Debate Mansion

Taking digs, a debating technique? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

Evilgenius_S.S

IF-Dazzler

Evilgenius_S.S

Posted: 16 July 2007 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

no probs elaborate itSmile

ohkay well...see If in Friendship u be finding fault with ur friend..then i mean...r you urself perfect??...firends do not act this way...they are to hold you when u r lost,.....tell you when you are wrong..>>but see...finding faults with any1..and...correcting it in the right  spirit ----are two different things..!!! Friends are always there to support you bcause thats the real essence of friendship...!! Embarrassed >>>see 'Arguing' and...'telling someone they where they are at fault...>>these 2 things cant be same..!!

And..about enemies....i'd say that...They just look for opportunities...to find faults with you..so that they can criticize u ..and that too in the very negative  sense..!! because...he's ur Enemy.....>>and you cannot always xpect something good for you from ur enemies....!! Only enemies argue..!! because all they wanna do at the end of the day is to let you feel down and win over you..!!! >>thats why they are Enemies...because THEY want to win....and they aint friends...>>>who want You to win...!!Smile

*i hope .....i did not deviate from the topic..Embarrassed i guess i elaborated my point....comments are welcome...!Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Taking digs, a debating technique? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Evilgenius_S.S

IF-Dazzler

Evilgenius_S.S

Posted: 16 July 2007 at 4:22pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Modesty

I completely agree with you.
More so with your Signature.

If its 4 me..then Thanks..(i hope its 4 me...) =)

well i did elaborate my point ..above more...now..i hope i m right this time to.o...=)

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 16 July 2007 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Evilgenius_S.S

Originally posted by Believe

no probs elaborate itSmile

ohkay well...see If in Friendship u be finding fault with ur friend..then i mean...r you urself perfect??...firends do not act this way...they are to hold you when u r lost,.....tell you when you are wrong..>>but see...finding faults with any1..and...correcting it in the right  spirit ----are two different things..!!! Friends are always there to support you bcause thats the real essence of friendship...!! Embarrassed >>>see 'Arguing' and...'telling someone they where they are at fault...>>these 2 things cant be same..!!

And..about enemies....i'd say that...They just look for opportunities...to find faults with you..so that they can criticize u ..and that too in the very negative  sense..!! because...he's ur Enemy.....>>and you cannot always xpect something good for you from ur enemies....!! Only enemies argue..!! because all they wanna do at the end of the day is to let you feel down and win over you..!!! >>thats why they are Enemies...because THEY want to win....and they aint friends...>>>who want You to win...!!Smile

*i hope .....i did not deviate from the topic..Embarrassed i guess i elaborated my point....comments are welcome...!Smile

With a good friend i think we do debate, we can Argue,we can fight, we can tease,we can support ,we can love etc etc..between the friendship there is no win or lose mentality. Big smile

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 16 July 2007 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by reeps

Hi to all,

Everyone who is presently debating here has taken digs on another. In fact the whole exchange started at first dig. So whether it is right debating technique or not all of us do or have done that in the past esp on DM. You can exclude yourself if you wish.

Quoting Maya_M (hope, you don't mind) from another thread, I would like to know:

1. Is taking digs at each other a debating technique?
2. Is it appropriate to interact with each other this way?
3. Why do or should we respond back in the same coin?
4. A self-protection mechanism? gives peace of mind? or immature behavior?
5. Is it possible to take the high-road?

Given the option, would you walk away even if you were hurt by somebody's insensitive behavior or clarify (given, we can't please all), and move on considering you have given your best?

And no digs in this post, please!Smile

Thanks,
Persy

I dont think in a formal debatnng structure taking digs is allowed, I beleive you would lose points for that

however here we have a bit different rules and well it can be used as a tool to bring your opponent back to the point or sometimes get them off of their horse of one-track

most of the times it misfires and things get personal

if both sides are mature it can be a fun conversation to read for onlookers

if one or both are immature, well,  it is still fun , just on a different levelLOL

Modesty

Modesty

Posted: 16 July 2007 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Evilgenius_S.S

Originally posted by Modesty

I completely agree with you. More so with your Signature.

If its 4 me..then Thanks..(i hope its 4 me...) =)

well i did elaborate my point ..above more...now..i hope i m right this time to.o...=)

You are welcomeSmile . Yes, tis for you. But after reading posts of both of you I was kinda sitting on the fence. I think I should go by you.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top