Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Profession and Potential

raj5000 Moderator
raj5000
raj5000

Posted: 02 July 2007 at 9:35pm | IP Logged

People talk about what they wanted to be and for resons they are into professional they never thought of.

Does it mean no Profession is big deal if one has potential OR no matter how much potential one has, if one is passionate on what they want to do.. there is no stopping?

Edited by raj5000 - 03 July 2007 at 5:37am

Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 02 July 2007 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 02 July 2007 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
Hey Anshu, the title is very misleading.... I thought its a discussion on the age old syndrome of certain professions being on a higher pedestal than others, for various reasons.

I say that if one is passionate about what they want to do, and they have the WILL to do it, good for them. I do not regret being in my profession... though in some wilder moments, I did contemplate wild life photojournalism, and some other interests...but they were merely passing phases and in the saner moments, I did realise that while those passions may temporarily give satisfaction to the heart... the stomach may suffer from deprivation, which prompted my head to think faster and bigger LOL
mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 03 July 2007 at 1:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by s.priya

Hey Anshu, the title is very misleading.... I thought its a discussion on the age old syndrome of certain professions being on a higher pedestal than others, for various reasons.

okay, so i wasn't the only one. LOLLOL

Anshu, I have no clue what the percentage of failures in several professions are.  some of those do suck up people who seemingly have it all and yet never achieved glory.
I like for people to be more mosaic in terms of their practical experience and altgough being dedicated to one field and giving it the best shot has been my approach so far, I will never undermine the importance of being jack of all trades and master of one.. Jack may help survive in difficult times for the master..

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top