Debate Mansion

running away from home (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 15

sohn

sohn

Posted: 03 July 2007 at 4:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *guesswho*

Running away is not the solution. People cant' always run away from your problems, you have to face them. If you really loved someone, you would fight for them; not run away in some cucoon. Yes, it easier to do that but for how long? And people don't realize how many relationships they break just for a boy/girl. And Yes, of course parents should be more understanding.
And example of it would be when my cousin ran away with a girl, yes they are happily married now and their family accepted 'em b/c they had no choice. But he lost everyone's respect, including the girl he married. Because now to all the relatives she is the girl who 'ran away from home'.
So, it might be easier to run away but people should think in long-term b/c it is better to fight and earn respect for yourself.

But then again it always depends on the situation. Everyone has their own problems!!Smile

Running away is not the first solution, its a solution drawn out after running out of all ways n means to reason out with the families. I dont think couples run away for fun or away from problems. Infact they run towards handling the entire problem themselves with no help!

Sometimes, family members close doors to logic ..either out of pressure from their own beliefs or prejudices or society. They probably get into a lock, where no more discussions debates are probable. Everyone loves their parens a lot, guess with very few exceptions, everyone would want a clean acceptance by families. As you said in the last line...yh, different people have different issues in life n we cant just make a general statement which says...they run away from problems instead of facing them. As much as it seems like a way out of problems, it does take a lot of courage to do that too IMO.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "running away from home (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

raunaq

IF-Sizzlerz

raunaq

Posted: 03 July 2007 at 4:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sohn

As you said in the last line...yh, different people have different issues in life n we cant just make a general statement which says...they run away from problems instead of facing them. As much as it seems like a way out of problems, it does take a lot of courage to do that too IMO.

well said and exact thoughts

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 03 July 2007 at 7:47pm | IP Logged

Runningaway from home and marrying our Sapnon ka Raj Kumar...... sounds interestingEmbarrassedLOL!!!!!

It matters with whom you run and what is the economic status, social status and character of the person we are running with!! We should ensure that the person we are running with is not  a marathon expert(in the sense has any past experience of running away from home).... if the person is a marathon expert then there is no guarantee that the running partner stays as life partner for somany days,that person may start the marathon once againTongue on the pretext on "not matching of mindset Wink" or "finding a soul mate"WinkLOL!!!

However , Marriage is preferablly done once in a life time and we need to be very careful about the person we are marrying to! If parents donot agree us for the sake of some  reasons like caste,language.. then runningaway is not a bad idea!!!!But we need to ensure that we join in the main family after gettting married!! After all, Parents of both people are important and its they who created an oppurtunity for that Run.. for MarriageSmile!!!

Howeever Runningaway from home is not a mean thing as perceived in Indian Society and its not a heroic act as shown in films!!!Smile

Wishes,

Mythili

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 03 July 2007 at 7:49pm

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 03 July 2007 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
Hello budding romantics!
I did not run away.. "Dilwalee dulha le gayee :)"

I do not recommend such behaviour, unless one or both the sets of parents are being extremely unreasonable, demanding dowry / similar..
Ab kripaya muze quote na karein! This kind of act does require guts, but more than that it requires immense strength to imagine every person you love and loves you back to be backing you, to be with you, to be blessing you.. All you have is their imaginary presence. That leaves a scar right there.. okay, this is my last post here since it has got fairly personal Embarrassed Embarrassed
HUGZ & MAY GOD BLESS YOU!
MAY YOU NEED NOT HAVE TO FIGHT FOR LOVE! Embarrassed

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 03 July 2007 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 03 July 2007 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 03 July 2007 at 11:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Originally posted by s.priya

Haila... humko woh shaadi ka laddo bhi nahi diya mqt ne.. LOL

QT ne khud bi nahee khaya !! LOLLOLLOL 
tabhi to kehtee hoon.. bhago mat koi bhii..  gane bajaane ke saath shadee wadee karo, laddoo baato  & call me to sing and dance in sangeet .. meri apnee shadee me reh gayaa .. par shouk bahut hai LOL.. haha

LOL served you right cutesTongueLOL

That is very mean!  Pyaar hee kiya, koi gunaah nahee.  Better than cheating women  shadee ke laddoo kisee ke saath aur ishq kisee aur se Wink  aise bhi dekhe hai laddoo khaate hue.. I deserved laddoos LOLLOL. send me some belated.

Autumn.

IF-Veteran Member

Autumn.

Posted: 04 July 2007 at 12:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *guesswho*

Running away is not the solution. People cant' always run away from your problems, you have to face them. If you really loved someone, you would fight for them; not run away in some cucoon. Yes, it easier to do that but for how long? And people don't realize how many relationships they break just for a boy/girl. And Yes, of course parents should be more understanding.
And example of it would be when my cousin ran away with a girl, yes they are happily married now and their family accepted 'em b/c they had no choice. But he lost everyone's respect, including the girl he married. Because now to all the relatives she is the girl who 'ran away from home'.
So, it might be easier to run away but people should think in long-term b/c it is better to fight and earn respect for yourself. How long shall the couple wait and continue to fight? Some parents I know would never come around.. so in such cases how long can a couple wait.. Confused

But then again it always depends on the situation. Everyone has their own problems!!Smile

Ok, I agree that running away is not such a good idea but the people who do such things, lose respect????? that I dont agree... I dont think that the couple has done anything wrong in the eyes of any law or abuse anyone to lose their respect. If that was the case then yes any person doing any wrongful act in the eyes of the law will not get any respect from anyone. But just because society doesnt approve with the way the couple handle the situation doesnt mean that they dont deserved any respect.. the couple is no criminal to lose respect imo.. In fact they deserved admiration cos inspite of strong opposition, they are still together even after facing all odds.. (mind you it is really difficult to go through parents opposition) thats require courage and determination. Not everybody can go through it.

Running away or marrying without consent and not letting the parents know about it, is a difficult thing to do for any couple. No couple like to take such a  drastic step but sometimes situation demands it. Every couple wants their both sets of parents to agree but sometimes parents do not seem to agree, how long one waits & also parents dont give any valid reason for opposing. Sometimes even after prolonged wait, parents are adamant or give ultimatus like death threats, isnt that emotional blackmail???? To take such a step needs guts, courage and strong mind and loads of patience. Those couples who have withstand against strong opposition and emerge stronger, holds more respect imo because it shows their diligence and committment towards each other. Smile

PS: That doesnt mean I am propagating running away... Tongue It has to be undertaken at your own peril... Wink

Edited by sweta01 - 04 July 2007 at 12:23am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top