Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 14 July 2007 at 12:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Dear Muggle friends!!Tongue

You all might have read atleast one harry potter series book or atleast you might have seen atleast one harry potter movie!!!

What do you think of these Harry Potter literature and movies??

Wonderful Movies and Wondeful BooksSmile!! I'm a big fan of J.K.Rowling!!

Do they make any sense ?? or Do they really take you another wonderful world??

I read non fiction most of the times (almost all my fav books are related to non fiction) ,one of my fav student is a big Harry Potter fan and she requested me to read these books and from then onwards I started reading these books!! These books really take us to anothe world! Hmm! These Charms,Hogwarts school ,the wonderful characters really interest me!!

Inspite of knowing that all these things don't make any sense I like this Harry potter series!! Books are really more interesting than movies!! Movies really don't depict the beauty of the books!!

Do you think that Harry Potter books really ignited the interest in book reading in children??

Book reading is a wonderful hobby(may be a habit) and no hobby can really replace it!!! Harry Potter really increased this book reading habit in youngsters ....earlier most of the kids were simply addicted to the cartoon shows on TV, or games on computer Dead

J.K Rowling really brought some small revolution in this aspect! Thanks to JK!!

Or

Do you think it creates some mania in the people who read and see those Harry potter stuff??(Once my student said she likes to have owl as pet becoz harry's pet is owl andinterestingly she has'nt seen a single Indian owl,she thought all owls are so pretty as Harry's owls)??

Any thing which is beyond limits is ugly!! So also the Harry potter mania! The lengthy discussions about the next books of Harry Potter books really irritates but its a part of admiration.....

Hmm! We have somany fan fictions in IF written by elders....regarding the serials!! Hmm! I remembers reading some of them in Kasam Se forum and got really mad ConfusedLOLand sometimes used to wonder if they are real TV scriptwriters in disguise !!

Don't you think un necessary hype is created for harry potter stuff????

Yes and No!

Yes becoz... the way the marketing is done for these books and movies is really sick....special trains..specail bus(magic bus...) ..some junk methods!!

NO! becoz! Nothing gets popularity without having any stuff! Harry Potter books are really applaudable!!

BTW who is your fav character in Harry Potter series an why?

Albus Dumbledore and Sirus Black!! I love them!! Wonderful Characters!! Wish I had a principal like Albus Dumbledore!!

Is there any other equivalent to Harry Potter stuff in your language (just like Jataka Tales)??

Hmm! India is a land of Magic and we have several stories associated with magic! In telugu we had good movies and good books on magic!! The difference is they did'nt get that much popularity then!!!

Wishes,

Myth

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Harry Potter Mania !!! (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 14 July 2007 at 12:34am | IP Logged
I dont Like HP eeeeerrr Confused boring yaaar.. LOL

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 14 July 2007 at 12:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rutumodi915

Awww Harry Potter comes to DM Embarrassed

When there are girls more intellignet than Hermoine's and ginny weasley's in DM what's wrong in Harry coming here!!!Embarrassed

I think it is phenomenal. I am not a big fan of movies and haven't even watched all the movies wholly but the books have amazing creativity and imagination that totally transport you to wonderland.

HP is fictionary work, so not everything makes sense literally. But, the way JKR writes and describes life and people at Hogwarts, it springs to life and every little thing makes sense. Dementors unnerve people, Felix Felicis infuses luckiness, Voldemort creates terror and everytime Harry wins, the readers cheer... Don't know about others, but I am totally in Hogwarts when I read my HP books.

Do you think that Harry Potter books really ignited the interest in book reading in children??

Or

Do you think it creates some mania in the people who read and see those Harry potter stuff??(Once my student said she likes to have owl as pet becoz harry's pet is owl andinterestingly she has'nt seen a single Indian owl,she thought all owls are so pretty as Harry's owls)??

I think, both. Since it has gained so much popularity, it is but natural that people will get hooked to owls, cats, robes, brooms and what not! But most importantly, it did spark reading interest in young minds.

For stuff, maybe yes. But the hype for books is totally justified. I talk about the Deathly Hallows to any darn person I meet, EVERYDAY! Approve

Hermione is my favorite character. One, I can relate myself to her very easily and I totally adore the way she has her hand up in the air everytime a teacher shoots a question at the students LOL. Second, I like Albus Dumbledore a lot. Oh the man is so-so grounded, calm and amazingly intelligent... I have secret crush on the Head Master. Blushing I almost cried when he died.

Me too cried a lot!!!Cry when Dumbledore died!

Is there any other equivalent to Harry Potter stuff in your language (just like Jataka Tales)??

I haven't read many Gujarati/hindi books but I don't think I have heard anything about a similar concept.

Thankyou for the wonderful response!!!

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 14 July 2007 at 12:52am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Lovers Ka Love

Well, its a beautiful experience tO rread these bOoks and watch mOvies... but as yOu knOw, many Of children have sence Of cOpying... They try tO dO the same things as mentiOned in bOoks Or seen in mOvies... sO this this might be harmful and in Hp mOvies Or bOoks many magical things mentiOnedd sO that childrens try tO cOpy same...

But One thing i knOw is that Herminy is hOt Embarrassed

aGrEE lOveRs kA lOve Ji!!

hErmOiNe iS hOt bUt heR INTELLIGENCE IS MOST INTERESTING!!!

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 14 July 2007 at 12:54am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Believe

I dont Like HP eeeeerrr Confused boring yaaar.. LOL

Not boring YarrrrrrrrrrrAngry!!!LOL

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 14 July 2007 at 12:59am | IP Logged
LOL
Originally posted by Sound

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Dear Muggle friends!!Tongue

You all might have read atleast one harry potter series book or atleast you might have seen atleast one harry potter movie!!!

Seen all the movies atleast once and read all the books number of timesEmbarrassed

I think they are b****y brilliantThumbs Up. The books in my opinion are beyond comparison and though movies fail to do justice to the books, they are wicked nonethelessBig smile

They make sense to me and they do take me to a wonderful wonderful world. The world of witchcraft and wizardry, the world of the boy who lived (and who better continue to live)

Or

It definitely has generated reading interest in some children who were known not to possess any. The world that Rowling has created can make anyone want to own a pet owl. The world of Harry Potter, though completely fictitious, has been brought alive by Rowling. The emotions, humor, creativity she has brought out in the books is amazing and applauseworthy IMOClapClap

By now, I guess you know my opinion on this. All the hype is totally justified. HP deserves it all and then some moreBig smile

Now that's a tough oneConfused. I have always always been partial to Harry. The boy has been through a lot and is till going thru it. I hope Rowling justifies all the suffering with a happy end. *fingers crossed*

Albus Dumbledore is the greatest wizard of all times (in Harry's world, ofcourse) and after having watched the 5th movie and his style, I am an even bigger fan, if that's even possible.

Nope. I can't say I have read much in my language to begin with but I have never even heard of something that can be called an equivalent.

Wishes,

Myth

Nice post Myth.....I am still in the Order of the Phoenix hangover and enjoyed answering these questions.

I can't wait for the 7th book to come out. Midnight of 20th can't come soon enough and I hope all of Ron, Hermione, Harry and Ginny are safe

Enjoyed reading your post!! Me too waiting for the 7th book! Hope nothing happens to Harry and his friends!!

BTW when I was expressing my worry to my elder brother about the danger to Harry's life and the possibilty of his death ,he said "good! You will come out of that world then"AngryLOL

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 14 July 2007 at 1:01am | IP Logged

Originally posted by NaVy1985

firstly - wahoooo HP in the DM Clap LOL .... okay onto the discussion

--- well i absolutely love the books ..... te movies are good too but i really prefer the books (as is the case with most movies based on books) ..... i guess i like to use my own imagination rather than be forced to accept the screenplay writer/director/producer's interpretation

--- they make sense to me LOL ...... and i wouldn't say that they completely take you to another world ...... but i do think that they let magic into your life ..... what i mean is that i think they influence you to look for magic in your own world ........ i mean i'm 22 but i absolutely love the series and right after i read one of the books i feel like creating a potion or a spell ... or a curse Wink LOL ..... or trying to explain something as being the result of someone's potion/spell/curse ...... even though i'm a science student and more inclined to factual explanations ......... these books do bring magic into my life Smile

--- i'm sure they have brought more young readers out of the woodwork but i feel that they've influenced children who may have already liked reading to fall in love with it and also to gain the patience to read such large books ....... a skill that will become very useful as the grow and are forced to read other books and textbooks LOL

Or

Do you think it creates some mania in the people who read and see those Harry potter stuff??(Once my student said she likes to have owl as pet becoz harry's pet is owl andinterestingly she has'nt seen a single Indian owl,she thought all owls are so pretty as Harry's owls)??
--- i think that such "mania" can be associated with anything ....... i mean you're talking about this girl wanting to have an owl ...... but what about those people who are star-obssessed and want to have that star ..... i think it depends on the personality of the readers rather than the books Smile

--- yeah but that's the case for everything ....... did we really need to have EVERY NEWS channel in india covering the abhi-ash wedding ....... or is paris hilton going to jail more newsworthy than the warfare in the middle east? ............ everything is hyped today ...... so at least with this hype we're promoting literacy Tongue

--- i honestly love them ALL because i really feel that the series would be incomplete without any of them ..... but i must also say that i'm really going to miss dumbledore Cry ...... he was such a grand-fatherlly character Embarrassed

Nice AnswersClap!!! Wellsaid with good examples!!Clap

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 14 July 2007 at 1:04am | IP Logged

Ouch

Originally posted by ~LiL*PrInCeZ~

harry potter is overrated.

I dont like the book/movie...but i dont have anything against it either. People are free to have their own opinions. i read heard that some people wanted to burn the books bcuz it was teaching kids bad things and poisoning their minds with witchcraft Ouch. thats ridiculous Confused

ive seen most of the movies (went along with friends, most of whom are huge fans and gave in to it). as for the books, i picked up the 1st one, read the first chapter and put it down...never picked up another HP book

AyyoOuch

Hmm! I feel like beating my head like dobby the elf  LOL

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 14 July 2007 at 1:21am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top