Does anybody have an answer?

persistence thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

How do you accept others the way they are? without wanting to change them even if you think it is for their good you criticize/over-criticize?

How do you stop whining, complaining about how life ain't fair?

How do you stop hurting, and missing somebody?

How do you cure nervousness? making you sick? How do you adjust to new surroundings? start your life all over again, without FEAR?

HOw?

Say something comforting....

Persy

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: reeps

How do you accept others the way they are? without wanting to change them even if you think it is for their good you criticize/over-criticize?

I accept them, but occasionally criticize too.  If I care for them, i try to make constructive criicism and feel good when they respond :)  I think I overly-criticize certain stereoyped desis- it has become a vice. 

make it better or join IF addcit list πŸ˜†

I never do and never will stop hurting about people/ relationships lost for no reason / petty reason.  The closure is missing. Those that get a closure are easier to heal.  Time is supposed to do the magic of not missing someone so much.

How do you cure nervousness? making you sick? How do you adjust to new surroundings? start your life all over again, without FEAR?

I don't get nervous and usually not afraid of new places.  In fct, meeting new people, working with new people, making new friends excites me πŸ˜ƒ. I like to make sure not to be lonely and cold in the new place.  I did find myself miserable for 5 years in a cold lonely situation, and I refuse to repeat that 😊. 

HOw?

You are your best friend and she goes with you wherever you go. 😊 Be true to her, listen to her, take care of her, find good company and life will fall in place :)

Persy
πŸ€—QT

Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago
Morning_Dew thumbnail

HOw?

Persy

Life is never fair for anyone .. convince your mind ..and forget about it .😊

Interesting part is if life become total crap you can use your creativity to make something out of it and enjoy your achievements.. in terms of relations or anyother materialistic thing or virtually thing .

If you like someone or love some one you do because what they are the way they met you first .. do'nt try to change them you wouldn't like them anyway if they've changed according to your likings.. however there is another inevitable change happen in almost every relation  due to interaction with a particular person .. which reflect how you affect him\her ....if lucky they would compliment each other if not ..they would bring the worst out of each other..

be their friend and suggest if something is good for them .. if they don't agree with you just let it be they would learn ..or who knows they would handle it a bit differently(in a good way) than you think ... but don't take it to heart.

if some one is gone .. let them go .. if  they return they are yours and if not they were never yours ...this is a famous saying and it is very true ... haan if you love them pray for them by your heart for their best in life .

Personally I enjoy new places and new people can live virtually with any one .. yes some people find it difficult but if they try to see positive aspects there shouldn't be a problem

Edited by Morning_Dew - 16 years ago
greatmaratha thumbnail

I believe the world will not be the way I perceive it to be or the way I want it to be.  Others will be as they are and just as I/ WE will not change ourselves to suit the requirement/ liking of another, I believe that we must accept others the way they are.   In real life and on forum too, I have often said "yaar its for your own good".. "why do this, its not right", "dont think this" blah blah...  But I know a part of my mind is ticking away and asking me this question "How are YOU the right person to advice this person?  How is your advice the RIGHT advice for this person?  Because just as you think soemthing is wrong with this person and can be improved upon, someone else may think that something else is wrong and will give suggestions/ comments for the same.  "  Will the person keep listening to all his well wishers and keep changing as per their advice?

Every individual is different and our strength lies in our differences, I think we all need to accept people the way they are.  In that acceptance, criticism on some issues is healthy, provided we remember that our criticism is not the only "criticism" in the world. 

By living life.  The complaints come when we paint a grandiose picture and then compare it with the existing one.  Instead work towards making the existing picture the grandiose picture, Life will be more than fair

By accepting that someone is gone, that the good and bad memories of the person is all you have and turn those memories as a tribute to that person and walk ahead in life.

I dont know.  I believe if u do live life, then "living it" becomes easier, whatever the circumstances be.

HOw?

Persy

by being non-judgemental. 

by turning all problems in to opportunities of learning something new, something cool about life.

you never.....you just get used to living without them.  time is a great healer.

I am not a nervous person by nature and not fearful either.  I am luckily blessed with this quality of being able to rise up from ashes.  I am at my strongest best when pushed in a corner.  Nothing keeps me down or depressed for long.  So, I am not the right person to answer this question.

For new surroundings, the only thing I hate about new places is initially driving around in a new city🀒  Rest, I can manage easily.

HOw?

hmmmmm.....something comforting......samay hee toh hai, beet jayega.  achha hai toh enjoy it while it lasts.  Bura hai toh keep your faith in people you love and god and it will pass.😊

Persy

Edited by Gauri_3 - 16 years ago
Guardian Angel thumbnail

If they are very close to you then you can make a suggestion without being critical of them.  Close friends or relatives can make a difference by pointing out your plus points and giving subtle hints if someone is open to it.  As friends we normally aske one another our opinion, right?  I do ask for advice and guidance.  However, the person should not be overbearing as we all have our good points as well as negative points.πŸ˜›

By looking around you and counting your blessings.  By living with happy memories and thanking your lucky stars each minute you breath.

Aaw..... its very very very hard but time is a healer.  I have been there.  These things are beyond our control so you try to move with pleasant memories of the nice time shared.

I am a nervous person at times so I have no idea.....πŸ˜•   I think your friends work as a support system and so do your family members who are closest to you.  You cannot fight this just by yourself.  You need help and counselling if need be.  Counselling is available and sometimes we have to reach out instead of fighting alone.

HOw?

Hang in there.  Reach out to those near and dear to you.  Talking helps.  Counselling is available so donot fight it alone.  Friends too can be great support system.  If you need time alone.......... then do so.  Escape alone for a walk with a walkman, listen to some music. 

Hey....... good luck.😳

Persy

kabhi_21 thumbnail

You have to speak out.... though u need not speak out if the person is not very loved one.... and dont react to the overreactionsπŸ˜†..... i hv gone through this.... while advising some of friends they got furious but u dont have to react to it in anger.... give time to the person to think over what u said and whether to change or not is ultimately depends on person....πŸ˜ƒ

As u talk to others to change them.... here u have to change urself because whining and complaining is in oneself's nature... and it can be changed with a lot of efforts... so u hv to assess urself and do it.... this also answers ur first question.... because if u want others to change u should not be adamant that u r perfect.... u can change tooπŸ˜‰

You will always miss the loved once who are nt with u.... but the hurting part is definitely healed with time.... also someone else's love can heal the hurting part...πŸ˜ƒ

Just fear god and nothing else.... when u r nervous close ur eyes.... recite the Om word for few minutes until whatever u have in heart relaxes u.... and then open ur eyes... u will never be nervous.... i used this technique for my CA examsπŸ˜†.... new surroundings, well u get used to it... again the answer lies in second question.... stop whining about life being unfair and u can adjust in new environment..πŸ˜ƒ

HOw?

Persy

TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

By understanding that so many of our loved ones to accept us with all our faults...and also trying to imagine how we would feel if we were being crticized too much

By not thinking too much about it and focusing on some action ...eg. I didnt get much appreciation for something I really worked hard on...instead of dwelling on it I should start working on the other thing at hand and do it better !

By looking forward to small but wonderful things in life...a good book to read, the sunrise, a good meal...the comfort of your bed...sometimes focussing on small things heals the larger hurt!

Be kind to yourself...dont be too harsh and expect too much...treat yourself the way you would treat your kid on his first day at school...then you would realise that it is ok to feel nervous and afraid...and once you get that feeling you can start building on your cofidence from there!!!

HOw?

Persy

πŸ€—
sohn thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Its not easy to accept someone the way they are, buh it can rationalized by the thought that the other person is accepting you the way you are too. I guess its human to be full of good n bad traits, you got to give them a lil bit of leeway here n there. Aggressive criticism doesn't go down well with anyone, just got to be extra careful depending on how much you value the relationship..buh by no means hold back if you feel there is something that needs to changed according to you. Discussions help instead of arguments and some people do manage to handle criticism in the right way.

lol I dont think anyone can stop whining or complaining about life, esp when you are in a thick soup and suddenly see a lot of odds against you. Its your birthright!! πŸ˜› Its natural to do so for every human I think. You just got to keep your head away from a specific thing thats bothering you or has pushed you to whine. Always believe in the sine curve of Life, it will take you down and then take you up so high... that you will forget the down 😊 Just gotta hang in there n try not think about the down...n keep day dreamin bout the high which will follow soon 😍

As everyone said, time heals wounds and voids. You read it everywhere, you want to follow it buh it just isnt easy I guess. But one thing that can probably comfort your mind n heart is that every other person has been through that and now is fine in life. They crossed that bridge and came out feeling better than the day of impact after sometime. Engaging yourself into something does help, cus as they say, its all in the mind. If you keep that busy, it gives you temporary relief....and doing so, days pass...n eventually pain lessens and you tend to feel better.

Again, its natural to feel nervousness and nausea at times in unfamiliar territories. Buh you have to decide one fine day, that you really need to fight it rather than give into it. Its not easy to fight, buh one step at a time always helps. I was in a similar situation before. I stayed like that cus of fear and nothing changed, infact it got worse. So one fine day, took a deep breath n told myself loud, this isnt helping girl...you gotta fight it. And things changed. Now its easy for me after years, to walk into new environments without feeling jittery, and that has given me the confidence to start all over again from every set back I get in life. It later becomes a way of life and you start enjoying the new challenges and that amazing high you get from it 😊

First of all IMO ...accept the fact that all of those things questioned above are natural for a human being, so dont question yourself over these ever. Most of them go through it and one should never feel weird, awkward or embarrassed for any of those feelings. As a human, you will feel pain, void, hurt, anger, vengeance, nervousness, awkwardness etc...all you got to do n be careful or wary of... is NOT let these take over your life thats all. As long as you mind this ...you are ok....infact you are strong n sexy πŸ˜› 😊

They say pain hurt void nervousness fear heal with time. Buh you really cant sit n wait for it to happen...you gotta move things a bit on your side and try to expedite the matter.
Friends always help...rather good friends always help 😊 Be with them, chew their brains off  if you ever feel you need them bad lol. As I said, good friends wont mind and will help.

You gotta let life take its course..let the emotions take over.. cry a little, crib a little and vent a little when its needed. After all that, get yourself together and try to get over it...with a little bit of self determination, a no-quit attitude N lots of love from family n friends.

For me...music n cartoon films( esp Finding Nemo πŸ˜› ) always work in my down phases, lol never let me down..so..no harm trying 😊

And lastly...keep saying to yourself...."This too will pass..yes it Will pass..." 😊

πŸ€—
Lots of love...
Sonia
lighthouse thumbnail

You don't have to accept people.. you accept circumstances in which people live and think. because you could have been a different person under different circumstances.

By getting back to basics.πŸ˜ƒ  Try living without electricity and water for a day... πŸ˜‰ or eat kichhdi for a week.πŸ˜†

Initially you don't ... it is a mental condition but once you start taking interest in your life again it all becomes a fading memory... Every person in this world has missed someone more then you at one time or another and they lived to tell about it... A friend lost her husband on 9/11 and she still misses him and hurting , but not as insanely as she did the first year. 

How did you do it in your last "new" surroundings? You just do it.. Anticipation is worse then reality...

HOw?

One needs to look at self from the outside when feeling down... You will see that the grim picture isn't all that bad... We are what we are inside plus outside and when we focus on inside only the imbalance causes us to feel depressed..

Ok .. .I don't know if this is sugary but is practical..." when I look at earth, I realise how insignificant we are in grand scheme of things" Kalpana Chawla when interviewed from space.

We are so fragile and insignificant by ourselves yet individualy we can make a life better one by one...

Persy