Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by: Maya_M

I like what Priya wrote about Internet friendships.

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Originally posted by: Believe

If anyone know their own good points and week points he/she should draw the limit....Hurting happen when you expect something from a Virtual friend...Dont expect anything from a virtual friend. 

Vinu, expectations arise only when one is led to believe with a sweet talk.  Nobody is a fool otherwise.  Taalee ek haath se nahee bajtee, true, but those leading by wrong hints are dirtbags and it is easy to say not to make virtual friends, but the truth is- many internet people are actually who they say they are, and such people are easy target of internet bluffs.  It is not so absurd to believe someone who appears genuinely supportive and NICE person. 

Originally posted by: VINU

[quote=maya] 

👏👏 Very well said. 

<---👎🏼 🤔 she talking like a feminist....😕 
Vnu, good point at why men only.. yeah- turns out there are internet black widows too 😆😆..  but I doubt anybody was trying to be a feminist / judgmental only against men here.. Priya made EXCELLENT point if you're willing to let go the gender facor here.  It is about a person who is here to have Fun at other person's stake.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago
greatmaratha thumbnail
Originally posted by: Believe

Oye Vinu   man was used in a very generic sense 😡  I am a feminist, but not so much that I need to bring it into every topic of discussion 😉

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
😉
Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

Vinu, expectations arise only when one is led to believe with a sweet talk.  Nobody is a fool otherwise.  Taalee ek haath se nahee bajtee, true, but those leading by wrong hints are dirtbags and it is easy to say not to make virtual friends, but the truth is- many internet people are actually who they say they are, and such people are easy target of internet bluffs.  It is not so absurd to believe someone who appears genuinely supportive and NICE person. 

Agree with you Qt....All glittering things are not Gold...😃....women easly fall these kind of sweet talks......😉 so beware of sweet talkers lol..😆

OMG ..Qt baag gaya....she fear mee 😆...

People try to create a good image always..Personly I not bother...😃 Bad image always good...😊

<---👎🏼 🤔 she talking like a feminist....😕 

Vnu, good point at why men only.. yeah- turns out there are internet black widows too 😆😆..  but I doubt anybody was trying to be a feminist / judgmental only against men here.. Priya made EXCELLENT point if you're willing to let go the gender facor here.  It is about a person who is here to have Fun at other person's stake.

my answer as u said b4....'Taalee ek haath se nahee bajtee' 👏

greatmaratha thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maya_M

I like what Priya wrote about Internet friendships.

Thanks Maya 😳

greatmaratha thumbnail
@ Vinu - great point on having no expectations. But thats the whole point. It is just so easy to say that "Do not expect anything", but when it comes down to reality, one does expect... at least in my experience, thats how its been.

Completely agree with Mqt.... so many people appear to be so good in virtual life, but in reality, they are something else. I know of someone who followed an internet love and went to see the "man of her dreams", yeah, but without prior warning... only to find a 16 year old adolescent boy, having a laugh at her and few other womens expense. The woman was old and she genuinely thought she had found the big love of her life.... the interactions they had did not even once give her a doubt that the man she was talking to or chatting to was so young. The guy had a great voice, did not give an impression of being just 16 and had sent the photograph of his dad 😡
mermaid_QT thumbnail
Originally posted by: mermaid_qt

😉😉  just for bringing to Greatmaratha's attn since my evil twin 😡 got "thank u" and moi got ignored 😭..  
j/k priya,  but you did make an excellent post yet again...
mermaid_QT thumbnail
Originally posted by: greatmaratha

@ Vinu - great point on having no expectations. But thats the whole point. It is just so easy to say that "Do not expect anything", but when it comes down to reality, one does expect... at least in my experience, thats how its been.

Completely agree with Mqt.... so many people appear to be so good in virtual life, but in reality, they are something else. I know of someone who followed an internet love and went to see the "man of her dreams", yeah, but without prior warning... only to find a 16 year old adolescent boy, having a laugh at her and few other womens expense. The woman was old and she genuinely thought she had found the big love of her life.... the interactions they had did not even once give her a doubt that the man she was talking to or chatting to was so young. The guy had a great voice, did not give an impression of being just 16 and had sent the photograph of his dad 😡

Thanks Priya..

@ the 16 year old boy!  OMG.. the woman must have been so shocked unless she was into some significant cradle snatching spanning over a decade or so! .. LOL @ dad's picture 😆😆..  what a kid!
Once they showed on CBS that a man had booked a room in a romantic bed and breakfast to meet his internet date for the first time and she ended up being his sister 🤢🤢.. That was also eww..  I think in the movie  "MITR" , weren't the husband and wife having internet affair with each other?? 😆..   The 16year old sharing dad's picture takes the cake though 😆😆🤣..

greatmaratha thumbnail

😉😉  just for bringing to Greatmaratha's attn since my evil twin 😡 got "thank u" and moi got ignored 😭..  
j/k priya,  but you did make an excellent post yet again...

🤣

Arre twinnie ko mila toh aapko bhi mila naa 😉  The same theory of copied versions.... 😆

🤗  Thanks ..
greatmaratha thumbnail

Thanks Priya..

@ the 16 year old boy!  OMG.. the woman must have been so shocked unless she was into some significant cradle snatching spanning over a decade or so! .. LOL @ dad's picture 😆😆..  what a kid!
Once they showed on CBS that a man had booked a room in a romantic bed and breakfast to meet his internet date for the first time and she ended up being his sister 🤢🤢.. That was also eww..  I think in the movie  "MITR" , weren't the husband and wife having internet affair with each other?? 😆..   The 16year old sharing dad's picture takes the cake though 😆😆🤣..

Yeah!  Imagine the gall of the boy....  The woman was completely shattered and what ultimately ate her up internally was the fact that during that period (about a year) she had ended up sharing so much information about herself... not just private information, but a lot of things on her mind and she beat herself up later with the knowledge that it was a 16 year old boy who spoke such to her, who took her down the garden path, literally.

Yeah Mitr was that movie of hubby and wife having an internet affair and suspecting each other in real life of extra marital affairs as well.  Was funny, yet was highly unrealistic.