Page 1 of 52

Page 1
Page   of 52
Page 2 Page 52

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 2:54am | IP Logged

I have observed this on many occassions in past. Anti Hindi riots of 60s took place in TN, the Drividian movement of 60s was largly based on Anti Hindi theme. No other southern state is as hostile to Hindi as TN is. AP, Karnataka, Kerala all are fine with Hindi.

Whenever a Hindi related article gets published, one invariably sees anti Hindi postings from mostly Tamils. Not only they all are hostile towards Hindi, unke comments bhi bade bhadde hote hain.

For example take this....

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/india-roots-for-hindi-as-officia l-language-at-un/44903-3.html

Most of the comments are simply atrocious....Dead

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

seemasrPriya_990angelic_devil..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who do (most) Tamils hate Hindi?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 3:31am | IP Logged
The issue is more then 50 year old..... but In TN still have probs to use hindi...They oppose Hindi as the official language.

Tamil language is Global language now, Tamil speaking people are the largest of the language groups that form the Indian minority in Malaysia and Singapore, In srelanka 40% of people speak Tamil.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

susan29

greatmaratha

IF-Sizzlerz

greatmaratha

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 4:35am | IP Logged
The weird politics of the state... thats all I can say.  They believe they are different from the rest of India.

I would say the debate should be rightly worded as "Persons domiciled in Tamil Nadu" hate Hindi, because I am a tamilian and I dont hate hindi, to the contrary, I love the language

tvdekha

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 5:35am | IP Logged
is this true? i have encountered something similar too. i am not sure what exactly the reason is Confused someone told me not to go to tamil part of india since everything is in their language and they dont speak english or hindi(am not sure which one it is that they dont use). i think this post confirms it LOL LOL LOL

@believe, how can tamil be a global language? yes its true that its spoken commonly in malaysia and sri lanka, but it cannot be a global language. are you trying to imply that its dominating over hindi and english? Confused i am just confused

Edited by raunaq - 15 July 2007 at 5:51am

seemasr

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 5:52am | IP Logged

Originally posted by raunaq

wow is this true? actually a lot of south indians especially not keralites WE SPEAK HINDIBig smile and tamilians dont speak hindi at all even though they have been raised among hindi speaking people. speaking from first hand experience. its strange some of them dont speak hindi and they answer back in english even though they watch hindi movies and mingle with hindi speaking people. i am not sure what exactly the reason is Confused @believe, how can tamil be a global language?In Malaysia 2nd language is Tamil Malaysian govt approved, official papers also you can find there tamil,In sreelanka,singapure ,south africa.....etc if more than two countreis any language people used to speak wat we call.....Big smile

someone i know had lived in tamil and asked me not to go there since i would have language problem since everything is in their language and they dont speak english. the person had spend couple of years there so i think its believable LOL LOL LOL yes its true that its spoken commonly in malaysia and sri lanka, but it cannot be a global language. are you trying to imply that its dominating over hindi and english? Confused i am just confused

Am not supporting any regional language.....Hindi is our national lang, so we should learn that language that my opinion.Smile

Just read bellow....

Tamil protection group is working towards improving Tamil usage in Tamilnadu particularly starting in Chennai on 23rd May 2005   Tamilians have unlimited faith in Tamil Language and Tamil culture. The word 'tiffin' should not be used since it is not Tamil.  All the Tamil speaking people should use the Tamil word only. Even for the word ''switch'' the tamilian should use it in Tamil only. For the word XEROX the Tamil speaking people should say 'nagal' in Tamil only. And for going to xerox shop, the Tamilian should say in Tamil 'naan nagalagam kadaikku porrayen'. All commercial bills etc. in Tamilnadu should be printed in Tamil Language only. Even in passports and VISA there should not be a single word in English
and Hindi. All the passports and visa inside Tamilnadu it should be in Tamil Language.

These kind of things not acceptable...Smile

..RamKiJanaki..

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 6:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Originally posted by raunaq

wow is this true? actually a lot of south indians especially not keralites WE SPEAK HINDIBig smileand tamilians dont speak hindi at all even though they have been raised among hindi speaking people. speaking from first hand experience. its strange some of them dont speak hindi and they answer back in english even though they watch hindi movies and mingle with hindi speaking people. i am not sure what exactly the reason is Confused @believe, how can tamil be a global language?In Malaysia2nd language is Tamil Malaysian govt approved, official papers also you can find there tamil,In sreelanka,singapure,south africa.....etc if more than two countreis any language people used to speak wat we call.....Big smile

someone i know had lived in tamil and asked me not to go there since i would have language problem since everything is in their language and they dont speak english. the person had spend couple of years there so i think its believable LOL LOL LOL yes its true that its spoken commonly in malaysia and sri lanka, but it cannot be a global language. are you trying to imply that its dominating over hindi and english? Confused i am just confused

Am not supporting any regional language.....Hindi is our national lang, so we should learn that language that my opinion.Smile

Justread bellow....

Tamil protection group is working towards improving Tamil usage in Tamilnadu particularly starting in Chennai on 23rd May 2005 Tamilians have unlimited faith in Tamil Language and Tamil culture. The word 'tiffin' should not be used since it is not Tamil. All the Tamil speaking people should use the Tamil word only. Even for the word ''switch'' the tamilian should use it in Tamil only. For the word XEROX the Tamil speaking people should say 'nagal' in Tamil only. And for going to xerox shop, the Tamilian should say in Tamil 'naan nagalagam kadaikku porrayen'. All commercial bills etc. in Tamilnadu should be printed in Tamil Language only. Even in passports and VISA there should not be a single word in English and Hindi. All the passports and visa inside Tamilnadu it should be in Tamil Language.

These kind of things not acceptable...Smile

i know tamil is spoken in malaysia by majority of indian immigrants and in sri lanka too but didnt know that its spoken in south africa too now thats something new to me. i came across lots of south indians like keralites and tamilians who spoke their language and when we spoke in hindi they would answer in english, i guess they were just not comfortable with hindi, thats why i edited the post becoz may be i encountered different south indians who used different methods of communication at home and outside. by the way i was not sure if in tamil nadu they dont speak english or hindi, i am not sure which language i was told that they dont speak so please read my edited post Confused idhar bohot zyada confusion hogaya hai LOL LOL LOL

thanks for the article thats very informative and shocking as well Shocked thats such a long word for going to xerox shop, by the time i learn this language, i would be having great great grandkids Confused why they are so strict? even the bills has to be in tamil Confused Confused Confused my friend was right then, i was advised not to visit the place since i would have communication problem LOL LOL LOL no offense to anyone, i really admire tamil language.

Edited by raunaq - 15 July 2007 at 10:25am

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 6:08am | IP Logged

Actuly we are not hindi speaking people ,but we try to learn/speak hindi, what about hindi speaking people who try to learn our language's???...

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 6:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Actuly we are not hindi speaking people ,but we try to learn/speak hindi, what about hindi speakingpeople who try to learn our language's???...

isnt india supposed to have regional language for each state and hindi and english over all the main language as the mode of communication in india?

Edited by raunaq - 15 July 2007 at 6:39am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top