Is the industry male dominated?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 28 June 2007 at 10:12am | IP Logged

Is the Tamil industry male dominated? Are actresses being neglected, compared to the attention actors receive?

Lets start a discussion

My answer is yes.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is the industry male dominated?" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jigglypuff726

IF-Sizzlerz

jigglypuff726

Posted: 29 June 2007 at 10:45am | IP Logged

my answer is also yes ditty but actresses aren't neglected purposely. they have chosen their own path. nowadays which heroine looks at the scope of a role that allows her to perform?Ermm they all look at their salary, if the film is from a big banner, whether big hereos are acting in it & if the director is a well known person in kollywood.Ermm

in my opinion, yes the industry does treat women/heroines unfairly but the heroines are also to be blamed for this situation.

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 30 June 2007 at 3:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jigglypuff726

my answer is also yes ditty but actresses aren't neglected purposely. they have chosen their own path. nowadays which heroine looks at the scope of a role that allows her to perform?Ermm they all look at their salary, if the film is from a big banner, whether big hereos are acting in it & if the director is a well known person in kollywood.Ermm

in my opinion, yes the industry does treat women/heroines unfairly but the heroines are also to be blamed for this situation.

You have got a point,jiggly.  But movies which are heroine centred don't happen at all, do they? We have movies which give a big scope for the heroes to perform, and our heroines are forced to play roles of their love interests. Look at the variety of roles which our heroes get, of people losing their memory, people suffering from multiple personality disorder, people fighting corruption, etc. Our heroines are always forced to just say"I love you...I miss you", well, its like that most of the time, but there are exceptions.

Hosanna

Goldie

Hosanna

Posted: 20 July 2007 at 3:19am | IP Logged
As long as women want to be treated like bimbos they get to be one!
You see fat old balding men mauling sweet young things and the movie breaks records! Come on....
Will anyone accept Gauthami romping with some kid hero..???

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.