Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

running away from home (Page 5)

Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 July 2007 at 12:29am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Autumn. IF-Veteran Member
Autumn.
Autumn.

Posted: 04 July 2007 at 1:16am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Gauri_3

TODAY'S EDITORIAL: Barbarian Face
4 Jul 2007, 0055 hrs IST
Print
Save
EMail
Write to Editor

Cold-blooded murder? Worse, the murderers had the backing of an entire village and the act was sanctioned by a 'caste panchayat', comprising village elders. The victims of this honour killing were young Manoj and Babli of Karnal, Haryana. They were punished by their community for daring to violate an old taboo of not marrying into the same clan or gotra. The stricture might have made sense in ancient times when the size of clans was small, and marrying within the family, so to speak, might have posed physiological risks for the offspring.

I think these two should have run away, got married, and never ever returned to their village!!!

I second that!!!!

How does killing innocent bring Honour to your community????

Sometime back had read in midday an article that too in Mumbai only in some trader community, a girl was married into one family who was not from their community, both sets of parents were agreed and married their kids but the boy community people stop dealing with that family in business because they had allowed to marry their son to a girl outside their community.  

When will this type of honour killings or honour ostracizing stop just because a girl or boy marries outside ones community or caste or creed? Ouch

Most of the times the society creates problems. Many a times because of societys attitude parents fear to grant permission. log kya khahenge... as if those people come in your hour of need. Angry

Edited by sweta01 - 04 July 2007 at 1:29am
Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 04 July 2007 at 1:34am | IP Logged
The main prob is Ek baar shaadi kya thoo life time uske saat hi chalna hey Tongue ...Relationship value is high,so parents check all things about their daughter or son's future...I think parents/Society should accept a adult dicision about marriage. Smile

A lady wear wedding ring on wrong finger, so somebody inform her so she replay 'i wear wedding wrong finger,cos i marry a worng guy' Tongue Wink Wink
sweetsang Goldie
sweetsang
sweetsang

Posted: 04 July 2007 at 5:54pm | IP Logged

they prefer killing their blood rather then see them happy wth their love?
what type of belive is this...
raunaq IF-Sizzlerz
raunaq
raunaq

Posted: 04 July 2007 at 6:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonp

I think all lovers should elope and get married secretly.
It saves the cost of marriage and parents can give that money to the kids as a gift once they come around from the shock of the elopement.
Also, saves the relatives from all the expense of buying clothes, buying plane tickets etc. They then just have to think buying the present.
Also, there will then be no gossip about what was and not done during the wedding.
Elopement - what a simple solution. LOL LOL LOL

good idea, i will include that along with the list of samaj coming and consuming food LOL LOL LOL and then complaining LOL LOL LOL
Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 July 2007 at 6:52pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
simtara IF-Rockerz
simtara
simtara

Posted: 04 July 2007 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
LOL Imagine my shock when I read QTdi's comments Wink Well, if nothing else this topic certainly spawned an interesting new nickname for you di: QTip WinkTongue

Will my di's, maasis, etc. please let me know if first running away, then finding a suitable guy and then getting married would be okay Wink LOL Woh kya hai na, more than objecting to the guy I marry, I'm pretty darned sure my parents will object to my returning to India LOL

Looks like those with experience and understanding have covered this issue rather well. Still, I'll give my two cents - if neccesity demands it (unreasonable demands or objections from one or both sets of parents, social confines acting as prejudiced and backwards obstacles, etc.) running away may well be the better of options. However, my take on love and marriage is rather on the heavy side. For me, both are everlasting and altogether too sacred to be broken ever. You better be sure that he/she's the one you want to be with no matter what... because the truth of it is, you're leaving behind your entire life, history and quite a few relationships for the sake of one person (well two really, but him/her especially).

Interesting to note that the females flocked to this topic Wink

QTdi.. you know you're invited to the sangeet + entire marriage ceremony na.. you too maasi. Imagine the shock my parents will get when some 20-30 odd extra guests arrive... guests they've never met or even heard of Wink LOL

ps... The Saathiya version seemed just right - didi was present, friends were present and a temple, priest and shaadi ka joda were there... sounds like the right combination for the perfect run-away, yet semi-traditional shaadi Wink

Edited by simtara - 04 July 2007 at 8:41pm
raunaq IF-Sizzlerz
raunaq
raunaq

Posted: 04 July 2007 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
^^^sub log qt ka mazak udana band karo, ek tip kya de diya tum logo ko bus tip pe tip maang rahe ho LOL LOL LOL i hope all of you asking for tips are not kids LOL LOL LOL

simtara dont forget to invite me to your wedding, i can play the role of worst host and i am good at it Wink

Edited by raunaq - 04 July 2007 at 8:47pm

Go to top