Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 4:02pm | IP Logged

Hi fellow nut-cases,

Why is the place so dead?ConfusedLOL 

Tell me.... can you demand respect? Is it really respect if you got to ask for it? Can somebody's mistake (out of naivity/stupidity) be considered disrespect? even though the person meant no such thing?Confused

*Edit* Is it right to demand respect?Big smile

Okay, I need to get off IF now.Ouch

Later,
Persy

Edited by reeps - 07 July 2007 at 9:29pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Can you demand respect?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

souro

souro

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by reeps

Hi fellow nut-cases,

All of them must be watching the TV for the New Seven Wonders, and Taj Mahal is there in the final seven.Big smile Clap

Tell me.... can you demand respect?

Of course you can, people do it all the time, on the basis of seniority of age, official position, social standing and what not.

Is it really respect if you got to ask for it?

No it's fear and hatred presented on a silver plate.

Can somebody's mistake (out of naivity/stupidity) be considered disrespect? even though the person meant no such thing?Confused

No, it shouldn't be, though it is many times considered that way, sometimes because of the ego of the person or sometimes maybe because the person is not aware that it was just an honest mistake.

Later,
Persy

Morning_Dew

Goldie

Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 4:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by reeps

Hi fellow nut-cases,

Tell me.... can you demand respect? Is it really respect if you got to ask for it? Can somebody's mistake (out of naivity/stupidity) be considered disrespect? even though the person meant no such thing?Confused

Later,
Persy

Forum is dead cause other people have some life LOL.......O man I need some life too LOL

As for your question .. no .. respect can't be demanded it is earned

I think same goes for love ... you can't forc anyone to love or respect you .....it simply happened.Smile

if someone did some mistake and realize it .. most importantly admit it then it shouldn't be considered disrespect.

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 5:40pm | IP Logged
Of course you can, people do it all the time, on the basis of seniority of age, official position, social standing and what not.

Wouldn't that be the case where a position commands respect rather than a case of demand for respect?Big smile

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 5:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Morning_Dew

Forum is dead cause other people have some life LOL.......O man I need some life too LOL

Same here!LOL I am "supposed" to be cleaning my room; instead, I am haunting this place, listening to music, and chit-chatting with soumya.LOL

As for your question .. no .. respect can't be demanded it is earned

I, too, always thought that respect/love was given, and one just assumes that it is given rather than be asked for it.Big smile

souro

souro

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 6:12pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Persy

Wouldn't that be the case where a position commands respect rather than a case of demand for respect?Big smile

The position can command respect only when the person in that position shows quality to receive respect. When the person expects respect because of the position then obviously s/he is demanding respect ain't it??Tongue

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 7:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

The position can command respect only when the person in that position shows quality to receive respect. When the person expects respect because of the position then obviously s/he is demanding respect ain't it??Tongue

Yeah, but I don't think people should demand respect. If they have to ask for it esp cause of position, then clearly something is wrong.Confused

souro

souro

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 7:53pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by souro

Yeah, but I don't think people should demand respect. If they have to ask for it esp cause of position, then clearly something is wrong.Confused

I'm not talking about whether they should or shouldn't. You asked if people can ask for respect, and I said yes they can and they do.Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top