To be hanged for rape??!! - Page 2

Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by sohn

Am with you on this Maya

Plus take away the organs.. Let him be humiliated.  After  removal of the organs, let him not wear any clothes till he dies .  Put him in a cage and put a TICKET for viewing this organ-less beast. Let govt earn some money on adult women watching this and making fun.  😛
Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago
teach the girls how to stand up for these monster is one solid way to get rid of these sick people.
The system is extremely and severely flawed. That's the cut and dry, bare bone explanation for why so many criminals, incliding sexual offenders, get off the hook and are free to raom the streets and repeat their crimes.

Let me first say that I consider sex offenders (rapists and those who prey on children, babies, etc.) are the worst form of criminals. Even a murderer is a lesser evil in my eyes. A sexual predator violates the most sacred and intimate of privacies. He/She abuses mind, body and soul when committing the crime. A murderer can at least provide a semblance of reasoning- insanity, revenge, "justice," etc. The actions of a sexual predator are senseless and far worse than death itself.

That said, I feel a two-pronged approach would be best in handling sexual offenders. First and foremost, children need to be taught how to properly deal with strangers, including avoiding them, remaining in large company and defending themselves as best as possible. Women and men (because men too can be victims) should learn basic self-defensive movements and practice general safety techniques such as going about in groups, being weary of strangers, etc. (though most rape victims know the person who raped them). The elderly also need to be alert and aware because, unfortunately, they are too are preys for some of the truly depraved minds. Again there's a need to learn self-defense, surround themselves with people and practice safety measures at home.

The second part of the two-prong approach is a reform in the judicial and enforcement sectors. In my view (and apparently it's a popular stance), sexual offenders should be put to death, preferably with some form of pain involved. They don't deserve painless death after having given his/her victim life-long worth of pain. Bail should not be an option for sexual offenders. They are a danger and menace to society. Guilty or innocent, a person accused of a sexual offense should be kept in prison until proof of either stance. It's suffering for the innocent, but rarely is an accusation of sexual assault made in jest (if at all the case is brought forward. So many hundreds of cases are never presented because the victim, for various reasons, doesn't come forward). The law needs to be changed. A sexual offender may feel remorse at some point, but that is little consolation to the victim. It is also not a guarantee that the perpetrator will not prey upon another person at a later date. Death should be the only ssentence for the guilty, and the only option should be method of death.

It may be harsh stance to take, but I have no sympathy for sexual offenders.

I also don't like it when people allow themselves to be victimized. Granted the victim does end up helpless. But it's those that put themselves in a position where they can be victimized that I get annoyed with. Practice common sense and caution. In the fast-paced, crime-ridden world we live in, you have got to smart and aware. Actions such as leading a person on, going to a party where you know noone and have barely gotten to know the inviter, taunting a known sexual offender, etc. to me is deliberately puting yourself in harms way. However, while such stupidity is inexcusable, I do ultimately pity and sympathize with the victim.
very nice post SIMI 😊 . 👏
Thanks QTdi.. might have come across a bit strong, but I have no room in my heart or mind for sexual offenders. I truly think being the victim of a sexual offense is far worse than the victim of a murder. Once you're dead, you're dead. Lekin ek jeeta-jaagta insaan khokla ho jaata hai rape ke baad... It is a crippling offense that leaves you psychologically, emotionally and physically scarred. There are many strong people who continue their lives despite being the victims, but it is something that haunts them forever... is se behtar to maut (strictly IMO)