Debate Mansion

Can you demand respect? - Page 2

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
This content was originally posted by: reeps

Hi fellow nut-cases,

Why is the place so dead?😕😆 

Tell me.... can you demand respect? Is it really respect if you got to ask for it? Can somebody's mistake (out of naivity/stupidity) be considered disrespect? even though the person meant no such thing?😕

*Edit* Is it right to demand respect?😃

Okay, I need to get off IF now.

Later,
Persy

Nice Posty :)

Yes once things go beyond limit it is necessary to stand up for one's respect. But demanding it nah... no pointing in forcing anything.. trust me.. respect cannot be bought or forced.. come auto. So no need to demand it, don't want artificial respect.. disrespectful behaviour is kinna of ting ting to improve on negative points.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Respect your soul n faith......then all can respect others... 😃 A smile is enough to respect a person i believe that.... 😳
can you smile... 😃
Edited by Believe - 16 years ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Place is dead as Dewey said People found some life afterall 😉 😆 . Enjoying wknd???

Respect is something earned and can't be demanded. Although there is time when one must take a stand. One must show all merits why they should be respected.

No one is that naive when they are being disrespectful to someone. Deep down inside they know what they are doing. Hypothetically even if they made a honest mistake, than once realized it, admit and ask for sincerely apology and mean it. Do not repeat same mistake twice.

Have seen at times people apologize for the heck without any sincerity calling themselves being more mature.

No one should take anything for granted in any relationship IMHO. Be it Love or respect 😊
Edited by Dabulls23 - 16 years ago
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Believe

Respect your soul n faith......then all can respect others... 😃 A smile is enough to respect a person i believe that.... 😳
can you smile... 😃

Agreed.. and want to 🤣🤣 on " can you smile "  lols omg 😊

-Believe- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: raj5000

Agreed.. and want to 🤣🤣 on " can you smile "  lols omg 😊

Respect activated raj..............Ayushmaan bava...😆

Lovers Ka Love thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Respect is nOt the thing tO Demand... its the One yOu gOt thrOugh yOur behaviOr... And BehaviOr is Only thing tO make yOPu respected... 😛
I guess you guys have said it all 👏

No respect, is not somethibg that you can force upon others.....to respect you, you will have to earn respect 😳

If someone is goin to respect you, they will do it automatically, and if they are not goin to respect you why should you be the bad guy and force them too?

But you shouldn't take for granted that everyone will respect you...and i would rather someone respected me for who i was, than me pretending to be something i am not and hence they would be respecting me for them reasons. 😳

However certain times you can demand the respect, if you have authority over someone as in place of work etc.

I remember a few years ago, In one class of mine, the teacher could not control our class. 😳 And there was my firnd Phil, he really hated this teacher....and so used to mis-behave on purpose just to wind her up... 😳

She onced asked him, 'do you respect me'.
He said Hell No 😆 So she sent him out the room 😆 🤣

So if someone is not going to respect you, then they are not, can not force it on them to do so, as it wont really be real respect.. 😉

qwertyesque thumbnail

people dont have time to demonstrate living upto the ideals the position entails but being in that postion (a parent, teacher..senior) assumes they probably already living upto those so they demand respect instead of the natural way of commanding.it... 😊

There are somethings you cant question....... if a stone is lying on the ground garlanded, a temple is likely to be built around it....😊

Edited by qwertyesque - 16 years ago
chatbuster thumbnail

of course you can demand anything. respect included. just dont know that you'll get it 😛
qwertyesque thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: chatbuster

of course you can demand anything. respect included. just dont know that you'll get it 😛except if you are in position of power, a cop, boss..teacher..etc....😆