Harry Potter Mania !!! (Page 4)

Morgoth IF-Veteran Member
Morgoth
Morgoth

--

Posted: 14 July 2007 at 4:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Dear Muggle friends!!Tongue

What do you think of these Harry Potter literature and movies??

When I saw the first HP book I thought it was childish. Picked it up to read when I was dead bored and never put it down. JK Rowling's writing style reminded me of Enid Blyton, but the difference was that her characters were a lot more real and faced more difficult problems.

Do they make any sense ?? or Do they really take you another wonderful world??

They absolutely make sense. Its not just about Magic wands and spells. People who just read that part and dismiss the books are missing out a LOT. There is a lot of plot complexity in there, with amazing clues leading to the next books.

And yes, they always transport me to Harry's world, which is NOT perfect. It has wonders and enchantment, but I don't think I'd want to live in that world.

Do you think that Harry Potter books really ignited the interest in book reading in children??

Absolutely! Children never read a book on such a large scale before.

Or

Do you think it creates some mania in the people who read and see those Harry potter stuff??(Once my student said she likes to have owl as pet becoz harry's pet is owl andinterestingly she has'nt seen a single Indian owl,she thought all owls are so pretty as Harry's owls)??

Yes, the mania is definitely there. I'm a bit of a maniac myself. LOL However, TRUE MANIACS will know that JK Rowling clearly warned children several times that Owls do NOT make good pets in real life.

Don't you think un necessary hype is created for harry potter stuff????

Well, since I'm a bit of a maniac, I don't mind the hype. LOL

BTW who is your fav character in Harry Potter series an why?

Harry himself - he's real, he has problems and faults, he's not the invincible super-hero. I am going to cry more if he dies. Cry I already cried for Dumbledore. Cry

Is there any other equivalent to Harry Potter stuff in your language (just like Jataka Tales)??

Not that I personally know of.

Wishes,

Myth

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 14 July 2007 at 4:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raunaq

Smile

i have watched random series of it but i am not a big fan of harry potter, someone i know who is not a kid always pre orders it and this summer she is going to be reading it ignoring us while we are on any trip Angry i dont know what this book has to offer Confused i am more of inclined towards lord of the rings Big smile , you guys enjoy reading it this summer Big smile

Lord of the Rings is also goood  but haven't read !!!Smile

myth i havent read the books on lord of the rings either, but i watched the movie several times, i only came to know about the books for lord of the rings after i watched the movies, my friend started reading LOR book after watching the movie but i have never seen a crazy person for harry potter books like her, if a person like her can go crazy then i can imagine small kids going crazy for it!

Hmm! There is somemagic in Harry Potter series!! I like them !! I don't read other such category books ....They sound very silly but Harry Potter stuff is different! My student who is a voracious reader ,suggested me these books and I really wondered how such an intelligent girl is mad of these books, later on I too read the books from her and instead of doing physics problems,we used to discuss in detail about these booksLOL!!! I used to read these HP books as if I were preparing for civil service examinations!!!Smile

Morgoth
Morgoth

--

Posted: 14 July 2007 at 4:19am | IP Logged

Smile

i have watched random series of it but i am not a big fan of harry potter, someone i know who is not a kid always pre orders it and this summer she is going to be reading it ignoring us while we are on any trip Angry i dont know what this book has to offer Confused i am more of inclined towards lord of the rings Big smile , you guys enjoy reading it this summer Big smile

Lord of the Rings is also goood  but haven't read !!!Smile

myth i havent read the books on lord of the rings either, but i watched the movie several times, i only came to know about the books for lord of the rings after i watched the movies, my friend started reading LOR book after watching the movie but i have never seen a crazy person for harry potter books like her, if a person like her can go crazy then i can imagine small kids going crazy for it!

Lord of the Rings has a more old-fashioned writing pattern; it has both poem and poetry, it has several different made-up languages, it has a different kind of magic.

I think the beauty of LOTR can only be appreciated once you grow older. Or you'd have to read the Hobbit first to understand things in a simpler form.

"My precioussssssss" Gollum ALWAYS cracks me up. He is such a twisted little characer. LOL

I've even read the Chronicles of Narnia - all books, but there are some elements in that book which put me off - insinuations that all "dark skinned people" are evil. I love Aslan though! Big smile 

Edited by T. - 14 July 2007 at 4:20am
IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 14 July 2007 at 4:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by T.

What do you think of these Harry Potter literature and movies??

When I saw the first HP book I thought it was childish. Picked it up to read when I was dead bored and never put it down. JK Rowling's writing style reminded me of Enid Blyton, but the difference was that her characters were a lot more real and faced more difficult problems.

Do they make any sense ?? or Do they really take you another wonderful world??

They absolutely make sense. Its not just about Magic wands and spells. People who just read that part and dismiss the books are missing out a LOT. There is a lot of plot complexity in there, with amazing clues leading to the next books.

Agree! There are lot of hidden clues and these things make me really wonder how JK manages to write such a wonderful stuff!

And yes, they always transport me to Harry's world, which is NOT perfect. It has wonders and enchantment, but I don't think I'd want to live in that world.

Do you think that Harry Potter books really ignited the interest in book reading in children??

Absolutely! Children never read a book on such a large scale before.

Or

Do you think it creates some mania in the people who read and see those Harry potter stuff??(Once my student said she likes to have owl as pet becoz harry's pet is owl andinterestingly she has'nt seen a single Indian owl,she thought all owls are so pretty as Harry's owls)??

Yes, the mania is definitely there. I'm a bit of a maniac myself. LOL However, TRUE MANIACS will know that JK Rowling clearly warned children several times that Owls do NOT make good pets in real life.

Don't you think un necessary hype is created for harry potter stuff????

Well, since I'm a bit of a maniac, I don't mind the hype.

Hmm! These are the essential characteristics of IF crazy creatives!!!LOLTongue

Harry himself - he's real, he has problems and faults, he's not the invincible super-hero. I am going to cry more if he dies. Cry I already cried for Dumbledore. Cry

Is there any other equivalent to Harry Potter stuff in your language (just like Jataka Tales)??

Not that I personally know of.

Wishes,

Myth

Nice to see you in DM after somany days Tanaz!!!MNMS Dadi ji is missing in actionCry

.:Ashi:. IF-Rockerz
.:Ashi:.
.:Ashi:.

Posted: 14 July 2007 at 8:56pm | IP Logged
Embarrassed

What do you think of these Harry Potter literature and movies?? OMG im OBSESSED! i lovvvee them!!! gosh, i dunno what i wud do w.o HP...its sooo addicting!Big smile....HP is my fav. book series....the movies arent exactly the same as the books but i like them as well, they are really cuteEmbarrassed

Do they make any sense ?? or Do they really take you another wonderful world?? def. another wonderful world....i remember when i was turned 11 i waited to get my letter for hogwartsLOLLOL

Do you think that Harry Potter books really ignited the interest in book reading in children?? yess

Or

Do you think it creates some mania in the people who read and see those Harry potter stuff??(Once my student said she likes to have owl as pet becoz harry's pet is owl andinterestingly she has'nt seen a single Indian owl,she thought all owls are so pretty as Harry's owls)??like i said, i waited for my letterEmbarrassed, but i think only kids believe in that...eventually, they learn that it isnt real...but they still love it as much as they did before they knew that

Don't you think un necessary hype is created for harry potter stuff????what do u mean?

BTW who is your fav character in Harry Potter series an why?its really hard to chose between ron and hermione. i luv both of their personalities...thats why they make such a gr8 couple!Wink...but i'd say ron...he's such a joker and omg i just love himEmbarrassed

Is there any other equivalent to Harry Potter stuff in your language (just like Jataka Tales)??nahh....HP is the best!

Wishes,

Myth

gr8 topic jaan!

~Ashi 

season915 Goldie
season915
season915

Posted: 14 July 2007 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sound

Originally posted by rutumodi915

Second, I like Albus Dumbledore a lot. Oh the man is so-so grounded, calm and amazingly intelligent... I have secret crush on the Head Master. Blushing I almost cried when he died.

Almost??

Rutu I cried for hours the first time and for days the second time. I still do if I read that bookCryCry

I got most emotional after Sirius died and Dumbledore was explaining HArry everything. You know at the end of that chapter, they said that Dumbledore had a tear in his eye, Everytime, I get to that part, ek aansu to gir hi jaata hai Cry. I kind of foresaw Dumbledore dying, so it did not come as too much of a shock. But jab Sirius gaya and the emptiness that Harry experienced, my heart ached so bad CryCry.

So, cannot wait for 20th midnight. Barnes and Noble ke bahar hi padh ke subah ghar jaungi shayad Embarrassed

Originally posted by ~LiL*PrInCeZ~

ive seen most of the movies (went along with friends, most of whom are huge fans and gave in to it). as for the books, i picked up the 1st one, read the first chapter and put it down...never picked up another HP book

AyyoOuch

Hmm! I feel like beating my head like dobby the elf  LOL

Aww Myth, I share your sentiments Ouch
But you gotta admit, Dobby is adorable Embarrassed. If I was in Hogwarts, I would definitely join S.P.E.W (Not spew as Harry and Ron think it is Angry)

Originally posted by greatmaratha

My favourite characters - After Harry, Hermoine and Ron, I adore Sirius. In fact, I cried more when Sirius died than when Dumbledore died, and I thought the movie was a bit of a let down when it came to exploring Sirius's character and his bonding with Harry. I love Dumbledore and I think he is one of the finest character etched in the book. I am keeping fingers crossed that she would turn the clock back and bring back Dumbledore in the last book, to fight Voldermot. And I love SNAPE Embarrassed   I think he is another real character. Particularly in the end of Half Blood Prince, they defined his character so well and I am keen to see the treatment given to the climax in the movie.... the scene when Harry is confronted by Snape and Snape using the curse on Dumbledore....

I completely agree with ya on the bolded parts!
Snape's loathing for Harry due to James is so very real. From what I have been reading in various HP sites, people are betting that Snape might just have acted on Dumbledore's orders and will help Harry in the long run. I kinda agree with this theory-I really don't want my Dumbledore to be proved wrong Embarrassed. But saala Snape- Dumbledore should not have died... I hope Snape ko saat janam take abhi DADA ka job na mile Dead
And Sirius and Harry's relationship - I think it is so deep and unique that it would be hard on the director's part as well to depict that in such little time. But their relationship, indeed, was so profound and unfotunately, short-lived! Unhappy

Originally posted by T.

I sho agree with you! He has such real feelings and such real problems. That's the thing I love about HP most. In spite of creating such an imaginary world of Hogwarts, the characters are just so real. I am in total awe of JKR Smile

Originally posted by .:Ashi:.

i remember when i was turned 11 i waited to get my letter for hogwartsLOLLOL

Aww that is so cute Tongue

Edited by rutumodi915 - 14 July 2007 at 9:41pm
Morgoth
Morgoth

--

Posted: 15 July 2007 at 11:32am | IP Logged

But you gotta admit, Dobby is adorable Embarrassed. If I was in Hogwarts, I would definitely join S.P.E.W (Not spew as Harry and Ron think it is Angry)

What about Kreacher? Tongue

season915 Goldie
season915
season915

Posted: 16 July 2007 at 8:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by T.

What about Kreacher? Tongue

Us namakul ka naam mat lo Angry. I hate Kreacher, about the same as Draco, Lucius, Bellatrix and all those jacka$$es. Angry

Dobby is a wonderful house-elf though and I very much think that Kreacher should take lessons from Dobby Approve

Go to top