Debate Mansion

7 wonders of the world campaign. A fraud? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 02 July 2007 at 9:51am | IP Logged
something funny :)

turns out that NRIs have to pay Rs 750 to view TajMahal, while residents pay something less that 50. FAIR DEAL Clap Clap .

Next is fun part-
To use the rest rooms (toilets), NRIs don't have to pay anything, while residents are charged some fees LOL

That's what I say about respecting the monument. Desi pride, country-pride.. endless voting, voting even for mediocrity such as Sanjay in American idol is all fine..
But first people should start ACTUAALY RESPECTING the monuments, historical structures, natural and man-made wonders we are BLESSED to have Embarrassed
We contribute to 1/6th of the world's population for crying out loud.. LOL LOL Hell yes, we can can vote it to be the first and only wonder if required! But what I would love to see is for my brothers and sisters to actually treat it right.. I am glad the cleanliness campaign is catching up and we are progressing well, so I heard! The ticket for locals in rest room cracked me up LOL LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "7 wonders of the world campaign. A fraud? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sohn

sohn

Posted: 02 July 2007 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

something funny :)

turns out that NRIs have to pay Rs 750 to view TajMahal, while residents pay something less that 50. FAIR DEAL Clap Clap .

Next is fun part-
To use the rest rooms (toilets), NRIs don't have to pay anything, while residents are charged some fees LOL

That's what I say about respecting the monument. Desi pride, country-pride.. endless voting, voting even for mediocrity such as Sanjay in American idol is all fine..
But first people should start ACTUAALY RESPECTING the monuments, historical structures, natural and man-made wonders we are BLESSED to have Embarrassed
We contribute to 1/6th of the world's population for crying out loud.. LOL LOL Hell yes, we can can vote it to be the first and only wonder if required! But what I would love to see is for my brothers and sisters to actually treat it right.. I am glad the cleanliness campaign is catching up and we are progressing well, so I heard! The ticket for locals in rest room cracked me up LOL LOL

Second that! You couldn't have put it better than that Di  Clap

Its not jus the Taj, it applies to so many other monuments or places of history, art and culture.

I see a drastic difference when it comes to places like these in India and in the UK. In UK, I think they maintain even the weirdest of the historical places as if it was some sacrosanct place of God. I once walked into a neat n beautiful old monument kinda thing in the outskirts of Scotland...the place around it was beautiful too, well maintained and kept clean. When I went inside, there was nothin there, just walls! Confused The guide told us with pride that its a place when some well known xyz dood had rested overnite before the war started or something like that. Sorry I cant even remember the details Confused And I was wonderin, what the hell are they maintaining so amazingly? Four walls n the garden of a few hundred yr old building?!

And to compare and think of maintaining our places of heritage art n history at the same level in India...well...there are no two ways, it has to start with the our people respecting those first and keeping them clean.

greatmaratha

IF-Sizzlerz

greatmaratha

Posted: 02 July 2007 at 10:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SolidSnake

Unesco, which runs the World Heritage Programme, has denied that it has anything to do with this campaign.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is almost like that Taj scam in Bunty & Babli...  

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 02 July 2007 at 10:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by s.priya

Originally posted by SolidSnake

Unesco, which runs the World Heritage Programme, has denied that it has anything to do with this campaign.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is almost like that Taj scam in Bunty & Babli...  

ROFL

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 02 July 2007 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
Iss baar ulta hai, iss baar goro ne humein loot liya.. LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top