Harry Potter

'Phoenix' breaks opening day record

friskysam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
'Phoenix' breaks opening day record
The Wednesday opening of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix has set a new recordat the box office. The fifth Potter installment took in $44 million, making it the most successful movie for a Wednesday debut. It surpassed Spiderman 2, which had made $40.2 million on its opening day. Paul Dergarabedian, the president of Media By Numbers, calls the record "pretty incredible."

"This is one of those rare franchises that is as relevant today as it was when the franchise first started. For a fifth installment to be breaking records is pretty incredible."

He also predicts the movie to quickly rise to the $100 million mark over the weekend.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~PuNk PrInCeSs~ thumbnail
just read this article on mugglenet.com..i so cnt wait 2 watch the moviee....argh!! 1 day 2 go!! nyway thnxx4 sharin.. 😃
Tara_K thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks a lot for sharing i knew it would be an instant success and everyone has got to see it even those who dont read HP have to see this movie its beyond incredible 👏
umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
oh wow!! i was also part of the first day sales!! 😉

great job HP5!!
~bella~ thumbnail
totally deserving!nd tfs 😛
-Krupa- thumbnail
WOW!..my mom might be taking me to watch over the weekend!
navika thumbnail
hey guys i saw the movie today. It was really good, the cho and harry kiss scene i saw, the action scene. I guess this is also one of mine best film of all time thanks.
~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail
Ist Day 1st Show im going oh yea oh yea... oh g2g getting ready ;))
tukz_REmix thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
its brillaint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!superb.......aftr all dis how can i sleep widout watchin d movi....uuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh i simply cant w888
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

wow!!! Greeaat!!! cant wait!!!😳