Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angelic_J thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: raksha.l

Why should I be offended when you are just reiterating whatever I have been shouting from the roof tops from that time???I am obviously not offended... ๐Ÿ˜ณ

lol I guess I'm just an odd child who obviously doesn't understand what other ppl are saying๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜† 

chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: JK_5

That's KIND of what I'm saying๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜† but I still say regional language should be mandatory in it's own region๐Ÿ˜› For example, you must know Punjabi and Hindi both in Punjab and in Gujrat u must know Gujju and hindi๐Ÿ˜› 

lol. ab chote bache kee jaan loge? how much are we going to teach that lil kid now? i hear they'll also be starting religious curriculum in schools now๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†

raunaq thumbnail

That's KIND of what I'm saying๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†but I still say regional language should be mandatory in it's ownregion๐Ÿ˜›For example, you must know Punjabi and Hindi both in Punjaband in Gujrat u must know Gujju and hindi๐Ÿ˜›

bacche ki jaan loge kya? ek bacche per kitna bojh daloge tum log ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† becharon ko pehle ek hi language seekhney do, ek saath teen teen kaafi bhari padega
Angelic_J thumbnail

Originally posted by: chatbuster

dont worry. unfortunately i dont think they are about to implement anything we decide here๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†

Thank god for that๐Ÿ˜ƒ otherwise I can't imagine what we will ALL have to go through๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†

raunaq thumbnail

lol. ab chote bache kee jaan loge? how much are we going to teach that lil kid now? i hear they'll also be starting religious curriculum in schools now๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†

oh my Gosh!!! i said the same thing at the same time ๐Ÿ˜† yehan per galat logon mein synching horahi hai ab ๐Ÿ˜† we can already see the affect of implementing main language ๐Ÿ˜†
Angelic_J thumbnail

Now THAT's a different topic altogether๐Ÿ˜› but as far as I know abt India children still learn two - three diff. languages in schools so I don't really see how we can take their jaan๐Ÿ˜•

Angelic_J thumbnail

Originally posted by: raunaq

bacche ki jaan loge kya? ek bacche per kitna bojh daloge tum log ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† becharon ko pehle ek hi language seekhney do, ek saath teen teen kaafi bhari padega

But they already do that in schools so how is what I'm saying different from reality?????๐Ÿ˜•

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I agree with whatever Deepak was saying about the regional language people not being able to get into the top universities despite being comptetive in terms of knowledge... I would like to hear what the intelligentia of this forum has to say about this..

I disagree that we do away with the regional languages only altogether...Because its simply unfathomable...I like what JK said..'Strong languages will withstand to any kind of pressures and weak languages will give away and disappear'...

raunaq thumbnail
this is interesting

As a large and linguistically diverse country, India does not have a single official language. Instead, the Constitution of India envisages a situation where each state has its own official language(s), in addition to the official languages to be used by the Union government. The official languages of India therefore include all languages used for the official purposes of the union, as well as the languages used for the official purposes of each state and union territory in the country.

At the time the constitution entered into force, English was used for most official purposes both at the federal level and in the various states. The constitution envisaged the gradual phasing in of local languages, principally Hindi, to replace English over a fifteen-year period, but gave Parliament the power to, by law, provide for the continued use of English even thereafter. Accordingly, English continues to be used today, in combination with Hindi (at the central level and in some states) and other languages (at the state level).

The legal framework governing the use of languages for official purpose currently includes the Constitution, the Official Languages Act, 1963, Official Languages (Use for Official Purpose of the Union) Rules, 1976, and various state laws, as well as rules and regulations made by the central government and the states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_languages_of_I ndia

Edited by raunaq - 16 years ago
raunaq thumbnail

But they already do that in schools so how is what I'm saying different from reality?????๐Ÿ˜•

i really dont know how the schools function there in terms of language system. i used to think that it was hindi and english in schools in north india while in south india in states like tamil and andhra, they had their regional language and english, but i guess i am just as well confused now ๐Ÿ˜• i thought regional languages are just taught at homes ๐Ÿ˜• Edited by raunaq - 16 years ago