Debate Mansion

Flirting, a type of Sexual Harassment ? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 12:24am | IP Logged
Believe ji, lets not discuss flirting vs. sexual harassment. LOL I believe we have both established the difference between the two. Big smile

The question still remains ...

in case you are wondering, the list is listed in the very beginning.... two scenarios listed, and also written about punishment getting chopped to a person for a complaint filed against her/him.

And when I say record... I am talking of sexual harassment going on 'criminal' record or 'school' record. And hence, the act (something as foolish as crushing on some guy, hence engaging in emails, etc.) following you your entire life. I heard of the situation from a person, and wondered if it could count as harassment, and hence googled all.

I feel the law is taken a little too far. Or at least it shouldn't be used so superflously by the complaint bearer, unless it is last resort. Confused What a horrible way to screw up somebody else!!!!!! Ouch

Persy

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Flirting, a type of Sexual Harassment ? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 12:28am | IP Logged
yes it is .. and i assume u r talking about work place...

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 12:38am | IP Logged

Originally posted by reeps

Believe ji, lets not discuss flirting vs. sexual harassment. LOL I believe we have both established the difference between the two. Big smile

The question still remains ...

in case you are wondering, the list is listed in the very beginning.... two scenarios listed, and also written about punishment getting chopped to a person for a complaint filed against her/him.

And when I say record... I am talking of sexual harassment going on 'criminal' record or 'school' record. And hence, the act (something as foolish as crushing on some guy, hence engaging in emails, etc.) following you your entire life. I heard of the situation from a person, and wondered if it could count as harassment, and hence googled all.

All kind of harasment is panishable.....mentaly or physicly.......but in internet  harassment from a virtual friend ....its we cant blame any single person's fault. If it happen also there's lot of option to block him/her or you can avoid that person.Smile 

I feel the law is taken a little too far. Or at least it shouldn't be used so superflously by the complaint bearer, unless it is last resort. Confused What a horrible way to screw up somebody else!!!!!! Ouch

Persy

If anyone want to clap...they need both hands...Clap Wink 

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 1:03am | IP Logged

Originally posted by qwertyesque

yes, am talking about work-place!

And I am starting to HATE the definition of sexual harassment, and the liberty taken by some to use it against others.Dead Zero Tolerance CRAP. What if the "culprit" doesn't even realize that his/her actions constitute sexual harassment? And all of a sudden somebody is in deep trouble.Ouch

The INTENT has to be there, and not PERCEPTION of some count as the ultimate. 

You know something, I am deeply disturbed after finding out scenario I listed is/can be true! I have the urge to do something about it.... at least educate students (college/university) about the possibility of getting into TROUBLE for certain behavior. If they don't know what constitutes it, a person who is trying to find a friend can just land in a ditch somewhere in case somebody misconstrues.Dead

Persy

Edited by reeps - 15 July 2007 at 1:04am

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 1:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by reeps

yes, am talking about work-place!

And I am starting to HATE the definition of sexual harassment, and the liberty taken by some to use it against others.Dead Zero Tolerance CRAP. What if the "culprit" doesn't even realize that his/her actions constitute sexual harassment? And all of a sudden somebody is in deep trouble.Ouch

The INTENT has to be there, and not PERCEPTION of some count as the ultimate. 

You know something, I am deeply disturbed after finding out scenario I listed is/can be true! I have the urge to do something about it.... at least educate students (college/university) about the possibility of getting into TROUBLE for certain behavior. If they don't know what constitutes it, a person who is trying to find a friend can just land in a ditch somewhere in case somebody construes.Dead

Persy

I think these are legal definitions so existence of intent is secondary... action is enough.... sadly these are US laws and I think you know my opinions about the shallowness and absurdities of US judiciary...LOL

Its almost similar to indicting a man in india for attempted rape if the woman shows up with a torn blouse.. - no questions asked...LOL

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 1:32am | IP Logged

I think these are legal definitions so existence of intent is secondary... action is enough.... sadly these are US laws and I think you know my opinions about the shallowness and absurdities of US judiciary...LOL

Its almost similar to indicting a man in india for attempted rape if the woman shows up with a torn blouse.. - no questions asked...LOL

Big smile Why men in India only??? Embarrassed dont insult all indian men yaarSmile 

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 1:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Big smile Why men in India only??? Embarrassed dont insult all indian men yaarSmile 

I don't think he is insulting anybody; he is pointing out an absurdity of a law... saying a guy is guilty of rape even when a woman got her blouse got torn, perhaps got caught in fenceLOL 

Oh, I am so bringing up this discussion with a professor or two. The college students need be educated.Embarrassed 

Persy

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 1:41am | IP Logged

what about college campuses?Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top