Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 13 July 2007 at 9:23am | IP Logged

Dear Friends!!

The role of a parent in a person's life is tremendous!

If a person gets fame :parents get good name

If a person gets defamed or does stupid acts: parents get defamed

Is is fair to hold responsible parents for the stupid acts done by their kids?

If no

Are'nt they who brought those people to this world?Are'nt they responsible for putting those people on right track??

We see several times,the family members of criminals being tortured becuase of the stupid acts done by that criminal!!

Cheers,

Myth

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Are parents responsible ???" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 13 July 2007 at 9:34am | IP Logged
I think parents play a vital role in making you a person that you are. They teach you inter-personal and social skills, before you are even exposed to the society (where some more vital learning occurs).  Parents, their environment, the provisions they make (either in excess, or in limitation, or inadequate) will also guide what the kid may desire for as an adult.  Parents will also implement values / priorities / humanity / spirituality etc.

Ofcourse there are execptions where one of the children is epitome of greatness and another one- juts a real baddie. I don't know how that happens and who and how to blame, if the parents provided the same kind of attention & nurturing..

What one learns in childhood goes into developing one as a person. Parents are ofcourse responsible in some way if not in some substantial way.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 13 July 2007 at 9:50am

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 13 July 2007 at 9:42am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Indian_girl_18

Indian_girl_18

Posted: 13 July 2007 at 10:03am | IP Logged

Funny. I wrote my second eassy in my college english class on a similar topic.

Parents are the ones that bring us to this world. They put good values in us.   They are our bridge to soical communication.

But i disagree that the parents are to be blamed for the stupid things that kids do. Kids start to do most of the "stupid" things once they are in their teenage years. Well, other than parents, there are other sources that pressure kids into doing things that aren't soically excepted. But Its the child that, in my point of view, that is responsible for what he or she does.

For example, smoking. Some people might say that when parents smoke, then the kid ends up smoking too. Is it really true. Well, there are kids in this world, whose parents smoke and they don't cause they now the conquences. On the other hand, there are kids who smoke and there parents never smoke. You can relate this to other things that kids do such as drink alcohol.

Is it really parents fault that they can't go to school with there kids to see what they acutally do in school. There is alot of external pressure on kids, such as their friends. When our friends do things, we tend to follow them and do it. But a child should be smart enough to now what is right and what is wrong.

Most kids take the wrong step cause they choose to, not cause their parents influenced them to. And studies have showed that kids in there teenages years (in which they are most likly to make a mistake) spend most of there time outside of their homes.

So in my point of view, Parents are never to be blamed for what kids do. The kids are to be blamed for the steps that they took.

enjoy the essay. LOL

Edited by Indian_girl_18 - 13 July 2007 at 10:04am

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 13 July 2007 at 10:05am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 14 July 2007 at 2:09am | IP Logged
parents are partly to be blamed on how the kids are brought up. there are kids who go around bad mouthing, troubling other kids on streets while parents stand on the other end and watch them instead of upbraiding them right on spot and showing them whats right and whats not. if parents like getting good praises they should also be ready to be get all the criticisms. they both go both hand in hand. they are the ones who usually train kids and instill values in them.

Edited by raunaq - 21 September 2007 at 10:54pm

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 14 July 2007 at 2:21am | IP Logged
Parents role in life is very importent..........
Parents show their kids, how to live ,how to behave etc etc....no need to teach a kid, they easly grasp all things,Parents can guide their kids into a good direction, so the nature of living make a kid good person or bad person....

but Ek sharabi ka beta sharbi hona zaroorat nahe... Embarrassed

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 14 July 2007 at 3:48am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

I think parents play a vital role in making you a person that you are. They teach you inter-personal and social skills, before you are even exposed to the society (where some more vital learning occurs).  Parents, their environment, the provisions they make (either in excess, or in limitation, or inadequate) will also guide what the kid may desire for as an adult.  Parents will also implement values / priorities / humanity / spirituality etc.

Ofcourse there are execptions where one of the children is epitome of greatness and another one- juts a real baddie. I don't know how that happens and who and how to blame, if the parents provided the same kind of attention & nurturing..

What one learns in childhood goes into developing one as a person. Parents are ofcourse responsible in some way if not in some substantial way.

Definetly Parents play an important role ,but are parents responsible for the ideas and ideals of their children!!!!!!!!!

We find somany communists from traditional religious families! We find somany revolutionary ideal people from soft,low profile families.....

To what extent can parenting control the behaviour,thoughts of the children.......

Post Reply New Post

Go to top