Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Artificial life abroad Vs life in India? (Page 2)

TallyHo IF-Rockerz
TallyHo
TallyHo

Posted: 09 July 2007 at 10:55pm | IP Logged
I think staying in the middle east you get a great mix of the west and of the subcontinent...you are surrounded by Indians who are speaking in familiar lingo...only time I feel the life is artificial here is during the festivals like Diwali where u suddenly realise that the whole world is not celebrating with you...and you try so hard to recreate that magic by lighting the candles or diyas and trying to remember the details of how Laxmi pujan is done back home...U try so darn hard only to realise that at some level you are faking up the enthusiasm! Ouch
Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 09 July 2007 at 11:18pm | IP Logged

Even in india also now a days very busy.......People dont have time, a mechanical life.....but If you are in Abrod or in india.........If you can enjoy work and life then you dont feel bore.....

Lalu-ji is my inspiration thats why buy 10 Cow's n farms....the busy life they give me some relaxation...Now i start like Milking...Big smile

Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 July 2007 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 09 July 2007 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Ashu, I am with you on Diwali thoughts!!!  That's why we are going to India this diwali...yayyyyy....can't wait to celebrate diwali in India after 10 looooonnngggg yearsBig smile

i think diwali in india/ delhi is also more artificial than it used to be. gone are the days when one could fire a diwali rocket off at a bunch of galsWink, or color their faces with hard paint on holi (not that i did any of that stuff after i turned 12LOL). anyways, now these are "sophisticated" occasionsTongue

Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 09 July 2007 at 11:44pm | IP Logged
Humpe yeh kisne haraa rang daala
Humpe yeh kisne haraa rang daala
Chill yaar... Holi hai ........i love holi Big smile
TallyHo IF-Rockerz
TallyHo
TallyHo

Posted: 09 July 2007 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

Ashu, I am with you on Diwali thoughts!!!  That's why we are going to India this diwali...yayyyyy....can't wait to celebrate diwali in India after 10 looooonnngggg yearsBig smile

i think diwali in india/ delhi is also more artificial than it used to be. gone are the days when one could fire a diwali rocket off at a bunch of galsWink, or color their faces with hard paint on holi (not that i did any of that stuff after i turned 12LOL). anyways, now these are "sophisticated" occasionsTongue

CB...I am talking about my small home town Diwali...that remains pretty much the same...I hated the show off in the Delhi Diwali too...but despite everything...the spirit of Diwali was still there...mitti ke diye, marigold flowers...those things are so special!

TallyHo IF-Rockerz
TallyHo
TallyHo

Posted: 09 July 2007 at 11:48pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by TallyHo

I think staying in the middle east you get a great mix of the west and of the subcontinent...you are surrounded by Indians who are speaking in familiar lingo...only time I feel the life is artificial here is during the festivals like Diwali where u suddenly realise that the whole world is not celebrating with you...and you try so hard to recreate that magic by lighting the candles or diyas and trying to remember the details of how Laxmi pujan is done back home...U try so darn hard only to realise that at some level you are faking up the enthusiasm! Ouch

Lucky you...But I am going to India too...not for Diwali...but this coming Friday...yipee!!Big smile

Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 July 2007 at 11:49pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top