Debate Mansion

Artificial life abroad Vs life in India? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

kabhi_21

IF-Rockerz

kabhi_21

Posted: 09 July 2007 at 11:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

Originally posted by Gauri_3

Ashu, I am with you on Diwali thoughts!!!  That's why we are going to India this diwali...yayyyyy....can't wait to celebrate diwali in India after 10 looooonnngggg yearsBig smile

i think diwali in india/ delhi is also more artificial than it used to be. gone are the days when one could fire a diwali rocket off at a bunch of galsWink, or color their faces with hard paint on holi (not that i did any of that stuff after i turned 12LOL). anyways, now these are "sophisticated" occasionsTongue

LOLLOLLOL i agree rahul, now this celebrations are also artificialLOL.....

well i agree with raj and Lilprincess.... if u have a family support then u may not find the life that artificial (unless ur spouse is giving u headache everyday to go back to indiaLOL).... I m here alone so definitely my life is artificial.... just try to get some colours with cricket and IF..... but if someone is leading an artificial life, there is reason behind it.... life is not always fair Tongue.... anyways i would be back to masti bhari college life in around 2 yearsWink

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Artificial life abroad Vs life in India? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 09 July 2007 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
oops wrong post! 

Edited by TallyHo - 09 July 2007 at 11:53pm

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 July 2007 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 10 July 2007 at 12:00am | IP Logged

Originally posted by TallyHo

Originally posted by TallyHo

I think staying in the middle east you get a great mix of the west and of the subcontinent...you are surrounded by Indians who are speaking in familiar lingo...only time I feel the life is artificial here is during the festivals like Diwali where u suddenly realise that the whole world is not celebrating with you...and you try so hard to recreate that magic by lighting the candles or diyas and trying to remember the details of how Laxmi pujan is done back home...U try so darn hard only to realise that at some level you are faking up the enthusiasm! Ouch

Ashu, I am with you on Diwali thoughts!!!  That's why we are going to India this diwali...yayyyyy....can't wait to celebrate diwali in India after 10 looooonnngggg yearsBig smile

Lucky you...But I am going to India too...not for Diwali...but this coming Friday...yipee!!Big smile

oh wow....good for you sweetieBig smile  have a safe and fun filled trip back homeSmile

Thanks Gauri...I will miss IF tho'Wink...but will try to log in from there...Old habits die hard!Tongue

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 10 July 2007 at 12:04am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 10 July 2007 at 12:09am | IP Logged
NEt addiction also part of Artificial life...lol LOL Wink Tongue

Anyone going to India just Travel as posible you can...feel the natural beauty...Welcome to Kerala... Big smile Wink

ELAS101

IF-Dazzler

ELAS101

Posted: 10 July 2007 at 7:49am | IP Logged
I live in the US and am visiting India now, and I am dreading going back soooo much! It's not that I don't like USA, I love it everything...it's just all the people that I am going to miss! I see what you are saying about "artificial" life in the US because now that I think about it, we don't have really close friends or anything there, it's just this high standard of living. So then that makes me wonder if that's something that really matters. It's like we won't ever get to really know our family/roots because we comprimised that for the type of life we are living. What do you guys think?

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 10 July 2007 at 8:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Again touching the topic of India Vs West. Smile

This comes hearing a buddy of mine who went back to India for good and only reason he had was " in last 10years he hardly slept peacefully abroad", minusing vacation time in India. Vacation does that to you..Wink I am not from India but I sleep well when I vacation there..Big smile Btw how is he sleeping now?

Don't you feel people from Indian origination living in west are living artificial life. Factoring out money / standard of living would one prefer life back in India or continue living abroad? If you take out standard of living and money, then definitely India or wherever one comes from.

What do you say, life abroad is artificial?  Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit.. What nourishes me also destroys me..Smile 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top