Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 08 July 2007 at 5:35am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Can you demand respect? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 08 July 2007 at 8:42am | IP Logged

people dont have time to demonstrate living upto the ideals the position entails but being in that postion (a parent, teacher..senior) assumes they probably already living upto those so they demand respect instead of the natural way of commanding.it... Smile

There are somethings you cant question....... if a stone is lying on the ground garlanded, a temple is likely to be built around it....Smile

Edited by qwertyesque - 08 July 2007 at 8:50am

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 08 July 2007 at 8:52am | IP Logged

of course you can demand anything. respect included. just dont know that you'll get it Tongue

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 08 July 2007 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

of course you can demand anything. respect included. just dont know that you'll get it Tongueexcept if you are in position of power, a cop, boss..teacher..etc....LOL 

souro

souro

Posted: 10 July 2007 at 9:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Persy

Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by souro

Of course you can, people do it all the time, on the basis of seniority of age, official position, social standing and what not.

Wouldn't that be the case where a position commands respect rather than a case of demand for respect?Big smile

The position can command respect only when the person in that position shows quality to receive respect. When the person expects respect because of the position then obviously s/he is demanding respect ain't it??Tongue

Yeah, but I don't think people should demand respect. If they have to ask for it esp cause of position, then clearly something is wrong.Confused

I'm not talking about whether they should or shouldn't. You asked if people can ask for respect, and I said yes they can and they do.Tongue

Fine! *catty looks, and sharpening my claws*LOL I am asking now... should people ask for respect?

Madam apni 'claws' zyada sharp mat kiya karo, aap ki keyboard kharab ho jayegi.Tongue

Ok whether one should or shouldn't...D'oh... yeah there are times they should but they should also back that demand with some action as to why others should respect him/ her. Big smile If you've seen ' Chhoti si Baat' you'll understand.Smile

zoobygoo

zoobygoo

Posted: 10 July 2007 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
You have to earn respect. Its not something you inherit.

Indian_girl_18

Indian_girl_18

Posted: 10 July 2007 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by reeps

Hi fellow nut-cases,

Why is the place so dead?ConfusedLOL 

Tell me.... can you demand respect?

You can never demand respect.  Respect is something that is earned.  Even if you demanded respect from someone, they will give you respect because its demanded of them.  But they will never respect you truly from their heart.  So, respect can only be earned not demanded.

Is it really respect if you got to ask for it?

No it is not respect if you are asking for it. well i guess there can be expectations to this rule. If someone is disrsespectful cause they heard some rumors about you, then you can ask for respect.  Later slowly change their views towards you

Can somebody's mistake (out of naivity/stupidity) be considered disrespect?

Everyone makes mistakes.  I think that someone mistakenly said something, I would not consider it disrespect.  Also, when someone speaks the truth, even though it might be hurtful would not be considered disrespectful.  Well least I won't consider it disrespectful.

even though the person meant no such thing?Confused

*Edit* Is it right to demand respect?Big smile

It could be.  It solely depends on the situtation.

Okay, I need to get off IF now.Ouch

Later,
Persy

Post Reply New Post

Go to top