Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

virgoqueen thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

AISHWARYA RAI Event Promotion Toronto, Canada HQx14

< =text/> digg_url = 'http://celeb-flix.blogspot.com/2007/08/aishwarya-rai-event- promotion-toronto.html'; < src="http://digg.com/tools/diggthis.js" =text/> < src="http://digg.com/tools/diggthis.php?u=http%3A//celeb-flix.blogspot.com/2007/08/aishwarya-rai--promotion-toronto." Border=0 width=52 scrolling=no height=80></>

AISHWARYA RAI With Husband ABHISHEK BACHCHAN
Event Promotion Toronto, Canada HQx14.

Edited by virgoqueen - 16 years ago
virgoqueen thumbnail

A site for sore eyes

< content=08/21/2007 name=date>
Fans can catch their favourite stars on Facebook now. A lot of Bollywood actors bombard each others' profiles with sticky otes on this social networking site
Back to Section Stories Posted On Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Rate this Article

Sandipan Dalal

When they are not facing the camera, a bunch of Bollywood men and women including Aamir Khan and Priyanka Chopra stuff their stockings, write sticky notes, bitch-slap and throw food on their friends on a popular social networking website called Facebook. 

Primarily focused on high school to college students, the social network on the web has now caught the imagination of our reasonably computer literate filmy janta. For starters, Facebook was founded by former Harvard student Mark Zuckerberg as part of his hobby projects. Later, when it was well received by fellow students, the website was formally launched in February 2004. The core service is free and has now users across all English-speaking countries.

Most of our actors have graduated from the humble social network Orkut to Facebook. While on Orkut most of them complained about lack of privacy, as all Orkut users have access to profiles and scrapbooks of their fellow users. As a result they faced a deluge of scraps (or messages) from fans and sceptics alike. Says Gul Panag, "When I was on Orkut a friend recommended Facebook as it is a relatively private site where only listed friends can access your profile details." However, Gul is yet to upload pictures on her website, as she is not yet acquainted with the functions, "I'm not too familiar with the website and there are just too many application tools."

However, filmmaker Kunal Kohli feels that Facebook is one of the most user-friendly websites. Kohli was intrigued when assistant directors at his office kept raving and ranting about the website every morning. Kohli, who is just a month old on Facebook says, "All my assistant directors were on it. I was too curious and wanted to open an account. I got up and about on the website in no time. My usage level is approaching the addiction stage."

For people like Kohli, Facebook is almost a personal website as users post their articles, pictures, videos, reading list, movie guide and music album on the website. Says Kohli, "Ever since I have logged on to Facebook people have stopped sending emails. They prefer posting messages on my wall. For me it is as good as my personal website."

Nevertheless, one can't ignore the networking side to it. Long lost friends and acquaintances have surfaced for many users. Gul Panag, who had given up hopes on finding her high school best friend, says: "The other day, I found my long lost high school, Brit friend. We went to the International School of Lusaka in Zambia."

Homi Adajania (of Being Cyrus fame), however, argues that it's more of a time-killing exercise (of course, if you have too much to spare). He says, "It's pure time pass. I check it whenever I'm bored." He further adds, "But I have found a lot of old Armenian rugby players who I haven't met for over 15 years on the website."

Edited by virgoqueen - 16 years ago
-De.De- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: lucky_lakshmi

YAYY!!! We are just the best!!!😃 Mike, Monika, Virgoji, Uma, Ikra, Ripi and everyone!!! U guys make this FC just the besttt!!!!😃

Aww Thankyou luks 😳..thankyou and also credit goes to u too. 😃Yepp we are the best. 😆😉😃

-De.De- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Awww Ash looks so good..😃 Thanx virgo 👏

dreamgrl thumbnail

wowwww awesome picz of Abhi & Ash😳

WowWwWwWw!!!!👏

here r some Ashwarya bachchan picz!😉

Edited by dreamgrl - 16 years ago
dreamgrl thumbnail