Debate Mansion

Who do (most) Tamils hate Hindi? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 52

Page 1
Page   of 52
Page 3 Page 52

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 7:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Actuly we are not hindi speaking people ,but we try to learn/speak hindi, what about hindi speaking people who try to learn our language's???...

I am all for such an initiative. I wish we (in North India) learn more about other Indian languages, we need to update our Education policy. Students should be encouraged to learn other languages, schools should organise tours to different parts of India to make students learn more about cultures of those parts. Maybe we should organise Tamil/Telugu/Bangla/Naga etc sammelans in New Delhi and Hindi Sammelans in non-Hindi parts of the country.

But coming back to the topic, we should revert to two language policy (Hindi + Local) as far as official work is concerned. English (as a state language) was supposed to be a temporary arrangement. Now the time has come to get rid of this colonial baggage.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who do (most) Tamils hate Hindi? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 7:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raunaq

Actuly we are not hindi speaking people ,but we try to learn/speak hindi, what about hindi speaking people who try to learn our language's???...

isnt india supposed to have regional language for each state and hindi and english over all the main language as the mode of communication in india?

No, infact in non-Hindi states they use Local + English combo (correct me if I am wrong). Pataa nahin yeh English moh kab khatm hoga? AngryLOL

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 7:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SolidSnake

Originally posted by raunaq

Actuly we are not hindi speaking people ,but we try to learn/speak hindi, what about hindi speakingpeople who try to learn our language's???...

isnt india supposed to have regional language for each state and hindi and english over all the main language as the mode of communication in india?

No, infact in non-Hindi states they use Local + English combo (correct me if I am wrong). Pataa nahin yeh English moh kab khatm hoga? AngryLOL

arey saanpji if i knew the answer then why would i ask this question LOL LOL LOL

Edited by raunaq - 15 July 2007 at 7:23am

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 7:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SolidSnake

Actuly we are not hindi speaking people ,but we try to learn/speak hindi, what about hindi speakingpeople who try to learn our language's???...

I am all for such an initiative. I wish we (in North India) learn more about other Indianlanguages, we need to update our Education policy. Students should be encouraged to learn other languages, schools should organise tours to different parts of India to make students learn more about cultures of those parts. Maybe we should organise Tamil/Telugu/Bangla/Naga etc sammelans in New Delhi and Hindi Sammelans in non-Hindi parts of the country.

But coming back to the topic, we should revert to two language policy (Hindi + Local)as far as official work is concerned.English (as a state language) was supposed to be a temporary arrangement. Now the time has come to get rid of this colonial baggage.

how can you get rid of english? Ouch its a global language spoken everywhere now. what is sammelans? i concur with you, all north and south indians must learn each others language

Edited by raunaq - 15 July 2007 at 7:29am

souro

souro

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 8:50am | IP Logged

All the Tamil speaking people should use the Tamil word only. Even for the word ''switch'' the tamilian should use it in Tamil only. For the word XEROX the Tamil speaking people should say 'nagal' in Tamil only. And for going to xerox shop, the Tamilian should say in Tamil 'naan nagalagam kadaikku porrayen'.

Why didn't the Tamil scientists come up with the idea of photocopier first, then they could've kept a name of their choice and all these could've been easily avoided.Wink LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

seemasr

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 8:52am | IP Logged

do away with english? kyoon bhai, indian outsourcing aur economy ka bhatta baithana hai? Confused even the chinese have now figured out they want to learn english to tap into foreign IT work, and here we are wanting to go the opposite direction. what can i say? and then we blame our politicians for messing things up Ouch

i think the languages should be english and hindi, with perhaps sanskrit thrown in for those who want to learn from the past (much like learning latin). as for the other languages, they dont unite, they simply divide. they should be treated as the relics they are and gotten rid of pronto Wink

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 9:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

All the Tamil speaking people should use the Tamil word only. Even for the word ''switch'' the tamilian should use it in Tamil only. For the word XEROX the Tamil speaking people should say 'nagal' in Tamil only. And for going to xerox shop, the Tamilian should say in Tamil 'naan nagalagam kadaikku porrayen'.

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" color=#000099 size=4>Why didn't the Tamil scientists come up with the idea of photocopier first, then they could've kept a name of their choice and all these could've been easily avoided.WinkLOL

naam ko chodo mujhe hairani is baat ki horahi hai ke xerox ka word tamil mein kaisey translate hogaya? Confused i would like to know the origin of naan nagalagam word Confused

Edited by raunaq - 15 July 2007 at 9:05am

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 9:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

do away with english? kyoon bhai, indian outsourcing aur economy ka bhatta baithana hai? Confused even the chinese have now figured out they want to learn english to tap into foreign IT work, and here we are wanting to go the opposite direction. what can i say? and then we blame our politicians for messing things up Ouch

i think they want to maintain the equilibrium, if one is learning then someone should un learn it to maintain the stability across the globe Ermm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top