Happily Ever After or Open Ended....

~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

I might be stepping in on the DOTW here but well i just wanted to find out the kind of endings you prefer in the sense happy ones or sad/murky ones...

I mean i have read ones of all three kinds and my most is happy because well the happier the end is the more nice it makes me feel!

I wouldnt like to go to sleep that night thinking why couldnt it have been like this... i would much rather go to sleep thinking alls well that ends well...

So which is  your type?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HarshuKiDeewani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i like d kind of endings that make me think... i dont like happy endings, call me a sadist, but i think happy endings are for kids 😃 total fairy tale style 😳
~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail
i knew somebody was gonna mention dat 😆 well actually i like a mixture of both ... i didnt mean a totally u knw prince kiss princess nd happily ever after thingie... i just menat ones that ended well :-??
Eloquent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I dun like fairy tale endings...since I read adventure/mystery in fantasy typo books the most, I don't think that everyone being happy and all that will make me happy...it sounds too cheesy to me!

But on the other hand, I dislike overtly sad endings too! I kinda like a mixed approach!
And yea I forgot to say it in the other topic abt endings...but I liked HP and GoF's ending too...the talk about 'things will come when they will and we would deal with them when they did!' I like that sorta ending too!
Virgo_Stars thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I am sucker for happy endings. 😆

Actually if the book is hardcore like memoirs or classics or something, then its ok but if we are talking abt the regular comic/romantic teen/young adult fiction books then the ending has to be happy.

In the above case ^^ If the ending isn't happy, I don't read the book. Wondering how? Err i have this thing where I read the last page before starting. If the ending seems happy and acceptable, i start the book or the book gets returned to the library the very next day 😆 But thats only for teen-ish fiction books. Other than that, for heavy serious books, i prefer a meaningful ending
missy6892 thumbnail
I like books and ending that make me think, thats why i guess i always go for book that come in series, i dont really like happy endings because its happy endings where books always end, for sad/mysterious ending their are always possibilities
cool_pooja thumbnail

Originally posted by: Virgo_Stars

I am sucker for happy endings. 😆

Actually if the book is hardcore like memoirs or classics or something, then its ok but if we are talking abt the regular comic/romantic teen/young adult fiction books then the ending has to be happy.

In the above case ^^ If the ending isn't happy, I don't read the book. Wondering how? Err i have this thing where I read the last page before starting. If the ending seems happy and acceptable, i start the book or the book gets returned to the library the very next day 😆 But thats only for teen-ish fiction books. Other than that, for heavy serious books, i prefer a meaningful ending

I do the exact same.. I prefer happy endings for love stories and teenage books or small fiction bec it makes u feel better.. N the 1st thing i do wid these books is read the last page..😆.. i cant bear sad endings in dese after reading the whole novel and knoeing the characters..😭

missy6892 thumbnail

Originally posted by: cool_pooja

I do the exact same.. I prefer happy endings for love stories and teenage books or small fiction bec it makes u feel better.. N the 1st thing i do wid these books is read the last page..😆.. i cant bear sad endings in dese after reading the whole novel and knoeing the characters..😭

I hate it when people read the last page of the book before reading the whole thing, because it ruins it for you sometime, when firends tell you what is going to happen before reading the book, like in harry potter, once someone told me what happened and it ruined the whole thing for me.

cool_pooja thumbnail

Originally posted by: missy6892

I hate it when people read the last page of the book before reading the whole thing, because it ruins it for you sometime, when firends tell you what is going to happen before reading the book, like in harry potter, once someone told me what happened and it ruined the whole thing for me.

I cant read a book without knowing the story! Atleast i summary...😆

~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail
[quote=Virgo_stars]In the above case ^^ If the ending isn't happy, I don't read the book. Wondering how? Err i have this thing where I read the last page before starting. If the ending seems happy and acceptable, i start the book or the book gets returned to the library the very next day But thats only for teen-ish fiction books. Other than that, for heavy serious books, i prefer a meaningful ending
[/quote] exactly my sentiments!!!!!! finally sum1 lyk me u knw! i thot i was weird dat way 😃😃😃