* ~ Roshni ~ * thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
This Partner is 'Hitch'ed
   By: Tushar Joshi
   July 3, 2007

LISTEN TO MY TIPS: Will Smith         & nbsp; HELP AT HAND: Salman Khan and and Kevin James in Hitch         & nbsp;          Govinda in Partner

The teasers and songs of Sohail Khan's Partner directed by David Dhawan are out. Starring Salman Khan, Govinda, Katrina Kaif and Lara Dutta the film tells the story of a cool, suave guy played by Salman help Govinda find true love in his life.

Sources claim that Salman watched the 2005 Will Smith release and immediately wanted to make a film on it.

"Salman showed the film to everyone he knew. He had a great time watching it and instantly called up David Dhawan to discuss his interpretation of the film."

When asked about the buzz surrounding Partner being a remake of Hitch David Dhawan says, "Yes all of us have watched Hitch when it released. I won't lie. We all had a great time watching it."

However Dhawan says that every film is some way or the other inspired by another. "I wouldn't say that Partner is an exact copy of Hitch. Yes Hitch did inspire me, and it did trigger an idea in my mind. But the way Partner has shaped it doesn't have much resemblance to the Smith starrer."

What's Hitch about?

That's my plan of action: Will Smith and Eva Mendes in Hitch

The film is a romantic comedy that  tells the story of Alex Hitchens (Will Smith) a professional date doctor who coaches other men in the art of wooing women.

While coaching one of his clients, Albert Brennaman (Kevin James), who is smitten with celebrity Allegra Cole (Amber Valletta), Hitch finds himself falling for Sara (Eva Mendes), a gossip columnist who is determined to unmask and ruin the so-called date doctor after one of his "clients" (who Hitch refused to work with) had a one-night stand with her best friend.

However, where Albert and Allegra's relationship continues to progress, Hitch finds that none of his tried and tested methods are working on himself, despite being a master of the art.