Page 6 Page 6

Guardian Angel

IF-Sizzlerz

Guardian Angel

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 18 July 2007 at 7:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Dear Muggle friends!!Tongue

You all might have read atleast one harry potter series book or atleast you might have seen atleast one harry potter movie!!!

What do you think of these Harry Potter literature and movies??

It is spellbinding....it reminds us of our childhood fantasies... even my Bhabhi who is in her fifties reads Harry Potter!  I know many friends' mom and dad who read the books and I see a lot older folks come see the movie too.Embarrassed

Do they make any sense ?? or Do they really take you another wonderful world??

I feel if you follow it from the beginning then it does make sense in a fantasy sort of way.  Its like any other fantasy story really.... be it the Arabian Nights or Lord of the Rings.

Do you think that Harry Potter books really ignited the interest in book reading in children??

Or

Do you think it creates some mania in the people who read and see those Harry potter stuff??(Once my student said she likes to have owl as pet becoz harry's pet is owl andinterestingly she has'nt seen a single Indian owl,she thought all owls are so pretty as Harry's owls)??

Don't you think un necessary hype is created for harry potter stuff????

Harry Potter was written by a poor woman in England sitting in a library.  It brought her not only fame but rags to riches too.  It was her imagination that materialized into a book.  I think children can relate to it like they can to Peter Pan or any other fantasy story.

I donot think there is unnecessary hype as this happens with any other movie too.  You know the Halloween costumes, the toys, you name it. 

BTW who is your fav character in Harry Potter series an why?

Harry Potter himself.  Esp. how he was in the first book and movie. 

Is there any other equivalent to Harry Potter stuff in your language (just like Jataka Tales)??

I wish I knewOuch   Growing up there was a kid's magazine that my mom used to get for me...... and it had fantasies and other stories.

Thanks Myth!Embarrassed

Wishes,

Myth

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Harry Potter Mania !!! (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sweet freedom

IF-Dazzler

sweet freedom

Posted: 18 July 2007 at 9:01am | IP Logged

i luv them to bits, harry potter got me into readin more and more, now i read all the time, but the hp series will always be my fav. the movies rnt as gud as the buks, the first 2 movies were gr8, the 3rd and after that i dunno wot happend, i think fame got to dans hed cos his acting seems to make me laff. in the buk wen cedric died i cried my eyes out in the movie wen harry was crying ova his body i c**t stop laffin, it was so fake.Embarrassed

course they make sense, sumtimes u hv to luk really carefully to find a deeper meaning which dus feel like anotha worldbut the more u luk the more u find, and sumtimes wen yr readin u can see the hole movie playin in yr mind, and the movies cant compete with that world in yr hed.

Do you think that Harry Potter books really ignited the interest in book reading in children??

Or

Do you think it creates some mania in the people who read and see those Harry potter stuff??

well the harry potter buks really 'ignited the interest in book reading' for me. ill admit sum ppl r ova obsessd with harry potter and im one of those, i used to be referred as harry potter crazy and now so many ppl in my skool r that it dunt really matta if u r obsessd with em or not. hp also helped with my english ritin.

nope, hp is worth evrythin it gets, fame, luv, money. and the hype is gr8, i luv to see that there r otha hp fans out there hu luv hp just as much as i do. thoe sum fans r a bit too crazy, like stealin the car used in hp+cos lolz.

thats quite a hard one....mrs weasley, dumbledore, harry, hermione and fred & george. if i was to pik one i cudnt but lets say hermione, i like her cos shes smart, but she no's there r loadsa things more important than buks and exams, being there, hvin the experiences r important to her, and in buk 5, she starts to becum a bit more of a rebel, with the hole DA stuff. shes a gud friend, and more importantly shes normal, a typical smart teenage girl, hu gets jealous wen her crush (ron) has a girlfriend and hu helps out her friends wen need be. i dont like mema that much, but i luv the character she plays.

Is there any other equivalent to Harry Potter stuff in your language (just like Jataka Tales)??

dunno bout thatConfusedLOL

take care
harooj
xxx

kahish-rox

Goldie

kahish-rox

Posted: 21 July 2007 at 9:57am | IP Logged
What do u think of these Harry Potter literature and movies??
Harry Potter is an immense piece of literature that has increased the rate of bookreading amongst children at a greta rate and it is a great time pas...pone of the best boook series written after a looong time...the movies are gud but cud have been betterr!!!!

Yes...harry Potter is in itself a vast world that u need to understand and read carefully to adapt to it....it is a whole theme set apart from everythngelse...and u really need to get into the hype of reading it to imagine that world...

yes....it gave them a different pattern to think on...it has hugggeee contrast with the enid blyton books which earlier the children read...Hp has definitely helped children ti improve their vocabb and learn new things..

Or

Do you think it creates some mania in the people who read and see those Harry potter stuff??(Once my student said she likes to have owl as pet becoz harry's pet is owl andinterestingly she has'nt seen a single Indian owl,she thought all owls are so pretty as Harry's owls)??
it duz create a mania....but then...thats the MAGIC of harry potter... Wink Wink
No...harry potter is at its peak rite now and the best series going on rite now...

i lurve all the characters...harry, hermione, fred n george....luna..lolz...cuz every character has sumthing different to it...not even one character is repeated...

NOOOO!!!! theres nuthing blike harry potter...

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 21 July 2007 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Guardian Angel

You all might have read atleast one harry potter series book or atleast you might have seen atleast one harry potter movie!!!

It is spellbinding....it reminds us of our childhood fantasies... even my Bhabhi who is in her fifties reads Harry Potter!  I know many friends' mom and dad who read the books and I see a lot older folks come see the movie too.Embarrassed

I feel if you follow it from the beginning then it does make sense in a fantasy sort of way.  Its like any other fantasy story really.... be it the Arabian Nights or Lord of the Rings.

Or

Do you think it creates some mania in the people who read and see those Harry potter stuff??(Once my student said she likes to have owl as pet becoz harry's pet is owl andinterestingly she has'nt seen a single Indian owl,she thought all owls are so pretty as Harry's owls)??

Harry Potter was written by a poor woman in England sitting in a library.  It brought her not only fame but rags to riches too.  It was her imagination that materialized into a book.  I think children can relate to it like they can to Peter Pan or any other fantasy story.

I donot think there is unnecessary hype as this happens with any other movie too.  You know the Halloween costumes, the toys, you name it. 

Harry Potter himself.  Esp. how he was in the first book and movie. 

I wish I knewOuch   Growing up there was a kid's magazine that my mom used to get for me...... and it had fantasies and other stories.

Thanks Myth!Embarrassed

Wishes,

Myth

Minali! Nice to hear views on Harry Potter!!!!Smile

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 21 July 2007 at 10:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweet freedom

i luv them to bits, harry potter got me into readin more and more, now i read all the time, but the hp series will always be my fav. the movies rnt as gud as the buks, the first 2 movies were gr8, the 3rd and after that i dunno wot happend, i think fame got to dans hed cos his acting seems to make me laff. in the buk wen cedric died i cried my eyes out in the movie wen harry was crying ova his body i c**t stop laffin, it was so fake.Embarrassed

course they make sense, sumtimes u hv to luk really carefully to find a deeper meaning which dus feel like anotha worldbut the more u luk the more u find, and sumtimes wen yr readin u can see the hole movie playin in yr mind, and the movies cant compete with that world in yr hed.

Or

Do you think it creates some mania in the people who read and see those Harry potter stuff??

well the harry potter buks really 'ignited the interest in book reading' for me. ill admit sum ppl r ova obsessd with harry potter and im one of those, i used to be referred as harry potter crazy and now so many ppl in my skool r that it dunt really matta if u r obsessd with em or not. hp also helped with my english ritin.

nope, hp is worth evrythin it gets, fame, luv, money. and the hype is gr8, i luv to see that there r otha hp fans out there hu luv hp just as much as i do. thoe sum fans r a bit too crazy, like stealin the car used in hp+cos lolz.

thats quite a hard one....mrs weasley, dumbledore, harry, hermione and fred & george. if i was to pik one i cudnt but lets say hermione, i like her cos shes smart, but she no's there r loadsa things more important than buks and exams, being there, hvin the experiences r important to her, and in buk 5, she starts to becum a bit more of a rebel, with the hole DA stuff. shes a gud friend, and more importantly shes normal, a typical smart teenage girl, hu gets jealous wen her crush (ron) has a girlfriend and hu helps out her friends wen need be. i dont like mema that much, but i luv the character she plays.

dunno bout thatConfusedLOL

take care
harooj
xxx

thanx 4r da views sweetfreedom!!!EmbarrassedBTW I need some training in ur magic skool to understand ur post completelyTongue

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 21 July 2007 at 10:49am | IP Logged

Originally posted by kahish-rox

What do u think of these Harry Potter literature and movies??
Harry Potter is an immense piece of literature that has increased the rate of bookreading amongst children at a greta rate and it is a great time pas...pone of the best boook series written after a looong time...the movies are gud but cud have been betterr!!!!

Agree with you in this point !!!!Smile
Yes...harry Potter is in itself a vast world that u need to understand and read carefully to adapt to it....it is a whole theme set apart from everythngelse...and u really need to get into the hype of reading it to imagine that world...

Once we start reading those books we go into that world atleast for sometime after completing it

yes....it gave them a different pattern to think on...it has hugggeee contrast with the enid blyton books which earlier the children read...Hp has definitely helped children ti improve their vocabb and learn new things..

Or

Do you think it creates some mania in the people who read and see those Harry potter stuff??(Once my student said she likes to have owl as pet becoz harry's pet is owl andinterestingly she has'nt seen a single Indian owl,she thought all owls are so pretty as Harry's owls)??
it duz create a mania....but then...thats the MAGIC of harry potter... Wink Wink
No...harry potter is at its peak rite now and the best series going on rite now...

i lurve all the characters...harry, hermione, fred n george....luna..lolz...cuz every character has sumthing different to it...not even one character is repeated...

NOOOO!!!! theres nuthing blike harry potter...

Nice views Smile

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 21 July 2007 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .:Ashi:.

Embarrassed

What do you think of these Harry Potter literature and movies?? OMG im OBSESSED! i lovvvee them!!! gosh, i dunno what i wud do w.o HP...its sooo addicting!Big smile....HP is my fav. book series....the movies arent exactly the same as the books but i like them as well, they are really cuteEmbarrassed

Do they make any sense ?? or Do they really take you another wonderful world?? def. another wonderful world....i remember when i was turned 11 i waited to get my letter for hogwartsLOLLOL

Do you think that Harry Potter books really ignited the interest in book reading in children?? yess

Or

Do you think it creates some mania in the people who read and see those Harry potter stuff??(Once my student said she likes to have owl as pet becoz harry's pet is owl andinterestingly she has'nt seen a single Indian owl,she thought all owls are so pretty as Harry's owls)??like i said, i waited for my letterEmbarrassed, but i think only kids believe in that...eventually, they learn that it isnt real...but they still love it as much as they did before they knew that

Don't you think un necessary hype is created for harry potter stuff????what do u mean?

BTW who is your fav character in Harry Potter series an why?its really hard to chose between ron and hermione. i luv both of their personalities...thats why they make such a gr8 couple!Wink...but i'd say ron...he's such a joker and omg i just love himEmbarrassed

Is there any other equivalent to Harry Potter stuff in your language (just like Jataka Tales)??nahh....HP is the best!

Wishes,

Myth

gr8 topic jaan!

~Ashi 

Nice views jaan Smile!!! Hope to see u more in DM with ur beauty tickets!!Smile

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 July 2007 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top