Artificial life abroad Vs life in India? - Page 2

Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by TallyHo

I think staying in the middle east you get a great mix of the west and of the subcontinent...you are surrounded by Indians who are speaking in familiar lingo...only time I feel the life is artificial here is during the festivals like Diwali where u suddenly realise that the whole world is not celebrating with you...and you try so hard to recreate that magic by lighting the candles or diyas and trying to remember the details of how Laxmi pujan is done back home...U try so darn hard only to realise that at some level you are faking up the enthusiasm!

Ashu, I am with you on Diwali thoughts!!!  That's why we are going to India this diwali...yayyyyy....can't wait to celebrate diwali in India after 10 looooonnngggg years😃

Originally posted by Gauri_3

Ashu, I am with you on Diwali thoughts!!!  That's why we are going to India this diwali...yayyyyy....can't wait to celebrate diwali in India after 10 looooonnngggg years😃

i think diwali in india/ delhi is also more artificial than it used to be. gone are the days when one could fire a diwali rocket off at a bunch of gals😉, or color their faces with hard paint on holi (not that i did any of that stuff after i turned 12😆). anyways, now these are "sophisticated" occasions😛

Humpe yeh kisne haraa rang daala
Humpe yeh kisne haraa rang daala
Chill yaar... Holi hai ........i love holi 😃
Originally posted by chatbuster

i think diwali in india/ delhi is also more artificial than it used to be. gone are the days when one could fire a diwali rocket off at a bunch of gals😉, or color their faces with hard paint on holi (not that i did any of that stuff after i turned 12😆). anyways, now these are "sophisticated" occasions😛

CB...I am talking about my small home town Diwali...that remains pretty much the same...I hated the show off in the Delhi Diwali too...but despite everything...the spirit of Diwali was still there...mitti ke diye, marigold flowers...those things are so special!

Lucky you...But I am going to India too...not for Diwali...but this coming Friday...yipee!!😃

😆😆😆 how would that affect me yaar😕  I am not planning to fire rockets off a bunch of gals anyway😆😆

it's just doing laxmi pooja with the whole family, mithaee, mom key haath ka khana...and bestest is bhai dooj😊  haven't tied rakhi or did tika to my bros from last 10 years CB.....it would be worth for me....'coz my expectations out of diwali in India are sooooo different that yours😆😆😆

😆😆😆 i agree rahul, now this celebrations are also artificial😆.....

well i agree with raj and Lilprincess.... if u have a family support then u may not find the life that artificial (unless ur spouse is giving u headache everyday to go back to india😆).... I m here alone so definitely my life is artificial.... just try to get some colours with cricket and IF..... but if someone is leading an artificial life, there is reason behind it.... life is not always fair 😛.... anyways i would be back to masti bhari college life in around 2 years😉

oops wrong post! Edited by TallyHo - 16 years ago
Originally posted by TallyHo

Lucky you...But I am going to India too...not for Diwali...but this coming Friday...yipee!!😃

oh wow....good for you sweetie😃  have a safe and fun filled trip back home😊

oh wow....good for you sweetie😃  have a safe and fun filled trip back home😊

Thanks Gauri...I will miss IF tho'😉...but will try to log in from there...Old habits die hard!😛