Debate Mansion

running away from home

sweetsang thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

there are lots of cases of  lovers running away from homes ..  either teh girls parents dont like the guy .. or the boys parents dont like the girl .. but there is also a caste factor in it...or teh biggest factor what will teh socitey say to mixed marriage

so is these factors so important that the parents risk losing their kids  on the basis of  SAMAJ KYA KAHEGA?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Duha thumbnail
Well i believe ur parents would never make a wrong decision! im so against running away from home - ive been through a time of my life where i felt the same - buttt at the end my parents were with me n he wasnt!

ek chan pal ka mehmaan who u have known only for a couple of months/years - how can he be better then ur own blood - ur parents who have made u wat u r -

when ur in love - u dont see things beyond it - u feel like u got what u want - any1 who doesnt give u company u feel is against u - but that isnt the case - thats why they say "love makes u blind"
season915 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I think we had a topic on similar lines just a few days ago.

Well anyway, first of all, I think it is the children's loss and not the parents' if the child runs away. Secondly, that is probably not the best thing the lovers could have done.

For a girl/guy that you have known for a few years, why would you want to throw aside a relationship worth 20+ years? It's not always the case that the parents are right but if you have lived with your parents, you should know how they would react to your decision. One should know if the parents will be okay with the decision or not. If not, you just should not go ahead with the relationship, unless your parents have never been important to you.

Sometimes, parents can be stubborn for silly reasons. But after all, they also have dreams! They have probably dreamt about their son/daughter's wedding more than the kids themselves and to see them doing something against their wishes would hurt for sure! And, that does not mean that the kids just leave their parents and run away. You have to give it time and usually, parents understand after a while and happily get their children married. So, if time can be of help, why be a rebel and strain the relationship when it can be done easily?

But then are exceptions as well. There is this uncle I know of, who apparently still meets his lady love from college days after having five children and has stopped talking to his own daughter who decided to marry the guy of her own choice. What a hypocrite, I say! so, marrying according to parents and still carrying on your love life with someone else is okay but marrying your love and not cheating is not okay! 🤢 For parents like this, the children should definitely teach them a lesson. If the parents can not be moralistic, they definitely should not expect their children to be full of morals.

So, I guess it deoends upon situations but most of the times, leaving you parents is not a good idea. At least, I wouldn't do that. 😳

Bubbly_Shelly thumbnail

Firstly, i don't understand why they do such a thing.😕😡 Running from home?? I think it's pathetic. Most of the time it's not worth running away from home for a guy. Breaking all ur relations from your parents for a guy that you've just started to know. Like come on you've been with your parents for like a lifetime and suddenly you want to break all your relations by running away from home?😕

I also veryy much agree with Duha. Love sometimes makes you blind that you aren't able to see beyond it.

- Shelly :)

mermaid_QT thumbnail
bhaag ke shaadee mat karo 😳

Unless you are economically, emotionally independent, permanently bhaag hee nahee sakte..
Even when independent, it is very hard to run from past and roots!
Love conquers all, but umbilical cords are full of love too 😆..
Never underestimate them.. 
(IF moms, take it in a funny stride- don't mean to hurt / ridicule motherhood)

Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago
raunaq thumbnail
i think running away and marrying has its own charm 😳 just like amir and juhi in qayamat se qayamat tak 😍 ok dont quote me, my opinion is not a good example for this issueEdited by raunaq - 16 years ago
Bubbly_Shelly thumbnail

Originally posted by: raunaq

i think running away and marrying has its own charm 😳 just like amir and juhi in qayamat se qayamat tak 😍 ok dont quote me, my opinion is not a good example for this issue

😆..sorry had to quote you!😛..Okayy..that running away from home was very filmy..imagine in real life!😕😆

mermaid_QT thumbnail

i think running away and marrying has its own charm 😳

just like amir and juhi in qayamat se qayamat tak 😍 ok dont quote me,
my opinion is not a good example for this issue

and My example is not a good example 😆😆..
My opinion contradicts my past actions 😆😆..
raunaq thumbnail
Originally posted by: bubblezz

😆..sorry had to quote you!😛..Okayy..that running away from home was very filmy..imagine in real life!😕😆

i am talking from real life experience too, at the end family ended up accepting the guy, i think parents shouldnt think about "samajh kya kahega". sometimes samajh only comes to gulp down food during big weddings 🤢 i do agree with some of the valid reasons for the parents to be against the marriage of their child such as if they feel the guy has vices or some other reasons i cant think of right now but there are always few exceptions. but if parents fear that if they dont get their daughter married to someone who is socially upto their level, then what would samajh think, then thats a pathetic and lame reason to go against marriage.

that doesnt mean that everyone should elope and get married. its very important for the parents to lay the problems on the table without thinking of "samajh kya kahega". let the parents and kid sort it out without creating hassle. however, most of the times parents are right but there are exceptions always.Edited by raunaq - 16 years ago
Bubbly_Shelly thumbnail

in real life too it looks beautiful, i am talking from real life experience too, at the end family ended up accepting the guy, i think parents shouldnt think about "samajh kya kahega". sometimes samajh only comes to gulp down food during big weddings 🤢 i do agree with some of the valid reasons for the parents to be against the marriage of their child if they feel the guy has vices or some other reasons but there are always few exceptions. but if parents fear that if they dont get their daughter married to someone who is socially upto their level, then thats a pathetic and lame reason to go against marriage.

Maybe yes, it may look beautiful. I agree samaj should have nothing to do with a marriage. A marriage is the understanding between 2 people but sometimes love blinds you that you aren't able to see beyond it which is why you aren't able to see what others are. Besides, i don't know why your parents would take a wrong decision anyways.😊