Freedom fighter or Terrorist - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 16 years ago
sanjay dutt i dont think he knew wht the arms were for and wht they would be used for so i dont think it was intentional.
freedom fighters faught to get back their freedom which was robbed away from them. dont knw wht the terrorists r fighting for? which land they lost which was their's.

and freedom fighters succumed to violence whn all the peaceful measures failed and the britishers crossed all their limits.

and the part abt indian freedom fighters being terrorists from britishers point of view is very funny 😆 like attack a country snatch it by unfair means. kill its people, rob away all the wealth and leave a country in shreds which was once the richest country in the world and call its people terrorist is ridiculous.

Originally posted by: sandya_rao7

and freedom fighters succumed to violence whn all the peaceful measures failed and the britishers crossed all their limits.

That is what the terrorists claim now. So how will we distinguish between freedom fighters and terrorists? Most of them are fighting for some piece of land they claim others have occupied.

Edited by Maya_M - 16 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maya_M

That is what the terrorists claim now. So how will we distinguish between freedom fighters and terrorists? Most of them are fighting for some piece of land they claim others have occupied.

Its not what they claim that brands them its more their action. If somebody kills innocent people for whatsoever reason they can never be freedom fighters... freedom fighters fight the establishment not blow away some unknown group of people.

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

Its not what they claim that brands them its more their action. If somebody kills innocent people for whatsoever reason they can never be freedom fighters... freedom fighters fight the establishment not blow away some unknown group of people.

Your point is right but I stand corrected on my retort to the other quote. So are we branding only those as terrorists who blast innocent civilians? What about those who kill Army personnel and Govt. officials?

When freedom fighter is blowing away an establishment there are some innocent lives which gets blown away too.

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
good topic...it was one of the debate championship topics a while ago. Since only limited people were allowed to respond to it before, it will be interesting to see the views of other people

I think there is a very fine line between freedom fighter and terrorist..it depends on the person's point of view and which side they are looking at the issue from.
chatbuster thumbnail

depends on the winning side. victor gets to write the final epitaph on who's a terrorist and who's not. 😉
Morning_Dew thumbnail
Thanks everyone for great responses 😊
SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sareg

Afzal Guru threatened to shoot up Indian Parliament, freedom fighter in the eyes of some, treasonous acts if you look at it from the other side --> not a terrorist

Are you serious? 😕

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
A Terrorist not give much value to human life n society they only think about their goal......but a freedom fighter always think about people's life n society... 😊