Debate Mansion

Too poor too support treatment

JhoomBJhoom thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Recently, you must have heard that in India, one poor father threw away his 7 year old daughter from the bridge to the river as he could not afford treatment for her.  The local fisherman saved her and she is back with her mother and other siblings (I think five).  The local police station did not register a case, in turn, started raising money for the treatment.  In couple of days, the enough money was collected for her treatment.  Father was not charged for his act.  Father is a local vegetable vendor and does not make enough to support his family. 

Please give your opinion - Whether father should be charged or not? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

season915 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I am not sure if you can judge from this incident if he would have done the same thing or not if it would have had been a boy. So, keeping that aside, I do think that the father should have been charged.

Boy or a girl, trying to kill your child or for that matter, anyone's child is not right under any circumstances and he should have definitely been punished as per law.

JhoomBJhoom thumbnail
If the father gets punishment, what will happen to other kids in his family. I do not think so that boy or girl was the issue. It was just like not having money for treatment. It was kind of heartbtreaking story on NDTV.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: JhoomBJhoom

If the father gets punishment, what will happen to other kids in his family. I do not think so that boy or girl was the issue. It was just like not having money for treatment. It was kind of heartbtreaking story on NDTV.

Father should be charged for throwing daughter down off the bridge into the river πŸ˜”.  He could not take care of his responsibility to begin with . So the question abt what happens to family or kids does not even arise once he is punished 😳

Mother will have to support the family.  My 1.5 cents πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Dabulls23 - 16 years ago
season915 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Father should be charged for throwing daughter down off the bridge into the river πŸ˜”.  He could not take care of his responsibility to begin with . So the question abt what happens to family or kids does not even arise once he is punished 😳

Mother will have to support the family.  My 1.5 cents πŸ˜ƒ

I agree DB! He doesn't seem like the person who is aware of his responsibilities!

And baki ka .5 cent kab aa raha hai?

Swar_Raj thumbnail
The father should be punished , firstly not following parivaar niyojan, then killing someone that he is resposible to bring in the world.
There are many ways to prevent bearing kids and after that abortion is also legal in India. Once the kid is born, you are responsible to raise them. Period.
Throw the father atleast once from the bridge. If gets saved...fine or else let mother raise them

Originally posted by: Swar_Raj

The father should be punished , firstly not following parivaar niyojan, then killing someone that he is resposible to bring in the world.
There are many ways to prevent bearing kids and after that abortion is also legal in India. Once the kid is born, you are responsible to raise them. Period.
Throw the father atleast once from the bridge. If gets saved...fine or else let mother raise them

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Lata, tum aur tumhaari punishmentsπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

greatmaratha thumbnail
Frustrations can lead a (wo)man to do strange things.  I do not support the act, but I cant condemn it either. 

I put myself in the place of a weak father, tired and sapped of energy and life, faced with the prospect of child's health wasting away because of lack of money to treat her...   I do not have the will to fight life any longer...  If I am punished for lack of will to live or let live, will it bring back my zest to live or my strength to provide for my family.

I am trying to see things from the mans point of view.  No man, unless perverse, will try to kill his own off spring.

A child is a dependent of parents. If a parent tries to harm/kill a child then what could be more horrifying than that? I don't care about the gender of child. This father should definitely be punished for this act. In every hospital in small towns they get free birth control methods. But ignoring that they go for more than 2 children and then ends up with no money to feed and take care of their Cricket team.

Snip him first else tomorrow he will have more of god's gift.🀒

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I love the punishments PIC and Maya has in mind. He was not well off finanicially while he was popping these 5 kids with wifi 😲 πŸ˜’ and now suddenly he can't afford to pay for treatment so get rid of his daughter 😑 🀒 Edited by Dabulls23 - 16 years ago