Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 9:04pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Can you demand respect? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by Persy

Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by Persy

Of course you can, people do it all the time, on the basis of seniority of age, official position, social standing and what not.

Wouldn't that be the case where a position commands respect rather than a case of demand for respect?Big smile

The position can command respect only when the person in that position shows quality to receive respect. When the person expects respect because of the position then obviously s/he is demanding respect ain't it??Tongue

Yeah, but I don't think people should demand respect. If they have to ask for it esp cause of position, then clearly something is wrong.Confused

I'm not talking about whether they should or shouldn't. You asked if people can ask for respect, and I said yes they can and they do.Tongue

Fine! *catty looks, and sharpening my claws*LOL I am asking now... should people ask for respect?

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by reeps

Hi fellow nut-cases,

Why is the place so dead?ConfusedLOL 

Tell me.... can you demand respect? Is it really respect if you got to ask for it? Can somebody's mistake (out of naivity/stupidity) be considered disrespect? even though the person meant no such thing?Confused

*Edit* Is it right to demand respect?Big smile

Okay, I need to get off IF now.Ouch

Later,
Persy

Nice Posty :)

Yes once things go beyond limit it is necessary to stand up for one's respect. But demanding it nah... no pointing in forcing anything.. trust me.. respect cannot be bought or forced.. come auto. So no need to demand it, don't want artificial respect.. disrespectful behaviour is kinna of ting ting to improve on negative points.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
Respect your soul n faith......then all can respect others... Big smile A smile is enough to respect a person i believe that.... Embarrassed
can you smile... Big smile

Edited by Believe - 07 July 2007 at 11:24pm

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
Place is dead as Dewey said People found some life afterall Wink LOL . Enjoying wknd???

Respect is something earned and can't be demanded. Although there is time when one must take a stand. One must show all merits why they should be respected.

No one is that naive when they are being disrespectful to someone. Deep down inside they know what they are doing. Hypothetically even if they made a honest mistake, than once realized it, admit and ask for sincerely apology and mean it. Do not repeat same mistake twice.

Have seen at times people apologize for the heck without any sincerity calling themselves being more mature.

No one should take anything for granted in any relationship IMHO. Be it Love or respect Smile

Edited by Dabulls23 - 07 July 2007 at 11:33pm

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 11:33pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Believe

Respect your soul n faith......then all can respect others... Big smile A smile is enough to respect a person i believe that.... Embarrassed

Agreed.. and want to ROFLROFL on " can you smile "  lols omg Smile

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Originally posted by Believe

Agreed.. and want to ROFLROFL on " can you smile "  lols omg Smile

Respect activated raj..............Ayushmaan bava...LOL

Lovers Ka Love

IF-Rockerz

Lovers Ka Love

Posted: 08 July 2007 at 3:12am | IP Logged
Respect is nOt the thing tO Demand... its the One yOu gOt thrOugh yOur behaviOr... And BehaviOr is Only thing tO make yOPu respected... Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top