowned.Tongue Atleast in east and south people call their parents in their regional language, see in west or north, they can't even come outside of 'mummy daddy' 'uncle aunty', and they want others to master their language flawlessly, such hypocrites.Wink LOL

that is soooo not true Souro.  You are generalizing way too much here.  Some people all over India do away with the regional names given to maternal/paternal relations but most still use chacha, chachi, bua, maasi etc.  It is a personal choice when it comes to how you want to address your near and dear ones.

Even if they call their parents and other relatives anglicized names, they do not go out and claim that they do not understand hindiSmile

No body is glorifying hindi or running down other languages but the fact remains that when ever two same regional language people get together, they start chit chatting in their language w/o considering the fact that other person there has no clue what they are talking about.  One of the main reasons why i quit going to predominantly hyderabadi get togethers even though i am great friends of the host.  Ladies do it lot more than gents....so gotta give credit to guys here.

I don't think I'm generalising too much. Hindi speaking people do call their parents as 'mummy & daddy' most of the times. And if you go out tell me do you hear people referring to you as 'bua/masi' or is it 'aunty'.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who do (most) Tamils hate Hindi? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 9:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by Believe

Actuly we are not hindi speaking people ,but we try to learn/speak hindi, what about hindi speaking people who try to learn our language's???...

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" color=#990099 size=4>Wow... my fav argument whenever people say that the hindi of bengalis sucks, as if they can speak flawless bengali or some other language.LOL They say Hindi is so glorious, glorious because of what, just because so many million people speak it.Wink That's so laughable, they'll fail to name two hindi authors who're really renowned.Tongue Atleast in east and south people call their parents in their regional language, see in west or north, they can't even come outside of 'mummy daddy' 'uncle aunty', and they want others to master their language flawlessly, such hypocrites.Wink LOL

that is soooo not true Souro. You are generalizing way too much here. Some people all over India do away with the regional names given to maternal/paternal relations but most still use chacha, chachi, bua, maasi or whatever is their regional versionis. It is a personal choice when it comes to how you want to address your near and dear ones.

Even if they call their parents and other relatives anglicized names, they do not go out and claim that they do not understand hindiSmile

No body is glorifying hindi or running down other languages but the fact remains that when ever two same regional language people get together, they start chit chatting in their language w/o considering the fact that other person there has no clue what they are talking about.

On the contrary I actually observed that the 'Hindi' speaking people do it all the time..They just get carried away and get into that fast flow and some of the non-hindi speaking people feel left behind in the conversations...In fact I have noticed that the other language people 'strive' hard to speak Hindi and be one with the 'hindi speaking' folks..Even in here, we have people from all over- but we all know what language we all use other than English...Smile
One of the main reasons why i quit going to predominantly hyderabadi get togethers even though i am great friends of the host. Ladies do it lot more than gents....so gotta give credit to guys here.

I love listening to other languages and learning them too....so that I can atleast converse with the toddlers who do not understand hindi yet. but if a regional language end up dividing a group of Indians gathered at one place, that's when i do not like it....and as far as...."indi...thoda thoda"...is concerned...ek gaali doh hindi mein toh zabardast samajh aata hai kuchh log ko....."yeh bus kahan jayegi" poochho toh batti gul....why??????

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

seemasr

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 9:37am | IP Logged
nvmd Big smile

Edited by raunaq - 15 July 2007 at 9:38am

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 9:39am | IP Logged

Originally posted by raksha.l

Originally posted by chatbuster

do away with english? kyoon bhai, indian outsourcing aur economy ka bhatta baithana hai? Confused even the chinese have now figured out they want to learn english to tap into foreign IT work, and here we are wanting to go the opposite direction. what can i say? and then we blame our politicians for messing things up Ouch

I agree..

We should not be so fragile in terms of our ego that we blindfold ourselves to the fact that English is actually a tool which can help us draw more business to our Country...I know there are some European countries(developed/rich Wink) who don't speak English, but I hear that even they are trying to learn the language now..Accept it or not...English is a global language...

i think the languages should be english and hindi, with perhaps sanskrit thrown in for those who want to learn from the past (much like learning latin).

Exactly my point...

as for the other languages, they dont unite, they simply divide. they should be treated as the relics they are and gotten rid of pronto Wink

Now what is this??? Confused ..All the south Indian languages are much more older than Hindi and why should they be done away with???What about the people who cannot speak Hindi and English???Whoever said- to learn new things, you have to get rid of the old stuff... Disapprove

*Edited for the syntax- I am tired of doing this all the time.. Unhappy *

yes, those languages are older than hindi. but less widely applicable or useful. that's how we get to them being relics- old and relatively uselessTongue

as for learning stuff, i am all for everyone learning everything. Tonguejust start with the important useful things first and then move on down the value chain.Wink

also, i hear we might be thinking of putting religion in classrooms too.LOL so much to learn now.Wink so what should we pick to learn in our finite lifetimes? subjects that make one productive in the real world and integrate us with other economies or ones which serve to only isolate us?Smile

Edited by chatbuster - 15 July 2007 at 9:41am

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 9:42am | IP Logged

just start with the important useful things first and then move on down the value chain.Wink

bohot khoob Clap Clap Clap

Edited by raunaq - 15 July 2007 at 9:42am

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 9:44am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 9:49am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 9:49am | IP Logged

do away with english? kyoon bhai, indian outsourcing aur economy ka bhatta baithana hai? Confused even the chinese have now figured out they want to learn english to tap into foreign IT work, and here we are wanting to go the opposite direction. what can i say? and then we blame our politicians for messing things up Ouch

Actually I am not talking about getting rid of English the language per se. What I am really bothered about it that we don't have any respect/pride for our national language, we treat it like shit. I mean when I am talking to my fellow countrymen why should I be using a foreign language, when I am in my own country why should I be forced to use a foreign language. Unless it involves dealing with foreigners I should n't be needing it.

Why should our PM speak in English which is hardly understood by 5% of Indians, why are our official press briefings conducted in English? Does it make any sense? Do you ever see something like this in China/Japan/Korea/Germany/France/Brazil/Russia etc? Why do we think that the world will not listen to us if we don't speak in English, or is it that the Gora saheb'll feel highly of us brownies if we speak in their language.

Bollywood stars ki to poochho hi mat, Hollywood ka naam sunte hi they get wet. Aur kehne ko to saare Hindi movies mein kaam karte hain, usi se crores kamaate hain, bade bade bangle khade karte hain....lekin jab koi interview hota hai to aisa lagta hai ki Hindi to aati hi nahi even when the interviewer is asking in Hindi, pathetic!

Let me give you an example, I am a video game enthusiast. Many of great video game makers are from Japan, and they have rabid fans all around the world. The biggest game show (E3) takes place in LA every year. These Japanese game makers present their games there and when they come on stage they speak in Japanese only (with interpretors) but still their fans go crazy about them, they go to Japanese websites and translate everything about their fav games.

To mere kehne ka matlab hai ki agar hum apni bhasha ka aadar nahin karenge to kya baahar waale karenge...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

seemasr

Post Reply New Post

Go to top